Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348365 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pricelessjosy: 4:51pm On May 24, 2018
i have a skpe interview for a PhD admission, my research topic is MACHINE LEARNING FOR TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORKS.... I was asked to prepare the specific challenge am going to solve using machine learning for the interview. Please i need advice on what to do...
i also need tips on how to excel in the interview cus i have never heard one before.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kristchinbot116: 10:50pm On May 24, 2018
pricelessjosy:
i have a skpe interview for a PhD admission, my research topic is MACHINE LEARNING FOR TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORKS.... I was asked to prepare the specific challenge am going to solve using machine learning for the interview. Please i need advice on what to do...
i also need tips on how to excel in the interview cus i have never heard one before.

This is a great opportunity for you to discuss your research interest. I think only you can help you at this point, it is your research, you have to own it and be confident in discussing the purpose of your research. Asides from the regulare interview tips; be yourself, be clear and go straight to the point, communicate your thoughts simply and welcome your interviewers opinion. You should be fine. its kinda wierd saying this but know your research topic.

Good luck
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kristchinbot116: 10:55pm On May 24, 2018
tonidgreat:
Hello NL,

I'm new here, I intend writing GRE, then apply to Canada or USA graduate school and get FUNDING too. In all sincerity, I no wan come back after studies

My question is, which of the two countries will be easier in terms of allow someone staying back to work after studies. Thanks

Old or new, no one is beyond research, my advice would be for you to go through the thread, quora, gradcafe or even google. You can then come back and discuss your reservations based on your research.
P.S Try to see gradschool from a personal development perspective rather for job seeking.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by graciousify(f): 6:11am On May 25, 2018
Shanid:
Whatsaap group available for those preparing for GRE .contact me if interested lets share materials and practice together .

please add 07036288213
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pricelessjosy: 9:50am On May 25, 2018
kristchinbot116:

This is a great opportunity for you to discuss your research interest. I think only you can help you at this point, it is your research, you have to own it and be confident in discussing the purpose of your research. Asides from the regulare interview tips; be yourself, be clear and go straight to the point, communicate your thoughts simply and welcome your interviewers opinion. You should be fine. its kinda wierd to saying this but know your research topic.

Good luck

thanks alot
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by charlyduru: 12:46pm On May 25, 2018
Good day everyone, I want to know the possibility of getting a fully funded position in a research based management degree msc or PhD ?
I graduated with a 4.2 cgpa , adult ANd non formal education
School ideas wouldn’t be bad also

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fan01(m): 12:59pm On May 25, 2018
Go through this thread from page 1 - 372. Also there is this wonderful tool called google.com it is very affordable. You will be needing it through out your application process.

I am sure that after getting all the info you need, you will deactivate your account and never come to nairaland again.

Good luck to escaping from Nigeria.

tonidgreat:
Hello NL,

I'm new here, I intend writing GRE, then apply to Canada or USA graduate school and get FUNDING too. In all sincerity, I no wan come back after studies

My question is, which of the two countries will be easier in terms of allow someone staying back to work after studies. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 25, 2018
Please house, where is the next GRE and IELTS examination date. So I know how to prepare myself.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 1:18pm On May 25, 2018
Both exams are written all through the year.

For the GRE, you can check dates on the official GRE website. Simply register on the ETS website , search for a city and then you can find the test dates available. Alternatively, you can check mafit 's website. They usually list the available test dates.

The same thing applies to IELTS. Check the British council's website. The available test dates can be seen there.

BiggyB242:
Please house, where is the next GRE and IELTS examination date. So I know how to prepare myself.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 25, 2018
Quoran:
Both exams are written all through the year.

For the GRE, you can check dates on the official GRE website. Simply register on the ETS website , search for a city and then you can find the test dates available. Alternatively, you can check mafit 's website. They usually list the available test dates.

The same thing applies to IELTS. Check the British council's website. The available test dates can be seen there.

Thanks bro, just found out the dates.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by charlyduru: 4:09pm On May 25, 2018
charlyduru:
Good day everyone, I want to know the possibility of getting a fully funded position in a research based management degree msc or PhD ?
I graduated with a 4.2 cgpa , adult ANd non formal education
School ideas wouldn’t be bad also

Thanks

Need help on this please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Predstan: 7:04pm On May 25, 2018
Good evening house
I have a very few questions that I want someone to help dissect and give an answer to. The questions are listed chronologically as thus:
1. I am currently preparing for GRE and will be writing in July. I have tested myself with the ETS powerprep and my average score for both timed 1 and 2 were good compared to my program requirement (Q160 V154) but I have tested myself on Magoosh prep and got a very low score in average ( Q157, V145), I even got as low as 155 and 143. Verbal been giving headache. Now my question "which of these two emulates the real test" Or do I just start reading from start and assume I have not read anything?

