Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript (2498 Views)

State Of Osun To Send 50 Graduates To Germany / Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc / University Of Ado Ekiti Part Time Students Bribe University With Cars. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by Hugger: 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2008
I am not even sure what to do again.
I attended Unilag many years ago and graduated from the dept of Indutrial Relations & Pers Mgt. Recently, my employers wanted to part-fund a Masters degree for me and I had to get my transcript from Unilag. My employers waived the transcript issue when I was employed but when the University requested my trancript, it became an issue again.

I applied to Unilag for the trascript and paid what they stated that I should pay at the bank into their account. I sent them copies of the teller and till date Unilag did not send my transcript. When I called, it was clear that they would not do anything till I send them a bribe. I am completely against bribing people to do their jobs although I dont mind giving gifts to people in appreciation for help rendered to me.

the academic session has already commenced and the Unilag registry has refused to send the requested transcript in spite of the fact that they know that this can affect my personal progress in life.

can anyone advise what to do please?
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by JustGood(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2008
I suffered the same fate from the same Unilag registry.

That's why it's funny when Nigerians complain about the state of the nation. Alomost every Nigerian contributes his/her own quota to the destruction of the fibre of Nigeria. Most of them are engaged in corruption and bribery and they blacme government officials for corruption.

I hope God helps you in your endeavour to get yourself some further education. Those animals in unilag registry dont care about destroying anyone's life in their greed to make a few hundreds of naira
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by inquisitiv: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2008
THIS IS ONE REASON I CRY OUT LOUD, ITS TIME FOR THE REVOLUTION

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-183816.0.html
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by JustGood(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2008
Someone needs to call the dogs in Unilag registry to order about this kind of behaviour. They are a disgrace to the Unilag that I attended several years ago
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by kiwi992(m): 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2008
Hi All,

That's most disgraceful.

We must endeavour to put a stop to this type of conduct in Nigeria.  Please name and shame those people involved, in this forum and similar.  I think there's a Forum at ThisDay (and similar), not quite sure but this is the way forward for our country.  Direct action.  Everybody join in, please. 

Give us their e-mail address here so that we would all mass e-mail the department and shame them.

Yes, the peaceful revolution to change Nigeria has started right here in Nairaland.  Enough is enough and the talking shop is over.

Direct action my people, direct action.  This is what works globally.  Please read the relevant thread by the man with foresight called Inquisitive.

kiwi992.
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by 2Legit: 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2008
Idiots are now in abundance in Uliversity of Lagos.
Bribery in a university is a strong indictment against our nation
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by Hugger: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2008
I have been in contact with the registry and it's one escuse or the other. This morning, the lady told me to call back again tomorrow saying that the transcript should be with the typist. She actually told me that, in Nigeria, people are not motivated enough and that is why the thing is so slow - is this a suggestion that a should help with the motivation? It's been several weeks over and above what they said is the normal time of getting the transcript back.
My boss and HR dept spoke to me about it and they are shocked that a University in Nigeria is so ridden with malpractice and inefficiency. I am actually become ashamed about the situation now.
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by amor4ce(m): 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2008
@poster
u should thank God,
i graduated in 2005, had cause to request for transcripts sometime in 2006. this was not my first time. however one day i was told that my file was missing. when another officer there heard about it he advised me to "fast and pray." i informed y ex-lecturers including the HOD. one of them, a senior prof, now retired told me to write a letter to the head of academic affairs. pronto, those guys were queried and within like 2 days it was found. i was told it was among the files of 1997 graduands.i dont know how true that is. just go to the Senate House with ur leta. academic affairs should be located on the 5th floor. u'll drop ur leta with one of the secretaries,it would be registered,perhaps the ffg day or d day afta u can check back to see proof that it has been minuted upon.
u just need to have d right info, knowledge is power.
may the Good Lord be with u
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by JustGood(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2008
This will probably never be solved until someone is "settled" at the Unilag registry. No wonder they dont progress
Re: Unilag Registry Expecting A Bribe To Send Trancript by JaaizTech: 6:55am On Oct 22, 2014
This is 6 years after; and the story is still the same. Now I am looking for an agent or someone to bribe so that I can get my transcript sent.

(1) (Reply)

2014/2015 Rivers State Polytechnic Bori Matriculation / Download [PDF] Post UTME Past Questions And Answers For All Schools / 4 Hours After Payment On JAMB Portal, I Still Can't Get My Pin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.