Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Osun Election: Lagbaja Shuns Concert, Calls Omisore A Muderer - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Osun Election: Lagbaja Shuns Concert, Calls Omisore A Muderer (455 Views)

P-square Ft Lagbaja - Unlimited [download] / Lagbaja Back With New Album / 'Never Far Away' By Lagbaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Election: Lagbaja Shuns Concert, Calls Omisore A Muderer by cbrass(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
The Koko Below crooner had reportedly been approached
to thrill supporters of Senator Iyiola Omisore, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the August 9 governorship election in Osun State.
However, the award-winning act, who would not want to
sell his conscience for a pot of porridge, stoutly declined
the offer. For a man who is seen as a social commentator of sorts, especially considering the oeuvre of his music, he was said to have rejected the offer purely on moral
grounds. In a very biting and soul-searching piece, he
said: “Though the court of the land discharged and
acquitted you (Omisore) in the murder case against the
former Minister of Justice in Nigeria, the late Cicero of Esa-
Oke and foremost nationalist, Chief Bola Ige, I have deep-
rooted innermost conviction that you are culpable in the
death of my mentor and benefactor. If you offer me all the
allocation of Osun State during your four-year-tenure
peradventure you win (which I seriously doubt), I will not
perform for Iyiola Omisore governorship election.”
Since the news went viral, there have been strong
reactions from his fans saluting what some described as his daring stance, unlike some other artistes who would
prioritise pecuniary motive over any other consideration.

Source: the nation
Re: Osun Election: Lagbaja Shuns Concert, Calls Omisore A Muderer by cbrass(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ride on bro, honestly pdp really insulted the Ijesha and other peoples of Osun for fielding a criminal in the person of omisebi...opps sorry omisere as its flag bearer
Re: Osun Election: Lagbaja Shuns Concert, Calls Omisore A Muderer by Aygem(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2014
God will never allow omisore become the governor of my dear state. Lagbaja was bold and daring enough to reeject that offer. Aregbesola all the way!
Re: Osun Election: Lagbaja Shuns Concert, Calls Omisore A Muderer by cbrass(m): 9:02am On Jul 29, 2014
Aygem: God will never allow omisore become the governor of my dear state. Lagbaja was bold and daring enough to reeject that offer. Aregbesola all the way!

Lagbaja tried o, the money they will want to give him will be good but he rejected it, those are kind of people we want in this country

(1) (Reply)

Inqq-jalahbiyah Ft Thasuspect / Bloggers Only! / What Will You Do If This Happens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.