Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test (30197 Views)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach / Mikel & Oduamadi Picked For FIFA Doping Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by akintun: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nawa oooooo. Taking drugs 4 commonwealth games, and she is 16yrs 4 christ sake. She most likely used it to reduce weight. Nigeria has to be careful with regards to others testing positive in a one year period becos it might affect their Olympic chances.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by bankyblue(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
tbaba1234:

What does this have to do with the age?

@16 do u ve the mind to Concede durg? Expect u belong to the supporter of APC republic

So it as everything to do with it. because she is 36. wink grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
500GP: IBO TOP WAEC LIST - MIRACLE CENTRES (486 CENTRES CANCELLED )

IBO TOP SPORT - USING OF DRUGS(COCAINE, INDIAN HEMP )

#IBO ALWAYS FIND SHORTCUT TO SUCESS IN CROOK WAY
Yeaa the same way Damola Osayomi failed a drug test after winning gold in the 100m @ the Delhi games in 2000 and was stripped of her medal. Where is Damola from abeg?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by chibwike(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
maybe its from ha village..dem follow am enta commonweath

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by tbaba1234: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
bankyblue:

@16 do u ve the mind to Concede durg? Expect u belong to the supporter of APC republic

She has coaches and advisers who gave her the substances.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sloan: Cheating only happens under this PDP and Jonathan government that has refused to inspire Nigerians in a honest way and not think the whole world is as foolish as they are! Why on earth will she even do something like this for goodness sakes!!?? Nigerians are used to giving any excuse but if she fails the second test, she's screwed and has screwed over the whole country disgracefully! Why think you are smarter than the rest? At 16, you've got your whole life ahead of you, better than a lot of other people of your age, why cheat? Sadly, some Nigerians will be giving excuses on her behalf, but it is a shame she has taken the Nigerian already damaged brand deeper into the stenchy abyss again!!! angry angry
I guess PDP also rules in Jamaica where Asafa Powell, Yohan Blake, Veronica Campbell-Brown etc have failed drug test. I guess PDP is also in power in the US where Tyson Gay, Justin Gatlin, Marion Jones etc have failed drug test. I also guess even in the UK where Dwain Chambers failed a drug test PDP rules. Pls remind me the party in charge in Australia where Sally Pearson failed a drug test. I hope you know who these guys are?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by IGBOSON1: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
teeo:

Do you mind,
I don't give a sh.it about where you come from tribalist bigot

^^^Yes!....I mind idiat!! Don't give a sh.it where i come from indeed!
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
APContherun:
I guess PDP also rules in Jamaica where Asafa Powell, Yohan Blake, Veronica Campbell-Brown etc have failed drug test. I guess PDP is also in power in the US where Tyson Gay, Justin Gatlin, Marion Jones etc have failed drug test. I also guess even in the UK where Dwain Chambers failed a drug test PDP rules. Pls remind me the party in charge in Australia where Sally Pearson failed a drug test. I hope you know who these guys are?
You dey mind am? Some people just make ignorant comments on this forum

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by akandea(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
denniece1: Nigerian 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha, who won gold medal at #Glasgow2014, provisionally suspended after failing drugs test.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/494060142921781248?p=v

Not a good news, its trending on twitter
Very sad! This will really affect her career at such tender age
I found her coaches culpable and must not be allowed to go scot free, what does a 16yrs old girl knows about rules and regulations of Athletics

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Walphem(m): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Never knew diuretics are part of the banned substances. ..she could ve seen it has a lesser 'drug' since it's not a typical performance enhancer drug like the amphetamines

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by customized07: 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
odinma1: What a pity, Chika's mother is from my local government in Awka.

Can this be true?

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool
atrophy of the pen1s and scrotum will befall you the moment you stop being igbo grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by chibwike(m): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sloan: Cheating only happens under this PDP and Jonathan government that has refused to inspire Nigerians in a honest way and not think the whole world is as foolish as they are! Why on earth will she even do something like this for goodness sakes!!?? Nigerians are used to giving any excuse but if she fails the second test, she's screwed and has screwed over the whole country disgracefully! Why think you are smarter than the rest? At 16, you've got your whole life ahead of you, better than a lot of other people of your age, why cheat? Sadly, some Nigerians will be giving excuses on her behalf, but it is a shame she has taken the Nigerian already damaged brand deeper into the stenchy abyss again!!! angry angry
the bolded wasn't needed...it spoilt your nice write-up.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by zolajpower: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
TOPCRUISE: How could that have happened. Could it be the drug she took failed to digest on time prior to the incident
let see the outcome of d B sample,if truly D first sample was a phoney. I pray it dosn't happen2 her.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
doctokwus: Just what d country doesn't need.Now if confirmed,dis her act wud cast a dark cloud on those other athletes who genuinely worked hard for their own medals.