2. I have been searching and searching for schools to apply and one deficiency I have is that I am limited to only schools that accept WES evaluation because I have HND in Electrical and electronics engineering and evaluated to be 3.6 of 4 but came up with this list of schools.
I. Florida institute of tech: A tier 1 school but ranked 601 in the world, I don't understand why it is like this but if someone can just help explain why a tier 1 research institute is ranked so low or am I getting it wrong? Because I thought a tier 1 university should be ranked as high as 1-200
Ii. Florida state university.
c. Georgia tech: requiring a competitive GRE score and that's why I need to ace that thing
III. North Dakota state university. Although I can circumvent the GRE according to the requirement.
IV. Illinois institute of tech: GRE score as high as 312

Thanks, please ignore any grammatical error because nobody in infallible

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kylexy61(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2018
tonidgreat:
Hello NL,

Currently, Canada provides easier post-graduate pathways to Permanent Residence than USA

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elclasico: 11:16am On May 26, 2018
2018 Bill Gates Scholarship Programme is Ongoing | University of Cambridge, UK.

Applicants must submit an application for graduate admission, a College place and funding – including a Gates Cambridge Scholarship – via the University’s Graduate Applicant Portal.

In addition to the section for admission, the University’s graduate application form includes a specific Gates Cambridge section which asks applicants to submit the following: A 3,000 character (500 word) statement about their fit with the Gates Cambridge programme

The statement is used by the Gates Cambridge shortlisting committees to distinguish between candidates who have been highly ranked by departments on academic grounds.

VISIT AND APPLY: https://scholarshipfit.com/2018/05/2018-bill-gates-scholarship-programme-is-ongoing-university-of-cambridge-uk/
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by charlyduru: 11:34am On May 26, 2018
Good day everyone, please does anyone know where one can do a university level linear algebra and calculus as a friend who is not from a management background wants to go for a management masters degree ?
Perhaps online preferably
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fan01(m): 2:03pm On May 26, 2018
Search for Gilbert Strang on YouTube. You can also check MIT open courseware. If you want only the knowledge without a certificate attached to it, then this will be a good option for you.

charlyduru:
Good day everyone, please does anyone know where one can do a university level linear algebra and calculus as a friend who is not from a management background wants to go for a management masters degree?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by charlyduru: 5:43pm On May 26, 2018
Fan01:
Search for Gilbert Strang on YouTube. You can also check MIT open courseware. If you want only the knowledge without a certificate attached to it, then this will be a good option for you.

We would make due with a soft copy certificate then when ready make payment for the hard copy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 5:44pm On May 26, 2018
PhD Student Position, Civil and Environmental Engineering

I am looking for two PhD students in the area of CFD using OpenFoam starting August of 2018 or at most January 2019. The applications are for two-phase flows (air-water interaction in very high-speed flows) and in the area of hydraulic
structures (e.g., water turbines, contaminant intrusion, flows in vertical shafts, etc). Experience with experimental work is a plus.

We are interested in highly motivated and academically talented graduate students from Applied Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or other engineering areas.

Please send your CV to Dr. Arturo Leon at artuleon@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 5:48pm On May 26, 2018

PhD student - Immersion cooling of microelectronic devices- Université de Sherbrooke

We are looking for creative, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and qualified PhD students to work on reliability of microelectronic packaging.The goal of this project is to develop a new type of highly efficient cooling technology for advanced electronic devices. This cooling technology is based on immersing the semiconductor device into a dielectric liquid, to benefit from
its vaporization phase change to carry heat away from the device efficiently(pool boiling). This approach has been studied before, in relatively simple implementations, which clearly demonstrates its impressive thermal performances. However, immersion cooling has not yet reached its full commercial potential because of two technological issues. The first issue is the so-called boiling crisis, a complex phenomenon involving the flux of heat, liquid and vapor which limits the thermal performances and create stability issues. The second issue is the reliability risk created by immersing electronic components which have not been designed for this purpose, and which might be subjected to new failure mechanisms because of immersion.

--Responsibilities and Duties-

PhD student will analyze immersion cooling technology compatible with industry requirements(reliability, thermal performance, integration, cost). Optimize using appropriate IC power control algorithms.

This research will be conducted in a dynamic multidisciplinary team, with the participation of two industrial partners. The Université de Sherbrooke is a Canadian leader in terms of industrial collaborations, where students get to experience both academic and industrial research environments.

