Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,550 members, 7,770,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:32 AM

Why Do My Breasts Feel Swollen And Bigger Before My Period? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do My Breasts Feel Swollen And Bigger Before My Period? (1207 Views)

Lipstick Left Woman With Swollen Lips - Lady Claims (Graphic Photos) / 10 Surprising Facts About Breasts You May Have Missed / Why Do My Breasts Feel Swollen And Bigger Before My Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do My Breasts Feel Swollen And Bigger Before My Period? by sofadj(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nearly every woman experiences soreness and swelling of their breasts before menstrual flow to some degree. While in some women it may be mild, in others it may be significant enough to limit their effective function.

Few days before your menstrual flow your breast tissue may have a dense, rough feeling to the fingers when touched especially in the outer margin and the pain may increase when touched. There may be a feeling of fullness of the breast with pain.breast-soreness-healthlineafrica

While there are many possible causes for this pre-menstrual breast tenderness, it is usually normal in most women, however this is not to say it can not be controlled.

Premenstrual swelling and tenderness of the breasts is commonly associated with Pre-Menstrual Syndrome and Fibrocysytic breast disease.

Click here to take a look briefly at the female menstrual cycle.

REMEDIES
1. Food

Avoid caffeine ( coffee, and chocolate)
Reduce salt intake 1- 2 weeks before period starts
Eat a lower fat diet, vegetables and fruit should be eaten more

2. Exercise

Ensure regular exercise

3. Drugs : Some medications such as birth control pills may be prescribed by your doctor to help reduce symptoms

4. Wear a well fitting bra day and night to provide good support

NB: You should perform a breast self-examination every month looking out for any strange lump or odd appearance

Contact your doctor if diet changes and exercise do not improve your soreness.

source : www.healthlineafrrica.com

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wondered Why Your Pee Is Yellow / What Your Blood Type Says About You / Open Now @ Festac Vima Eye Clinic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.