It is not only Nigerian athletes who failed drug Test. British American Jamaican do fail as well. A Welsh man also failed last week
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Princepioneer(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Why was she not tested before the competition? Now she has won GOLD, they now remember to test her, Oyinbo and their hate for any good thing by Nigerians, there is God ooo. That was how they fought hard to eliminate all African teams at the world cup, na wa oo
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ichidodo and cohorts where are you to resume your chest beating as usual?

Anyway, I hope it is just a false alarm else Nigeria will be a laughing stock again.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by dohyn(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
This is sad and equally stupid at the same time..This reflects badly on the entire Nigerian contingent..I just watched a clip of segun toriola's 41rally in table tennis in this games and I felt so proud,only to come here and see this..
There's no excuse for this..You don't as an athelete at this level,take or eat anything anyhow.The coaches know the list of banned foods or drugs even if the athlete claims not to know it.They will now say she used cough syrup or some rubbish like they don't know better.
Sadly,I heard Maurice Green is part our coaching crew for tracks..Let's just keep for fingers crossed in tracks. Hope she learns her lesson.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by myspnigeria: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
So sad mehn
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Keemy88(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
denniece1: Nigerian 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha, who won gold medal at #Glasgow2014, provisionally suspended after failing drugs test.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/494060142921781248?p=v

Not a good news, its trending on twitter

oyinbo people dey vex say 9ja win gold. they are very foolish for taking her through the drug test. this could be a planned attempt to disgrace her by issuing false drug results and stripping her off her hard earned gold medal.

I don't believe she used drugs ooo.

didn't they carry out doping test on all athletes before the competition? why suspending her when she has made glory for naija. Gold will vindicate her tomorrow in Jesus Name, amen.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Irritant: 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ajegunle(AJ) 8years dem don dey Ganja ,9 yrs don dey mayan Kparaga,.....naim una dey tell me say she too young for drugs......Chika U broke our hearts....thought u were different for the young girl in my Corner....Chai angry
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by JEITO: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Any banned substance in sport is referred to as 'drug' it doesn't have to be marijuana or coke.

Blame her coaches and nutritionist For not properly scrutinising her diet.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by pek(m): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
If you believe she is 16, you will believe anything!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by alVinHustle: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
Mayb she only took agbo or alomo bitters, these substances can manifest in one's blood as dope o! Abeg make them check well.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by alVinHustle: 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Don't understand, I types "dope" but nairaland converts it to "drugs".
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by soulglo: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
It could simply something she ate or drank. Some of our foods can screw up a test.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Greyworld: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
wen d whytes win no body tests no body but wen we manage 1 dem go carry test com collect d small medal... Oyinbo greedy sha

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Abeos(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bad news embarassed
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by toprealman: 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Lol
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by lilbabyak(m): 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
barcanista: Ahhhh This Will Be epic!!!

First Chioma Ajunwa
Now This Chika Amalaha.

How did she get the drugs? angry angry angry
igbos and drug. .. I was just thinking loud
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by pazienza(m): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
That's too bad of her. Sometimes these athletes are not even aware of taking these banned drugs, they just do what their trainers instruct, most of them are innocent, it's usually their trainers and handlers that put them into this situation.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by englishmart(m): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
I don't have a problem with the suspension. But, I have a problem with her age.
Chika Amalaha I know is 26 not 16.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by pazienza(m): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
barcanista: Ahhhh This Will Be epic!!!

First Chioma Ajunwa
Now This Chika Amalaha.

How did she get the drugs? angry angry angry

Yoloba man, Chioma never tested positive for banned substance at Atlanta 1996. She would have been stripped of her gold medal, if she did, but she retains her gold medal till now, cos she tested negative. She failed a doping test in 1992, and was banned for 4years, even though she maintained that she was innocent, she came back in 1996 to win a gold medal and tested negative. Stop hating on your superiors.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Silva To Be Immortalised With Statue Outside Etihad Stadium / Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons / Nigerians Storm Super Eagles Camp In Cario, Egypt Ahead Of AFCON 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.