Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Being A Doctor Is More Dangerous Than Being A Soldier! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Being A Doctor Is More Dangerous Than Being A Soldier! (802 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / When Doctor Asks You "Are You Sexually Active?" In Front Of Your Mum / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being A Doctor Is More Dangerous Than Being A Soldier! by Chimex388: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
Considering the recent happenings in the world of today, taking the current situations in Nigeria(boko haram menace) n Africa(Ebola Epidemic) as a point of contact, would u consider the Nigerian Military personnels especially those at the warfront who come face to face with Death evry day of their life as a more Dangerous situation such as those combating the Boko haram insurgents or Doctors who face Epidemic outbreak of Diseases such as those combating the Dreaded Ebola virus?....

In my own perspective, i believe its the Doctors on epidemic emergencies as they have little or nothing to protect themselves apart from being sterilized n bein well kitted which aint enough as they still have to go close n even come incontact to the infected patient for treatment. Moreover, these diseases mode of transmission are airborne, so no amount of "clothedness" can prevent dis,while some are without CURE! Imagine oneself purposefully exposing urself to something one may not recover from if entangled..such is the case with our Doctors on Epidemic outbreaks In the case of Our dearly beloved soldiers at the war front who may have signed their death warrant before embarking on this also dangerous adventure, they are always armed, inaddition, they operate in groups, lookin out for oneanother in the process...this reduces the supposedly 'perceived danger' to them as they dont seem entirely defenceless like the Doctors(except if excessively outnumbered)
But being a Doctor especially wen it comes to epidemic emergency cases is a more selfless n risk prone venture than a war front soldier....
May God accept the Soul of the top Sierraleone Doctor who contacted the Dreaded Ebola Virus while carrying out a selfless service...May Your Soul Rest in Peace.....AMEN.
Re: Being A Doctor Is More Dangerous Than Being A Soldier! by Mushood: 7:19am On Jul 30, 2014
Chimex388:
May God accept the Soul of the top Sierraleone Doctor who contacted the Dreaded Ebola Virus while carrying out a selfless service...May Your Soul Rest in Peace.....AMEN.
amen, but dey are moreorless d same
Re: Being A Doctor Is More Dangerous Than Being A Soldier! by Chimex388: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mushood: amen, but dey are moreorless d same
well...i thought so too, but i'm giving Doctors the edge as they are more defenceless

(1) (Reply)

Don't Make These 10 Cover Letter mistakes / I Want To Be An Armed Robber-3 Year Old Ghanaian Pupil / Free Ict Training You Can Never Get Anywhere Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.