Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? (6110 Views)

Poll: who wears the crown

drogba: 0% (0 votes)
adebayor: 71% (10 votes)
zaki: 21% (3 votes)
treka: 0% (0 votes)
essien: 7% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by topeorekoy(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2008
these are the 5 players nominated for the african footballer of the year

Emmanuel Adebayor- Togo/Arsenal
Ahmed Zaki- Egypt/ Wigan
Abdul Treka-
Didier Drogba- Ivory coast/ chelsea
Michael Essien- Ghana/Chelsea

my preference is Emmanuel Adebayor. he was red hot in 2007 and still scoring. coming close will be abdul treka. i really don't see the reason why drogba was nominated because he wasnt his realself last season
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by HNIC(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2008
Adebayor all the way.
Outstanding season/year for both club and country!!!
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by kaypumpin2(m): 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2008
Emmanuel Adebayor without doubt.
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by Jarus(m): 6:25pm On Oct 14, 2008
Adebayor has it. It is undebatable.
Zaki may come second.
And by the way, I think Muntari deserves a place in the TOp 5. He was fantastic for Portsmouth and Ghana, and at Inter.
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by Sauron1: 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2008
Zaki should take this.
He was the best player in CAN and he is currently blazing the Premiership.
Adebayor?? I can't remember him wearing any medal in the last 12 months. tongue
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by RuuDie(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2008
I think its about time ABOUTREKA cops this award he's been nominated one too many times or must he play for a European club before he is considered for the award
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by Bobbyb(m): 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2008
EMMANUEL SHEYI ADEBAYOR. but actually african players were a lil bit cold this year.but new talents signaled their presence such as Manucho,Alex Song,Ikechukwu Uche,Anthony annan,e.t.c.
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by A40(m): 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2008
Adebayor for sure or maybe Zaki
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by Akolawole(m): 12:30am On Oct 15, 2008
As a Nigeria and a part-time lover of makossa dance grin, i want Sheyi to win it but Zaki had been tremendous.

Imagine Zaki play for any top 4 teams, he will be tearing nets every week.

He was part of the team that destroy almighty Ivory coast in Ghana.

Go Sheyi but i wont be dissapointed if the egyptian nick it.
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by AJITERU: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2008
Emmanuel Sheyi Adebayor all the way.
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by badman(m): 9:09am On Oct 16, 2008
too bad no nigerian
adebayor should take this one
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by Jarus(m): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2008
badman:

too bad no nigerian
When last did you see a Nigerian in the shortlist? Ok, JJ 2004
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by chidipupay(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2008
Adebayor and zaki second
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by agboifo(f): 12:16pm On Feb 11, 2009
Adebayor won!
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Nominee, Who wears the crown? by Cristalz(f): 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2009

(1)

Who Is The Greatest Ever? Ronaldo Vs Zidane Vs Ronaldinho Vs C. Ronaldo Vs Messi / Nigeria League Ranked Worst League In Terms Of Salary / Another Mini Football Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.