Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348034 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by theSpark(m): 9:03pm On May 29, 2017
High everyone, I've been a shadow Follower of this thread for some time. I've downloaded the needed materials, bought my exercise books and I hope to squeeze some time after work to get grinding.

I plan to write in September, hope I'm on track?
I plan to apply for Urban Planning.
I've started making a list of schools.

To be honest, anytime I think of the exam a fisherman's knot forms in my tummy. I hope I eventually overcome the innate fear of the exam.

I wish all of us success.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by theSpark(m): 9:09pm On May 29, 2017
RexCheeng:
Hello people.
I am a prospective grad school applicant and an ardent follower of this thread, I thank the many altruists who selflessly render assistance in one way or the other on here. Congratulations to those who recently got their visas and goodluck to those still awaiting funding decision.

I recall the many sleepless nights, all in the name of reading one of the success stories of some of folks here. I relish those moments, as it galvanized me and gave me assurance that hardwork truly produces fruits. I read many transcripts here; drhopeful, happyday, sureb0y, imperiouxx, sirriddy, bigfrancis21, MsNas, DanjaNinja, to name a few. However, as assiduous as I was with this act, I am sure I didnt see it all, I barely accessed 50% of the wealth of information sitting idle in this goldmine.

This was definitely not due to my ineptitude, I recall sirriddy confessing that he; on the day he took his GRE, sent his scores to some schools he didnt eventually apply to. A couple of others are still in the rut; choosing schools that rarely offer funding or assistantship, or placing all hopes on 2 or 3 schools because of unavailability of funds only to find out that the nebulous information the graduate coordinator provided was merely a bait to 'chop' your application fee.

The solution I am about to proffer isn't a panacea for all your grad school obstacles, it is merely a solution in fact, depending on the response it gets. However, it is a good place to start from. I was inspired by Mark's graduation speech to Havard Class of 2017 about connecting people.

I created a google form to accommodate information from folks who have applied to graduate school. This will enable prospective applicants have an idea of the school they plan on applying to or schools they can apply to. The form is astoundingly succinct and will barely take 2 minutes to fill; corrections are very welcome.

This is the shortened link to fill in the info; http:// bit . ly / 2s4JJx6, (copy and clear the blank spaces) I hope the moderators don't pull this down. I also hope this turns out to be as good as it sounded in my head.

This is the shortened link where prospective applicants can view the responses provided http:// bit . ly / 2rvSy5Q (copy and clear the blank spaces).

Obrigado.

Lovely. Thanks this will help in no small measure.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adikatobi: 5:00am On May 30, 2017
[quote author=uyi007 post=56592351]

Likewise myself please. Email: emmanuelosayande@live.com[/please kindly add me too adikatobi@yahoo.com]
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by superjain89: 9:02am On May 30, 2017
Hi RexCheeng,

That's a great initiative.

I think there are already a couple of websites which are already providing such information. I think we should all look at global admits and rejects as we are competing on the global level and not just in Nigeria. We should look at competition from all of these students too.

We will need to make sure that we take all these factors in. I came across a few of these websites:
https://www./msinusfall2017, https://yocket.in/discussions/home, http://www.stupidsid.com/knowledge-hub/ms-in-us/total-expenditure-ms-in-us, edulix.com, taisha.com, gradcafe.

Admins please help in adding more links if you know about this. It will help this community to grow and we will be able to more access to education abroad.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 1:32pm On May 30, 2017
RexCheeng:
Hello people.

I created a google form to accommodate information from folks who have applied to graduate school. This will enable prospective applicants have an idea of the school they plan on applying to or schools they can apply to. The form is astoundingly succinct and will barely take 2 minutes to fill; corrections are very welcome.
Obrigado.
I did a little digging and realized one stupidsid on facebook did something like this already and it has really taken off. The spreadsheet has details of over 500 applicants, their school, profile, and other pertinent information.

I learnt that posting the link on here might incur the wrath of the mods but it can be accessed on facebook, a very famous MSinUS group.

Cheers.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 1:33pm On May 30, 2017
superjain89:
Hi RexCheeng,

I think there are already a couple of websites which are already providing such information. I think we should all look at global admits and rejects as we are competing on the global level and not just in Nigeria. We should look at competition from all of these students too.

