Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1350464 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2018
smallsuper:
Update from my Georgia Tech application
They told me to get RA from a faculty before April 15 or else my application will be declined. No faculty has agreed yet to take me.
I'm sure you'll get one, keep looking and it'll be easier if it is PhD, your profile is awesome, they can't just discard!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by briliantsak(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
ponpon:
University of Florida is a big one sir, congratulations!!!!! What's your profile?

Course : Construction Management
CGPA : 3.89/4.00 ( WES)
Publications: 5

GRE
Quant: 154
Verbal: 152

Experience
Research Assistant : 2016 - present

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
GPA and number of publications odikwa very loud
briliantsak:

Course : Construction Management
CGPA : 3.89/4.00 ( WES)
Publications: 5

GRE
Quant: 154
Verbal: 152

Experience
Research Assistant : 2016 - present

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jamaticulus(m): 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
briliantsak:
I got into University of Florida (direct PhD) few days ago, still awaiting fellowship result in couple of weeks. I discussed with a supervisor before applying for admission, she asked me to select her as my advisor... which I actually did during application. Buh when I got the admission letter, they've changed my advisor to another person...who happens to be a senior colleague to the former advisor and he's even the PhD program coordinator for the program. I contacted him and we discuss about funding... he asked me to get back to him in couple of weeks for the fellowship result.

Hoping and praying sha...
Thanks Scholastica16, Ponpon, annexplus, and others

Thou I v fully funded direct PhD in HK already, buh US is kinda better.

Saka A. of QSV. Congrats...Funding on it's way.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
Sorry bro. I'm sure it's not a B.Y Mafit thing though. Dates are dicey as it can be available one minute and not the next. I'm sure the dates were closed temporarily and they must have been waiting to see if it would re-open.

I think TOEFL should be made to be like IELTS where you can see the seat availability and make choices based on that.

There are way too many satisfied customers that I personally know of and I'm sure they put in their best as well.

Wish you the best.

YoungTesla:
Hi guys, this is to prospective GRE/TOEFL registrants pls stay away from B.Y Mafit for now. I registered with this certain coy on the Feb 13 and I’m yet to get the payment confirmation order on my account.

I explained to them why they needed to register me ASAP to get March 3 exam date for the Lagos centers, simply cos the deadline for application to the school I’m applying is March 15.

I told them I need a refund to find another means, cos the Abuja center is still open for March 3 and 10, they keep telling me to be patient and lose out on ur Abuja centers too?

P:S This is not a campaign of calumny, it’s based on my unpleasant experience with them. I’ve heard good things about them, but they are messed up at the moment.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2018
By the way, GRE is 45k at B.Y Mafit with free books and lectures.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
MasterforceII:
Hello Guys,
So I'm worried about something. I applied to a school and was only able to send one reference (out of 2). The other referee had been prevaricative although he showed support prior to my sending the application. I was invited for an interview that happened last week. I didn't even think i'ld be invited seeing that I had just one reference. The interview I believe went well and the professor intimated that I would be admitted. Fast forward to today and I'm yet to receive any notification from the school even though I had been seeing admits from the school on gradcafe. So I go back to the application portal and I see this:
"We do not generally make our decision on an application until we have received all transcripts and references".
Now my questions are: Has anyone secured admission with incomplete references? does my being interviewed mean that they've waived this for me and I'm worrying over nothing?
All efforts to contact the referee so far have proven futile.
P. S. The school is Imperial College, London. I don't know if i'ld go here eventually as funding might be an issue but I just need some good news to keep me going. My US applications have had little headway so far.
I appreciate your feedback.

Just a follow up on this. Wrote to the school to request a change in referees. New referee sent his reference and I got the offer of admission almost immediately sef. Lol. Don't know how the rest of the admission cycle would turn out. Waiting to hear from my US applications. I hope for good news. Imperial College would be like a last resort.
Thanks for the advices.

