Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1354443 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicolars(m): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
Please, I need link on the registration for GRE.
Hello, how did you go about this?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:13am On Nov 11, 2021
Wendywilson:
Okay so how will I go about it?
Contact me through the email below:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicolars(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Has anyone done the GRE test at home rather than at a test center? How was the experience and is there any disadvantage.

I’m planning on doing the test December ending but unfortunately there’s no available seat in Lagos.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Wendywilson: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Done
GrammarNazi1:

Contact me through the email below:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Wendywilson: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Pls send to me
Oloruntolaayowande@gmail.com
Thomsyne:

Your mail bounced o boss
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nozino: 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nicolars:
Has anyone done the GRE test at home rather than at a test center? How was the experience and is there any disadvantage.

I’m planning on doing the test December ending but unfortunately there’s no available seat in Lagos.

Check neighboring states.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GrammarNazi1(m): 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Wendywilson:
Done
Replied.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by LordDunsin(m): 5:38am On Nov 13, 2021
please do you mind if i reach out to you personally so you can help with the reaching out to potential supervisor thing in order to get a favourable reply?
Gerrard59:

No. Even if he promises to fund you, it's not a guarantee of admission. Until you receive your letter of admission, you can be sure of being admitted. Your profile and documents will be perused by different people in the admissions committee and they've to be satisfactory aka meet the barest minimum of requirements.

The meeting and approval only increases your chances of being admitted, it's not a guarantee.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gerrard59(m): 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2021
LordDunsin:
please do you mind if i reach out to you personally so you can help with the reaching out to potential supervisor thing in order to get a favourable reply?

https://anumightytm.medium.com/part-two-guide-to-graduate-studies-in-the-united-state-of-america-us-38142f48d1f0

Check the links embedded in the article.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by LordDunsin(m): 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by preciousnobel(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good day! Please I want to ask how can one prepare for a virtual meeting with a prof? I sent cold emails to some profs concerning application for PhD and to also express interest in their research and they are willing to do a virtual meeting via Zoom.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by opssontee: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2021
Please I need the GRE prep materials too, opssontee92@gmail.com thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mickeywilliams(m): 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hello guys. Please can anyone recommend good schools for ECE for fall , with funding considerations MS/PHD
Profile:
Bachelors: Electrical engineering 4.47/5 3.65(WES Unofficial)
Work experience 2 years
GRE:310
Thank you for the help. I will appreciate tips that would help me. #Fall22
Also do you think December is too late for applications considering funding.
Bosses in the house @ponpon @obene12 @seeker88 @nastydamus @icool @scholastica @Drhopeful @Hirschfelder @dremanuel
Everyone who has contributed to this thread. I need help and guidance now oo cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanuelle27: 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
Just wrote GRE few hours ago and the result wasn't impressive, your recommendations guys, below is my profile

Bsc: Biochemistry
GPA (WES official) 2.92
TOEFL: S24 W22 R25 L28 = 99
GRE V146 Q152 = 298
Intended programs: Ms Chemistry, Ms Biotechnology etc. Your suggestions will be very helpful based on school and programs, thanks a lot.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gerrard59(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Just wrote GRE few hours ago and the result wasn't impressive, your recommendations guys, below is my profile

GPA (WES official) 2.92
GRE V146 Q152 = 298
Intended programs: Ms Chemistry, Ms Biotechnology etc. Your suggestions will be very helpful based on school and programs, thanks a lot.

You will have to do a Google search for schools that accept a low GPA and/or low GRE score. However, to increase your chances of being funded, I'll suggest you re-write the GRE. You cannot change your GPA at this point, your GRE is what you can change.

Good TOEFL score tho.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gerrard59(m): 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mickeywilliams:
Hello guys. Please can anyone recommend good schools for ECE for fall , with funding considerations MS/PHD
Profile:
Bachelors: Electrical engineering 4.47/5 3.65(WES Unofficial)
Work experience 2 years
GRE:310
Thank you for the help. I will appreciate tips that would help me. #Fall22
Also do you think December is too late for applications considering funding.

Everyone who has contributed to this thread. I need help and guidance now oo cheesy

To be honest, most schools have deadlines around early or early mid December. You will have to begin a search for schools that have deadlines in January or February so you can prepare adequately - LORs, sending test scores, SOP etc. Also, you need to search for schools where prospective professors have similar research themes as you do. Preferably check those that can accept your profile because that's a competitive program which Indians and Chinese don't joke with.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gerrard59(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
emmanuelle27:

GPA (WES official) 2.92
GRE V146 Q152 = 298

https://www.reddit.com/r/gradadmissions/comments/quiojn/does_anyone_with_a_low_gpa_get_into_grad_school/

https://ischoolconnect.com/blog/list-of-100-graduate-schools-with-low-gpa-requirements/
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Damolux01(m): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nicolars:
Please who has practice questions for gre verbal especially reading comprehension.
I’ve exhausted the one from 1024 gre questions, Kaplan and Manhattan
Kindly assist me with any GRE material(s). Send to damolux01@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Damolux01(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thomsyne:

PM me your mail
Kindly assist me with it too @ damolux01@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Thomsyne(m): 9:09am On Nov 17, 2021
Damolux01:
Kindly assist me with it too @ damolux01@gmail.com

Sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by boyo44: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Thomsyne:

Sent
Pls help me send to bayoin3triple@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Thomsyne(m): 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
boyo44:

Pls help me send to bayoin3triple@gmail.com
Thanks

Sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bond4141(m): 11:17am On Nov 18, 2021
My ETS account has been flagged. I want to register for GRE now, please who know what can be done. Need help ASAP.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowniran(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hello. Please who has at any point applied to University of Arkansas lafeyette. Was your application reviewed by just submitting Unofficial copies of your test scores?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bond4141:
My ETS account has been flagged. I want to register for GRE now, please who know what can be done. Need help ASAP.
Why was it flagged?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 3:32am On Nov 21, 2021
Gerrard59:

To be honest, most schools have deadlines around early or early mid December. You will have to begin a search for schools that have deadlines in January or February so you can prepare adequately - LORs, sending test scores, SOP etc. Also, you need to search for schools where prospective professors have similar research themes as you do. Preferably check those that can accept your profile because that's a competitive program where Indians and Chinese don't joke with.

This information is not entirely true, bro. using the words "Most Schools" is kinda too strong. Countless schools have priority deadlines of up to February ending and March, but early application is always welcomed, especially when the applicant needs to be funded.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by toluduji: 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
Dear All and seniors in the house. Please how much is the GRE exam in Nigerian naira thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowniran(m): 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
Nicolars:
Hello, how did you go about this?

I can register for you at a discount price of 65k naira. Why pay $220?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowniran(m): 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
toluduji:
Dear All and seniors in the house. Please how much is the GRE exam in Nigerian naira thanks

Its $220. Dollar limit is $100, which means you would have to buy dollars at black market price of 550 naira. But we can register you for just 65,000 naira. Why pay $220?

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.