We will need to make sure that we take all these factors in. I came across a few of these websites:
https://www./msinusfall2017, https://yocket.in/discussions/home, http://www.stupidsid.com/knowledge-hub/ms-in-us/total-expenditure-ms-in-us, edulix.com, taisha.com, gradcafe.

Admins please help in adding more links if you know about this. It will help this community to grow and we will be able to more access to education abroad.

Just saw this. Thanks a bunch!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 1:37pm On May 30, 2017
theSpark:
High everyone, I've been a shadow Follower of this thread for some time. I've downloaded the needed materials, bought my exercise books and I hope to squeeze some time after work to get grinding.

I plan to write in September, hope I'm on track?
I plan to apply for Urban Planning.
I've started making a list of schools.

To be honest, anytime I think of the exam a fisherman's knot forms in my tummy. I hope I eventually overcome the innate fear of the exam.

I wish all of us success.

I believe you're on track. Three months of assiduous prep should suffice.

Apart from making a list of schools, it might help to contact the graduate coordinator of each institution, hinting them about your interest in their program and gleaning as much info as you can, especially as regards scholarships and assistantship ( if you need it).

The knot in your tummy is expected. They will loosen with rigorous reading and taking of relevant practice tests.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 234ng44uk(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2017
RexCheeng:

I did a little digging and realized one stupidsid on facebook did something like this already and it has really taken off. The spreadsheet has details of over 500 applicants, their school, profile, and other pertinent information.

I learnt that posting the link on here might incur the wrath of the mods but it can be accessed on facebook, a very famous MSinUS group.

Cheers.
You can still post the spreadsheet here
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 8:37pm On May 30, 2017
234ng44uk:

Unfortunately I couldn't shorten it.
Adjust the spaces where necessary.

https:// lm. ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F1MyLmoN8TE9437xh9Z_Yi4bbr1iztvYy6JWTmE-LQhdw%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing&h=ATPqMmJWfiWsQx_MQsawVUszIkbzVEMtBwyaOtM-S9CkMCayppF9zx_1mlT4ekbxcJXbcdRQBr_7Z7nQOvlJ3xZ3dzgwHbKuZQZpSZb23IrdNrQtx5PCG2owBo3mMZSPmll6y1GTFzU&enc=AZMXnHY13hJb8EdsN6T529yJ_PH2boMwRrknWv9FtSIhi2bhEl3tPNPzc0NsibExlzPkFkm5S7G1E_rzy59-QqeD2Dg7RudT4vlb6_9VYh9xgbgRMRc6AeR5qZXsMS8JFCFNNked0JO9YcgAFnZoGrNYhCyT2hCHhqH889dHdhh7OA&s=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 8:38pm On May 30, 2017
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 234ng44uk(m): 8:48am On May 31, 2017
RexCheeng:

Unfortunately I couldn't shorten it.
Adjust the spaces where necessary.
I couldn't open your link so I registered with the group. Here's the file for anyone else interested.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MyLmoN8TE9437xh9Z_Yi4bbr1iztvYy6JWTmE-LQhdw/htmlview

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by poohbearie(f): 12:07pm On May 31, 2017
temi4fash:

Which exactly do you want

Student copy or the one you wanna send out

Max 2 weeks i think

Student copy
if you sending nationally 2500

International 10k

These fees excludes etranzant commission

No student copy without first sending out.

Any other question?
thank you. did you apply thru t
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tizentos: 12:21pm On May 31, 2017
poohbearie:
thank you. did you apply thru the website (futa etranscript ) or you went to schl? am wondering if i can get the student copy from the etranscript site or if i need to go to schl. is dere a way to get student copy without going to schl?