8 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 9:37am On Feb 24, 2018
MasterforceII:

Just a follow up on this. Wrote to the school to request a change in referees. New referee sent his reference and I got the offer of admission almost immediately sef. Lol. Don't know how the rest of the admission cycle would turn out. Waiting to hear from my US applications. I hope for good news. Imperial College would be like a last resort.
Thanks for the advices.

Congratulations Masterforce!! You are really a master force to be reckoned with. I'm sure your US admissions will pan out too.
#Fall2018
#YesWeCan

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 10:20am On Feb 24, 2018
RexCheeng:

Congratulations Masterforce!! You are really a master force to be reckoned with. I'm sure your US admissions will pan out too.
#Fall2018
#YesWeCan

Thanks bro. Waiting to hear good news from your side. Soon, I hope.
#Fall2018
#YesWeCan

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Chuchu0816: 11:34am On Feb 24, 2018
We need to be careful what we post and even when things may not be going the way we planned It, we still need to watch our utterances. Telling people to boycott Mafit cos you missed out on your date which is not even in the control of anyone except TOEFL themselves isn't good at all.

I personally registered with them and I'm taking lectures at the moment. I know of a couple of people who registered with them between 15th and now and they are all cool.

Contact their customer service and work things out maybe they give you an available center and if it's not cool by you, you could get your money back but there is no reason why they won't register you if the date is available. They've got no issues as far as I know.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Chuchu0816: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2018
@youngTesla

We need to be careful what we post and even when things may not be going the way we planned It, we still need to watch our utterances. Telling people to boycott Mafit cos you missed out on your date which is not even in the control of anyone except TOEFL themselves isn't good at all.

I personally registered with them and I'm taking lectures at the moment. I know of a couple of people who registered with them between 15th and now and they are all cool.

Contact their customer service and work things out maybe they give you an available center and if it's not cool by you, you could get your money back but there is no reason why they won't register you if the date is available. They've got no issues as far as I know.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by YoungTesla: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2018
Chuchu0816:
@youngTesla

Everything has been sorted out. Everybody is happy.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by YoungTesla: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2018
frostsc:
Sorry bro. I'm sure it's not a B.Y Mafit thing though. Dates are dicey as it can be available one minute and not the next. I'm sure the dates were closed temporarily and they must have been waiting to see if it would re-open.

I think TOEFL should be made to be like IELTS where you can see the seat availability and make choices based on that.

There are way too many satisfied customers that I personally know of and I'm sure they put in their best as well.

Wish you the best.

Everything is fine now.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by saipn: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
kcwitch:
Get Manhanttan GRE prep (Complete video sets and book sets). All about 7gb.

PM me for interest
bro pls check ur pm
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
Chuchu0816:

You signed up 10 minutes ago to talk about then, can these mafit people GTH out of nairaland, it's becoming annoying, y'all are trying too much to impress and it's obviously fake

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
Fall 19 people, y'all can join Greprepclub too, they are doing a good job, it's almost like the Gmatprepclub
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Chuchu0816: 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
ponpon:
You signed up 10 minutes ago to talk about then, can these mafit people GTH out of nairaland, it's becoming annoying, y'all are trying too much to impress and it's obviously fake

Uncle, did you not read the comment from YoungTesla, when he said that everything has been resolved? or do you have a personal agenda?
I'd prefer the former because its excusable, as for the later uncle apply wisdom.

Now,to your comments, lets say i registered 5 seconds ago (I SEE YOU ANCIENT OF DAYS), and so what? You just said "the mafit people" which means this gospel you've been hearing about mafit isn't new, which means it is been tested and trusted by many even before you and I.
Yes, mafit has been trying too much, and mafit has impressed, and i"m sure you know its 100% real.
like i said, i"m taking my lectures there, so no wahala you can call me "mafit people".....who are you? (shaa remember the rules of no adverts..*winks)

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amazinglover(m): 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2018
aamstih:
Credit to femi312

There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I createdhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0 

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

This is very nice. Very explanatory

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amazinglover(m): 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
ponpon:

Ah, I beg to differ. I'm a living testimony of B.Y MAFIT. I registered last year Nov 2 for GRE, attended the lectures took my test on Jan 5 @jkk, thanks to MAFIT, I hit my target score. I couldn't have done it without them. I was introduced to B.Y MAFIT by a friend and I got to meet lovely people there too. Just registered for TOEFL on Jan 25, exam is this weekend march 2. And I'm more than confident that I'll get a 100+, God willing.

