Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,717 members, 7,955,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:58 PM

Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (27894 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre / Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:38am On Jul 29, 2014
neuljosh:
Like if you believe he's just looking for likes..lol
Then what are you looking for.... lol
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by samseen02(m): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2014
odufanabasa: ... now I know HIV is a merciful virus....
Na true my broda
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by samseen02(m): 7:53am On Jul 29, 2014
Nairalanders don't wrry coz God created diz country to b a unique one. We nigerians can't get diz kind of virus coz we already av our own virus since 1960 so why now. Na we be our own Virus so y panicing

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by muelzik(m): 7:53am On Jul 29, 2014
my only fear is the multiplier effect that the liberian man's contacts would cause. One infected person may transmit to ten, ten infected may transmit to a hundred all together. By implication (my imagination), a lot more than 59 people may have been victims already. Now my question, who's next to be diagnosed and confirmed infected.

My fears.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by airclipse(m): 8:14am On Jul 29, 2014
that virus won't spread mark my words,I trust nigerians

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by bidexmat(m): 8:17am On Jul 29, 2014
Cadaver: This is serious. #ButThatsNoneOfMyBusiness
hey stupid, Even wen you ar nat useful for ur gov't, can't u b useful for urself? It will soon b ur f**kin business wen u shake ur hands to hell! U must b very heartless. Prate!!!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Jhayeahsam01(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2014
QUESTION
which one is the most deadly?:
1 Ebola virus
2 Hiv aids
3 Boko haram.
need ur answer, good morin and barka de sallah
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by adeakeem(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2014
Mr sawyer was injected by the management of the hospital in colaboration with lagos state government to advert the spread of the deadly virus......Kudos to lagos state government for quick intervention
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 29, 2014
GentleMimi: The late Ebola victim was wheeled into the hospital straight from the airport on sunday night.
Symptoms could have easily been mistaken for malaria,typhoid or cholera. By monday,Ebola was suspected.By tuesday,Ebola was queried. By wednesday,it was confirmed.
I'll personally applaud the speed with which the hospital staff acted upon to bring about such fast diagnosis. The unrelenting effort of the nurses to keep nursing the patient despite his condition *with PPE ofcourse*. And finally,the Ministry of Health for fast reply action.
May God bless Nigeria.
So far,there has been no report of any staff showing symptoms. Its indeed a miracle. I pray it will remain so till the end of the ''surveillance'' stage.
smiley

Mimi the Scientist, you seem to be privy to loads of info on the situation report. Pls keep us informed.

God bless.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by donodion(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2014
phineas: Am I the only one that saw "100" protective wears? So that will last 2 teams of 5 what? 10 days? Most likely donated too.

Nigeria still doesn't get it,health care isn't cheap.True each costs like 20,000 but prventive measures mean we should have more than enough for the first stages of an outbreak if it ever occurs,because that's the important stage,we shouldn't be hearing there are no more suits,manage or reuse suits,those in healthcare know what I mean.For the population of lagos let real preparations be made,not eye service papper arrangements/propaganda.

The protocol with such outbreaks usuusally is for the poplulace not to take the patients to the hospital but to call the designated centers nos to come pick infected pple in their protective suits,or if they must ,they could take the patients to such designated specially errected centres Ideally.

We don't need an outbreak to establish this protocols or preparations,with real places,people,and realistic figures,also to inform the public on all this.

My point is there is no shortcut to health expenditure,and the time to spend that money,to trully prepare is now.
Homie here are the facts:

1. Thank our stars Lagos state gov at least took immediate action,most that should hve been the effing Feds responsiblities at the point of entry.
2. Feds rarely budge unless theres a possibility of outbreak affect their kith and kin or their key loyalists.They dont care.
3. The Liberian was a top govt official rep from his country.Suspense is that rregard of him been a carrier may not even have occured to those at the point of entry.
4.There are still many travellers with a possible contact coming in through land borders.I bet theres non functional body heat scanners at those port nor a functional mobile response unit.
5.Dont be surprised soon poor funding will affect the efficiency of the present functioning ones.