You have to go to the registrar's office to get it. Its 1k plus other charges like (gown and alumni fee in case you haven't paid).
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mztadhee(m): 4:05pm On May 31, 2017
codexgigax:
I have replied your mail.
Boss. Please, i will be glad to benefit from this also. adedayoabdullahi95@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mztadhee(m): 4:13pm On May 31, 2017
HST:
Please am interested in the Book. This is my email address. Hungetemitayo@gmail.com. Thank you. God bless

Please i am interested. Kindly forward to adedayoabdullahi95@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olypharm: 8:42pm On May 31, 2017
Please can someone help me out here,I need enlightenment on this GRE exam,can someone WhatsApp me Wana know how to prepare for it.Am an engineering graduate.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by codexgigax: 9:35pm On May 31, 2017
Okay. I'm nowhere close to a boss.
Mztadhee:

Boss. Please, i will be glad to benefit from this also. adedayoabdullahi95@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 0110x: 9:46pm On May 31, 2017
Premium Magoosh GMAT account available
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by superjain89: 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hi Rex,

I found another link for huge repository of all the admits and rejects: https://yocket.in/profiles/find/matching-admits-and-rejects

If others have any more links of such admits and rejects please share here. It will be helpful.

234ng44uk:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
0110x:
Premium Magoosh GMAT account available
please share with me sir
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by harthy007: 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
superjain89:
Hi RexCheeng,

In as much as this platforms are good. It would be nice to have our own indigenous platform. Some platforms you listed above are highly dominated by indians,some are more inclusive of all students.
Some more platforms are springing up. Let support Rex_cheng to build this platform/sheet so that we can easily refer to people who have been admitted in some schools to get info..It wouldn't hurt to have a place where we seek advice from our own "seniors"..like the Indians do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by uyi007: 1:41am On Jun 02, 2017
ferfer:

Yes, I am interested in the checklist assessed sound reference letter (caleb.seun@yahoo.com). Thank you.
Secondly, the fabricated e-mail account could actually be in the form a name as authentic ones usually are , for instance - biliaminu.saka@oau.edu.ng
What are the consequences of setting up such phony contacts and going ahead to respond to the reference request?
I'm equally interested please: emmanuelosayande@live.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OluDare01(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
Don't be lazy, start reading from the first page
olypharm:
Please can someone help me out here,I need enlightenment on this GRE exam,can someone WhatsApp me on 08130601161.Wana know how to prepare for it.Am an engineering graduate.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Genomics: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hello house here is my profile:

Under graduate GPA: 3.2/4.0

GRE Score : 293

I got accepted to UConn for Masters in Fall 2017 and funding is usually through TAship. But recently I received a mail from my department and its says all MS students will no longer receive TAship. Please is this possible?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
Genomics:
Hello house here is my profile:

Under graduate GPA: 3.2/4.0

GRE Score : 293

I got accepted to UConn for Masters in Fall 2017 and funding is usually through TAship. But recently I received a mail from my department and its says all MS students will no longer receive TAship. Please is this possible?

Your master course?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ridsan4real(m): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2017
Hello Time2smile & Scholastica16. what's up about your admission update...I'm waiting to hear good news from u guyz.
I pray u meet God's grace & favour in all your endeavor.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lola234(f): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2017
I got accepted for Msc Computer Science but I couldn't secure a GA with the department so I applied for GA at recreational sport office for Fitness Graduate Assistant and I have been scheduled for a Skype interview. Please what questions will likely be asked also I don't have experience in fitness stuff, I have never been to gym centre. Please I don't want to lose this opportunity.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temmitats(f): 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
lola234:
I got accepted for Msc Computer Science but I couldn't secure a GA with the department so I applied for GA at recreational sport office for Fitness Graduate Assistant and I have been scheduled for a Skype interview. Please what questions will likely be asked also I don't have experience in fitness stuff, I have never been to gym centre. Please I don't want to lose this opportunity.
Did they specify that only qualified people or people with experience should apply? my suggestion will depend on your answer.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lola234(f): 1:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
temmitats:

Did they specify that only qualified people or people with experience should apply? my suggestion will depend on your answer.

Thanks for your reply. They didn't specify.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temmitats(f): 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
lola234:

Thanks for your reply. They didn't specify.
Why not go on YouTube or you can even google the duties of the fitness grad assistant and try to learn about them, if asked if you have prior experience answer with how much you've learnt and how fast a learner you are, that's. Suggestion

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.