Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award (23589 Views)

Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
Two Nigerian players, Ahmed Musa and Vincent Enyeama, are in the run to win the 2015 CAF African Footballer of the Year Award after the duo were included in the shortlist of 37 players released on Sunday by the continent’s soccer ruling body.

The two players have been in blistering form for their respective clubs this term with Musa scoring ten goals in all competitions for his Russian club, CSKA Moscow, while Enyeama has kept five clean sheets in six Ligue 1 games for his French side Lille who are 12th on the log.

The list of nominees released by CAF on Sunday is dominated by Algerian players with six footballers from the North African country in the squad even though they failed to make an impact at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Ivory Coast, who finished top at the tournament in Equatorial Guinea, have four players in the shortlist with Yaya Toure leading the pack from the West African country.

The Ghanaian duo of Christian Atsu and Andre Ayew also made the star-studded shortlist.

Musa and Enyeama were also shortlisted last year with Enyeama making it to the final shortlist of three.

It is yet to be seen if either of the two Nigerian players will finally end the long wait for the country as no Nigerian player has won the top prize since 2000 when Kanu Nwankwo was voted the best on the continent,

Meanwhile, the present 37-man list will be pruned down to 10 by next month before it is further reduced to five and then the final three before the award ceremony is held.

Yaya Toure has won this prestigious award four times including in the last three straight years.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/191375-enyeama-musa-shortlisted-for-african-footballer-of-the-year-award.html
cc Lalasticlala
[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2015/10/485x303ximage4.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.b9UByXMbCn.webp[/img]

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
They always get shortlisted but winning it is the problem

Wow, FTC again? Interesting. I am pooing on their heads,

Bartender, bring one chilled bottle of "SHARWAMA" for me

8 Likes

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by FatIjeomaOkolie: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Enyeama deserves it.

This guy is clearly one of the best goalkeepers in the world. As a Nigerian, I'm obviously biased but his record and performance speaks for itself

I am sad with all the problems with Oliseh. I know Oliseh wants to instill discipline in the team etc but he has to be make room for situations like the death of ones parent rather than just create unnecessary tension in the team.

Oliseh is a legend, he was a good footballer and I think he will be a good coach but he has to be more emotionally mature.

Left to me, Enyeama wins. In a lot of situations, he has singlehandedly saved Nigeria from disgrace and same with his club.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by CR77(f): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Enyeama is d man

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by omusiliyu(m): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
There suppose to be worst player Award too... So that it will trigger the players shortlisted in such category to improve the following season...

I nominate Mikeli

19 Likes

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by Babangida70(m): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Issorite...... make I piss first....

They deserve it

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by MsZeezah: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Musa got shortlisted too? shocked

1 Like

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by free2ryhme: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
grin
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by AfroKnight: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Yaya Toure has the upperhand. Where are those bigots hating on our Captain Musa cos of his origin? You keep hating, he keeps progressing.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by free2ryhme: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Pause
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by hardywaltz(m): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Congrats ....
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by Psalmmie001(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
Storeburn:
They always get shortlisted but winning it is the problem
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by Jarus(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
Neither of them can win it. Musa was 8th in Africa last year, not sure he can make Top 10 this time around.

I'm surprised Obafemi Martins didn't make this 37 man first list. The guy has been in blistering form in MLS since last season scoring 17 goals last season and about 14 already this term.

Shows CAF Technical committee members only watch European leagues

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by damton(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
Enyeama deserves it
How.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
Enyeama o

1 Like

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by babyfaceafrica: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
None will win it...at least for naw!!
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by Sicozone(m): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
aii
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by ikbnice(m): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
hoping to see one of them win the award.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by RexTramadol1: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
Lyk gals say

U jez dey c am, u no fit touch am
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by jhydebaba(m): 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
Both of them wont even smell top 10.

SMH for naija futbol.
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by PissedOffWeed(m): 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
Them go "dump person unclad again oh".....but Enyema deserves it...
grin
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by moneybag100: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
Who all know who owns it again..no one but YAHYAH TOURE.
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by colossus2: 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
loupahmed252:

Stop spamming all threads with this stuff. Its becoming stale.

12 Likes

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by Afritop(m): 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
MsZeezah:
Musa got shortlisted too? shocked
AS OF NOW, MUSA IS STILL OUR BEST PLAYER FOR NOW. INFACT HE IS THE ONLY STRIKER WE HAVE

5 Likes

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by eDoctorr(m): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
WISH ENYEAMA WELL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by nerodenero: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
Sentiments aside, no Nigerian deserves it for now.
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by ShakurM(m): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
I feel happy, I feel fulfilled, I never experected it grin
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by eDoctorr(m): 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
U ARE TALKING THROUGH UR ANUS... MUSA UR BEST PLZ NOT OURS

Afritop:
MUSA IS STILL OUR BEST PLAYER FOR NOW
Re: Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award by EbukaLive(m): 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ahmed Musa is Nigeria's best player in Europe right now... Quote at your own peril...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Kinds Of People You Will Meet At A Nigerian Football Field / 2021 AFCON: Omeruo Trains Separately As Super Eagles Begin Preparation For Sudan / France Vs Belgium: We’ll Show Thiery Henry He Picked Wrong Side - Giroud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.