--Qualifications and Skills—

• Master degree in Electrical/Mechanical engineering.
• Familiar with microelectronics reliability and microelectronic failure
analysis.
• Strong computer programming.
• Good communication skill and team work

Having this additional skill is an advantage:
• Experience in packaging microelectronics

Interested applicants are required to submit 1) a cover letter 2) curriculum vitae and 3) a list of three references with contact information including mailing address, phone number or e-mail address.

jf.morissette@usherbrooke.ca
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 10:34am On May 27, 2018
Predstan:
Good evening house
I have a very few questions that I want someone to help dissect and give an answer to. The questions are listed chronologically as thus:
1. I am currently preparing for GRE and will be writing in July. I have tested myself with the ETS powerprep and my average score for both timed 1 and 2 were good compared to my program requirement (Q160 V154) but I have tested myself on Magoosh prep and got a very low score in average ( Q157, V145), I even got as low as 155 and 143. Verbal been giving headache. Now my question "which of these two emulates the real test" Or do I just start reading from start and assume I have not read anything?

2. I have been searching and searching for schools to apply and one deficiency I have is that I am limited to only schools that accept WES evaluation because I have HND in Electrical and electronics engineering and evaluated to be 3.6 of 4 but came up with this list of schools.
I. Florida institute of tech: A tier 1 school but ranked 601 in the world, I don't understand why it is like this but if someone can just help explain why a tier 1 research institute is ranked so low or am I getting it wrong? Because I thought a tier 1 university should be ranked as high as 1-200
Ii. Florida state university.
c. Georgia tech: requiring a competitive GRE score and that's why I need to ace that thing
III. North Dakota state university. Although I can circumvent the GRE according to the requirement.
IV. Illinois institute of tech: GRE score as high as 312

Thanks, please ignore any grammatical error because nobody in infallible

1. The powerprep emulates the GRE better than any other practise tests out there. That's not to say you should disregard your magoosh score. In fact, it's only an indicator that you need to do better. Best to go through all the explanation videos for the magoosh questions and keep practising. For an increase in your magoosh score will ultimately yield an increase in your GRE score.

2. It's been long established that global University rankings do not favour mid tier US schools. Therefore, you should be looking at National rankings instead of world rankings in rating schools in the US. An example given here sometime ago, The university of Oklahoma is ranked 300 in the USA while the university of Sheffield is ranked 91 in the world. Even Sheffield graduates would disagree. Lol
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ComradeTY(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2018
pricelessjosy:

Good morning

Please let's relate better
tyibitoye@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 3:11pm On May 27, 2018
charlyduru:
Good day everyone, please does anyone know where one can do a university level linear algebra and calculus as a friend who is not from a management background wants to go for a management masters degree ?

Hi! Check out "Linear algebra, foundations to frontiers" by University of Texas, Austin on edx: https://www.edx.org/course/laff-linear-algebra-foundations-to-frontiers

All the best!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Samwise001: 3:14pm On May 27, 2018
George wrote a script. But not one studio movie liked it, they said nobody liked science fiction ,they said it was for children . He finally found a producer who said he will finance it, but even the producer didn't like story,  he just did it because he want George to make other movies for him in future.  But he had to agree on a budget https://myspotlighte..com.ng/2018/05/if-you-feel-like-giving-up-read-this.html?m=1
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Adesquare1992: 3:03pm On May 28, 2018
Hello Nlanders,
Pls I need prep. materials on GRE and TOEFL. I can be reached on Adesquare1990@Gmail.com. I reside in Ibadan just in case you have hard copies and reside in Ibadan. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hill55: 4:04pm On May 28, 2018
please help a brother, I have been battling with verbal section of the GRE, the highest average i have been gettin is 138, atimes as low as 134 while yhe lowest ive gotten on quant is 165, highe been 168,please i need serious help.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Predstan: 9:56pm On May 28, 2018
hill55:
please help a brother, I have been battling with verbal section of the GRE, the highest average i have been gettin is 138, atimes as low as 134 while yhe lowest ive gotten on quant is 165, highe been 168,please i need serious help.

Have your tried any other test prep apart from Powerprep? I am also in similar shoes as you are... But mine is just 145 in the verbal
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DONPablosugar: 2:49am On May 29, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Hello Nlanders,
Pls I need prep. materials on GRE and TOEFL. I can be reached on Adesquare1990@Gmail.com. I reside in Ibadan just in case you have hard copies and reside in Ibadan. Thanks in anticipation.

lets relate... richieohms@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:44am On May 29, 2018
NEW PROMO AVAILABLE !!!

TOEFL , GRE & SAT
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by saipn: 8:33am On May 29, 2018
lincoffm:
NEW PROMO AVAILABLE !!!
what is new promo for TOEFL registration?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kenex4ever(m): 3:23pm On May 29, 2018
Shanid:
Whatsaap group available for those preparing for GRE .contact me if interested lets share materials and practice together .
add 09054787314

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.