I think this is a Malicious attempt to ridicule the reputation of these guys. If this has to do with what you say then why go around on Nairaland looking for who will mention Mafit and counter post on them in an attempt to poison people's minds. I've been following this thread for a while and feel it's time to talk. This is just ridiculous. If you feel pained then talk to them and act responsible. This is not a way to show yourself to the world. You are just passing a very bad message about yourself and what you represent. I think you just made them more popular. A good number of the friends I met there passed, by "passed", I mean 300+. Well that's not to say they don't make mistakes. We're all humans. They have a team of responsive staffs you can communicate with.

You can conduct yourself without trying to rubbish others in an attempt to get personal favours.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
Lol You're very observant.
ponpon:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Auspicious2018: 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2018

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
Auspicious2018:

Not fair Bro. I registered with B.Y Mafit and i can confirm they have an excellent service. I got payment Confirmation next day with free materials, free Magoosh premium account and free intense classes all for only 50k.

Prior to attending classes, I couldn't even boast of getting 5/20 in V and Q but after 3weeks intense classes and practice, i took the GRE and got Q-156 and V-152.
This does not just apply to me alone but several other persons i know.
You could channel your grievances to the appropriate channel if you have personal issues with them.
In summary, they are still the best so far.
I don't take new accounts seriously, plus you're definitely saying what I never said or intimated.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
Lmfao!!!!!!!!! Jeeeeez y'all are ridiculous!!!!
amazinglover:

Ah, I beg to differ. I'm a living testimony of B.Y MAFIT. I registered last year Nov 2 for GRE, attended the lectures took my test on Jan 5 @jkk, thanks to MAFIT, I hit my target score. I couldn't have done it without them. I was introduced to B.Y MAFIT by a friend and I got to meet lovely people there too. Just registered for TOEFL on Jan 25, exam is this weekend march 2. And I'm more than confident that I'll get a 100+, God willing.

I think this is a Malicious attempt to ridicule the reputation of these guys. If this has to do with what you say then why go around on Nairaland looking for who will mention Mafit and counter post on them in an attempt to poison people's minds. I've been following this thread for a while and feel it's time to talk. This is just ridiculous. If you feel pained then talk to them and act responsible. This is not a way to show yourself to the world. You are just passing a very bad message about yourself and what you represent. I think you just made them more popular. A good number of the friends I met there passed, by "passed", I mean 300+. Well that's not to say they don't make mistakes. We're all humans. They have a team of responsive staffs you can communicate with.

You can conduct yourself without trying to rubbish others in an attempt to get personal favours.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
Lmaoooo. All these marketers flooding the GRE thread won't allow me breathe. One said I look for people to come and malign them, so I have so much time at my disposal, lmao!!!!!.... Y'all should chill!!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Allylic(f): 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
Michigan tech and their funny mail..rejection mail no 2

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Auspicious2018: 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2018

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:47pm On Feb 24, 2018
Y'all bring up points and be arguing with yourself. Lmao!!!! I'm yet to understand what's going on honestly. Fall 19 people How's prep?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
If one goes through the posts you'll notice I didn't do any name calling or intimate anything y'all have been using all your e-might to defend.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
Allylic:
Michigan tech and their funny mail..rejection mail no 2
App waiver gives them a lot of applications

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by LoveWifee: 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2018

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Allylic(f): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
ponpon:
App waiver gives them a lot of applications
I tell you...if not for the app waiver..wouldn't have applied there
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by smallsuper: 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
@Masterforce and Rexcheeng, don't worry something is cooking up for you guys. Trumpland needs us.
#Team Fall 2018
#Yes we can
RexCheeng:

#Fall2018
#YesWeCan

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.