Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals (3372 Views)

CFA Candidates In The House / Human Resource Professionals: / Free Materials For CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, BCP, DRP, and CBCP Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
The CISA designation is a globally recognized certification for IS audit control, assurance and security professionals. Being CISA-certified showcases your audit experience, skills and knowledge, and demonstrates you are capable to manage vulnerabilities, ensure compliance and institute controls within the enterprise.

Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Enterprises demand IS audit professionals that possess the knowledge and expertise to help them identify critical issues and customize practices to support trust in and value from information systems.

The skills and practices that CISA promotes and evaluates are the building blocks of success in the field. Possessing the CISA demonstrates proficiency and is the basis for measurement in the profession
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
CISA Certification:
Confirms your knowledge and experience
Quantifies and markets your expertise
Demonstrates that you have gained and maintained the level of knowledge required to meet the dynamic challenges of a modern enterprise
Is globally recognized as the mark of excellence for the IS audit professional
Combines the achievement of passing a comprehensive exam with recognition of work and educational experience, providing you with credibility in the marketplace.
Increases your value to your organization
Gives you a competitive advantage over peers when seeking job growth
Helps you achieve a high professional standard through ISACA’s requirements for continuing education and ethical conduct
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Are you writing the CISA Certification examination in September or December 2014 and you are having issues in any area from DOMAIN 1 to DOMAIN 5?
Lets discuss it here.
I am a CISA currently working as an IS Auditor in an organization in Nigeria.I am also a Certified Ethical Hacker(CEH)
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
WHY CANDIDATES FAIL THE CISA EXAMINATION
*Lack of IS Audit Experience
*Inadequate Preparation
*More than one correct answer in the options
*Bad Time Management
*Half-baked Tutorial Centres
*Attempting the exam without enough practice with the question and answer software /booklet
*IT professionals thinking they are writing CCNA or OCA without switching to audit mode
*Non-IT professionals not "hardening"themselves enough with IT exposure
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by sCross: 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
divinepen: Are you writing the CISA Certification examination in September or December 2014 and you are having issues in any area from DOMAIN 1 to DOMAIN 5?
Lets discuss it here.
I am a CISA currently working as an IS Auditor in an organization in Nigeria.I am also a Certified Ethical Hacker(CEH)

Nice. Just sent you a mail.
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 01, 2014
do i really need up to 5 years experience before i can take the exam?

also, is it necessary to have a B.Sc first?
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 02, 2014
The answer to both questions is NO
You can write with zero years experience.However,you are expected to get the required experience within five years after passing the examination.

The experience requirement can be broken down like this:
a)No BSc degree but with five years experience before writing the examination
b)No BSc degree + passing the exam= five years experience after passing the exam
c)BSc degree= Waiver of two years out of the five years experience requirement
d)MSc degree in a recognized school:one year waiver out of the five years experience requirement
e) Financial Audit Experience: Maximum of one year waiver out of the five years experience
Hope you find the explanation helpful

1 Like

Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by rajiade: 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
Would be taking the exam in December by his grace.
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
@rajiade,I wish you best of luck.
*Try and read the manual through at least two times(I did three)
*Attend a good tutorial centre(I attended AJ Silicon Consults,Ikeja)
*Practice 100% of the test questions and answers (pay a lot of attention to the notes at the end of each questions)
*Hang out with IT gurus and learn practicals from them
*Visit your datacenter on excursion if you are working
*Subscribe to the ISACA Journal
*Understand the OSI and TCP/IP Models(You may not pass if you don't)
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
Passing the CISA Examination does not fully prepare you for the challenges of IS Auditing.After passing the exam,you need to carefully pick an area of specialization in any of the wide fields in IT such as Networking,Software,Database etc.
This means to really stand out,you need to couple your CISA certification with training and certifications such as CCNA,CCNP, CCIE,OCA,OCP,OCM,CIW,MCSD etc.
A CISA with associated IT certifications will have an edge in an ever-competitive IT Audit world
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Serpil: 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Passed the ISACA's CISA Certification Exam and here are some advices that helped me pass the exam. Try to learn from any video course provider for CISA. Personally I did use CBT Nuggets. They are good and short. You can complete their Video Course for 12 hours. I did run the video course for 4 weekends in a month.

Additionally you should practice with the Exam Prep's there are a lot and pretty much all are the same. Personally I did use an app from app store called CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor - Exam Prep. It is very convenient and practical to have the practice exam in your hands at all time "I was literally practicing even when I went to the toilet" the benefits of technology.

You should be able to pass after all of this. I hope this was helpful enough.

Serpil

1 Like

Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
What of job prospects. Everyone makes it sound like as soon as you have the certificate, a job is waiting at your doorstep. I'd like you know how easy it was getting a good offer
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by chukie2million(m): 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Serpil: Passed the ISACA's CISA Certification Exam and here are some advices that helped me pass the exam. Try to learn from any video course provider for CISA. Personally I did use CBT Nuggets. They are good and short. You can complete their Video Course for 12 hours. I did run the video course for 4 weekends in a month.

Additionally you should practice with the Exam Prep's there are a lot and pretty much all are the same. Personally I did use an app from app store called CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor - Exam Prep. It is very convenient and practical to have the practice exam in your hands at all time "I was literally practicing even when I went to the toilet" the benefits of technology.

You should be able to pass after all of this. I hope this was helpful enough.

Serpil

Pls,
Can I pass the exams with video tutorials or I need to pay for tutorial class..... thanks
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Rawdeal: What of job prospects. Everyone makes it sound like as soon as you have the certificate, a job is waiting at your doorstep. I'd like you know how easy it was getting a good offer

The CISA certification is an International certification.Passing the exam places you on a global pedestal for recruiters.ISACA(the body setting the exam has a career page on its website).All Banks in Nigeria has an IS Audit Department and believe it or not,the cashless policy of the CBN is going to open up a lot of opportunities for IS Auditors

1 Like

Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
chukie2million:

Pls,
Can I pass the exams with video tutorials or I need to pay for tutorial class..... thanks

You need to understand what works for you.If you do not have a strong technical background,I will advise you go for a tutorial class but it all depends on what you think suits you best.
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by rajiade: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
is anyone taking the exams this September or December?
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
Me, December. not paid yet but I'll pay before 20th
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Wishing all the September CISA candidates best of luck.
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by pioneer: 11:38am On Sep 10, 2014
For your CISA/ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by YoungDenzel(m): 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
Please How much does it cost to register and what's the structure of the exam like
Re: Thread For CISA Candidates And IS Audit Professionals by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
YoungDenzel:
Please How much does it cost to register and what's the structure of the exam like
The exam costs $575 while ISACA membership registration costs $180.
You can call me on 08033587126 for more information

(1) (Reply)

55 Notable Facts About Life And Business From The Mafia Manager / Fake Interview? / Future Career Prospect(s) In International Relations/diplomacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.