Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:32 PM

10 Reasons Why You Should Use Condoms - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Reasons Why You Should Use Condoms (1235 Views)

HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels / The Facts About Condoms / Ebola: Male Survivors Warned To Use Condoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Use Condoms by lomaxx: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2014
Let me first start off by saying that if you are reading this then you probably feel the need to have someone tell you why you should use condoms. I won’t say wear a condom because to me that leaves the impression that this article is strictly about men. Women are equally responsible when it come to condom use!

I am not writing this article because I have some new statistics or advice. This is simply an article to stress the fact of the importance of protecting yourself. I mean, you only have one life to live right? So why live your life in fear, not knowing whether your one night of passion could possibly turn into a life full of hurt, anger and pain? Things do happen, and a condom may not protect you from every single thing out there. My point in all of this is that at the end of the day, you should be able to look back and say you’ve done all you could to protect yourself. Below I’ve gathered a list of reasons you should at least consider using condoms!

1. Prevent STDs.

Most people with a sexually transmitted disease don’t even know they have one. So, how can you be sure? Protect yourself against, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and HPV (this list is just a few of the diseases out there).

2. Prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Condoms may not be 100% affective in preventing pregnancies but the reality is that no one method of contraceptive is 100% unless you remain abstinent. Use condoms to minimize your chances of unwanted pregnancies.

3. Shows maturity.

Taking care of your sexual health speaks volumes, and can be seen as being responsible.

4. You are not married.

This is not to offend anyone, or say that marriage means you are safe. Chances are that if you aren’t married, your partner may not be with you a year of two from now. Having multiple partners, doubles you risk!

5. They’re cool.

Condoms now come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They have different lubrications that enhance sensation, such as Trojan’s new Fire & Ice. You can even order condoms in bulk online for convenience.

6. Less stress.

Provide a sense of security knowing that you are reducing the chances of STDs and pregnancy. Always keep in mind that this is not 100%. You and your partner still have the responsibility of getting tested regularly.

7. Could save your life.

AIDS caused by HIV is a disease that progressively attacks the immune system. Sadly there is no cure for this disease. Many people die from AIDS each year. There are several ways to contract the virus, but for the topic at hand, condoms can be effective at preventing the spread of this disease.

8. You have multiple partners!

Let’s face it, not everyone is monogamous. Many people actually believe that if they have been with a person for some time that it’s okay to not use condoms as long as they protect themselves when they’re with other people. Absolutely wrong! You should always use condoms.

9. You and your partner haven’t been tested.

If you and your partner don’t know your status, then condoms are a must. Honestly you should want to know before you become sexually involved, but more often than not, that isn’t the case.

10. You can’t tell by looking at someone whether or not they are disease free.

The most beautiful woman in the world and the most handsome man can both be carrying a deadly secret. Be careful!

Condoms are Everywhere. The great thing in today’s society is that you can pretty much buy condoms anywhere. Gas stations, drug stores, convenient stores and even online you will find a large selection of your favorite brand of condoms. There are flavored condoms, condoms for enhanced sensation, XL condoms; I mean the list goes on. You can even get frees sample of a particular condom before you decide to purchase a large quantity. Another good thing, for those of you on a budget, is that you can get them for free at your local health department. So really there is no excuse, unless you and your partner are actually trying to get pregnant, are monogamous and have both been tested.

http://s-jordan.hubpages.com/hub/10-Reasons-You-Should-Be-Using-Condoms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Use Condoms by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2014
Interesting
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Use Condoms by Youngpo413: 12:27am On Dec 19, 2014
Interesting
ladies hates condoms

(1) (Reply)

Can This Be Menopause At 30 Years? / How To Treat Whitlow / Igbo Professor Produced Antivirt, Anti Viral Drug Cure Aids In Just 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.