That country Nigeria is S-I-C-K!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by expert101(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2014
[size=28pt]Lagos is very populated. You can imagine the type of havoc Ebola can cause if one victim enters a populated area like Oshodi or Molue.

Thank God Lagos State is on top of the matter.

No shaking of hands, no inter-course, no hugging...[/size]
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Skmoda360(m): 8:40am On Jul 29, 2014
Nobleval: God help us.
amen ooo
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Skmoda360(m): 8:46am On Jul 29, 2014
onitshaigbo: 90% of those infected with Ebola will die from it, but the 10% who survive will be immune to it for the rest of their lives. This could really gel with the overpopulation problem we have in Nigeria. Imagine Nigeria with only 17 million inhabitants. It would be so rich. We would all be rich like Qataris and Emiratis.
you need to be checked.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by phineas: 8:52am On Jul 29, 2014
Double post,edited.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by phineas: 8:52am On Jul 29, 2014
Personally,I really don't believe the lagos state goverment or Nigeria is on top of any matter till I see a list of fully equipped designated ebola treatment centers in the state and nation.

For lassa fever its all the way in irrua.meaning if anyone gets lassa fever now say in onitsha,and has to be quarantined properly and treated by a proper protected team,u refer to irrua,till then every one gets exposed.

So where are these centers in lagos? Don't just give us nos show us the centers.How many health practitoners are been trained with rapid diagnositic sets if there's any to quickly identify its ebola not malaria?pls bear in mind its not only this man that has travelled into nigeria from liberia and other endemic regions that's probably infected...

Lastly epid teaches when u start seeing presentations in the hospitals,there's deff more with the symp and disease in the community.

I know Nigeria's attitude to epidemics and illnesses first hand,true we have superbly trained and knowledgable teams and plans but political will is ussually zero.so ussually it takes WHO,msf or other foreign agencies to come in with funds using the existing team before we see a real impact.

So we know this is not eye service and propaganda as ussual,I ask where are these quarantine centers in the nation and how equipped are they? How many ebola rapid diagnosis labs /kits have we set up and how many health practitioners are aware where to send this samples? How many protective gears and teams do we have? What's the protocol for the public to follow when we suspect ebola?

Those are the real questions.no propaganda pls.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by GentleMimi: 9:08am On Jul 29, 2014
fijiano202: @gentlemimi i have a question,we are told Ebola is not airborne but does contact with Ebola Victim sweats gets one infected?are the ways to slowdown the growth in a patient? how long does it take the Ebola virus to take is full effect? cos am worried abt the sitting arrangement of people in buses,napep,bikes
Lol! Relax,bro. I have so much confidence that the late Libarian man is the first and last case of Ebola that will ever be heard in Nigeria for now. So far,all medical staff who handled him are not showing any symptom since 20th-25th contact period.
It is not airborne,fact. But it can be trnasmitted via open cuts/abrasions or mucus membranes e.g mouth. Though research has not determined the mode of contraction in totality. So if u've got a skin opening and get in contact with an infected sweat,yes u can contract ebola
The time duration is a maximum of 21 days. If after this and u have no symptom,then u are declared free..
Showing sypmtoms depends on the immune system. Some start showing as late as seven days,others as early as 48hrs. It usually begins with high fever,aches,weakness,nausea. The disease progresses with speed.
It is treated ''symptomatically'. The virus has no cure,but it can be prevented from spreading.
If the patient survives after 21 days without organ complications,he builds up immunity to the virus and he's home FREE!

@ dozzybaba,sure thing. Bless u too.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Grace2love: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2014
Otunbakay: I cover this land (Nigeria) with the blood of Jesus.
Every EBOLA VIRUS die by fire on arrival in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

Our land is GREEN! Ebola shall not wither it.

My brother I agree with you.
Sickness and diseases were killing the Egyptians, but the Children of God were secured. When Ebola Virus see the blood of Jesus on us, it will pass us over in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Grace2love: 9:15am On Jul 29, 2014

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Grace2love: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2014

My brother I agree with you.
Sickness and diseases were killing the Egyptians, but the Children of God were secured. When Ebola Virus see the blood of Jesus on us, it will pass us over in Jesus name.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by laprince(m): 9:19am On Jul 29, 2014
neuljosh:
Like if you believe he's just looking for likes..lol

I just dey laff.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by ayobase(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2014
Oklander: Ebola: Lagos Govt identifies 59 contacts with
dead Liberian victim “The airline manifest has not been provided by the airline as at the time of this report and therefore, the precise number of passenger contacts is yet to be ascertained, especially as two flights were involved (Monrovia-Lome and Lome-Lagos).”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/ebola-lagos-govt-identifies-59-contacts-dead-liberian-victim/#sthash.zHK81ea9.dpuf

This is serious...

what I asked the government to do.
keep an eye on them
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Munalove(m): 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
airclipse: that virus won't spread mark my words,I trust nigerians
tanks 4 hope.guz take example and preach hope instead of fear
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by inuyasha01(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2014
onitshaigbo: 90% of those infected with Ebola will die from it, but the 10% who survive will be immune to it for the rest of their lives. This could really gel with the overpopulation problem we have in Nigeria. Imagine Nigeria with only 17 million inhabitants. It would be so rich. We would all be rich like Qataris and Emiratis.
You must be high on 'poverty' to think like this.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by inuyasha01(m): 9:55am On Jul 29, 2014
vicardino: Emmanuel Ekpo wrote:
Several years ago, Ebola virus erupted in Africa, killing thousands without restrain or cure. The medical world was perplexed. A great man of God by the name John G Lake came to the rescue. Laying hands on infected people who were not to be touched. The slightest contact with any secretion from an infected person is all it takes for transmission. But with bare hands, cleaning secretion and curing every victim, John G Lake along with his Holy Ghost filled team, brought to an abrupt end the spread of the deadly virus. When asked by the medical world how he did it. He had this to say: I have the life of God in me, every virus that comes in contact with me dies. He asked them to get an innoculum from an infected person, observe same under a microscope to ascertain viral activities in it. They did and confirmed living and multiplying virus. He then asked them to put the innoculum on his palm and observe under the microscope. This time there were no more activities. ALL WERE DEAD upon contact with him. What a life! Every child of God has this life! He that has the Son has this life! That higher life that put out Ebola in the days of John G Lake will do the same through you in your day! At the Name of Jesus, Ebola will bow out! Stop the fear! Let this message of hope and faith go viral and the Ebola viral spread will stop! Don't disdain the ever living words of Jesus: And these signs shall follow them that believe, in my Name, they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing (Ebola virus included) it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hand on the sick (those already infected) and they shall recover - Mark 16:15-18.
John G Lake and team are long gone! But I am here, you are here! We can save our world!
We have the life of God in us!
Spread the faith!
Stop the fear!
Spread the life!
Stop the death!
Yes you can!
The world belongs to you!
Cause you belong to Jesus!
Halleluyah❕Morning
Tell me you are basketmouth's brother. 'Man of God' no dey catch ebola?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by myspnigeria: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2014
i pray it doesnt breakout in 9ja
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2014
Smartini: This man should have been given a first-class ticket to Sambisa to go ravage those beasts with this virus! #ReleaseEbolaIntoSambisa!
And risk boko boys bringing it back to town?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by skyface00(m): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2014
FG should give all their support 2 Lagos state Govt on dis issue...just 2 contain dis deadly virus within lagos and curb it, we need Dr at all d parkz in lagos before ppl start porting 2 different state oooooo..before leaving Lagos they should be check and clear...d speed this virus spread its a big concern 2 anybody 2 value human lives....Good job 2 lagos state Govt
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by ogaju007(m): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2014

Why not go and cover Liberia too with the Blood of jesus abi u no like those people too? ppscchheewww
Re: Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim by foodandhampers: 10:56am On Jul 29, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Immanuel General Hospital, Eket Commissioned In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / 5 Signs Your Body Is Overstressed / Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.