Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired (14060 Views)

10 Ways To Detect A Scam Recruitment Agency / 4 Signs You’re About To Get Fired & What To Do About It. / 8 Signs It's Time To Change Jobs Before You Get Fired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by johnshagb(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
On FP again. Sign of good things to come
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
alotofgrace:
i wonder what "a good team player" was doing in the cv
I'm a superb team player but right now guilty of alienating my co-worker ...... This program is just eating me up no doubt !

Hmm, today , I'm gonna mend the fences and rebuild the loops !
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by lawyer(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
I have fired staffs in the past for violating these rules:

1. She said she was 26 on her resume and I later found out she was 33. Using football age to apply for a job is a serious no no and I realize many girls are guilty of this trend. Even if you are to use football age, don't let it be so glaring that you are lying.

2. This staff was so rude and pompous to other staff members just because she was very well versed in certain secretarial duties and Microsoft office applications. She refused to teach others and was very arrogant with other staff members. She would blank them for hours and become very unresponsive with other staff members. She would make the office environment very uncomfortable due to her non chalant way of life to care about others. Little did she know that the other staff members couldn't stand her and they all jointly wrote a petition to get her fired and I granted their request so that sanity would reign supreme.

3. Excessive use of the internet at work is also a quick way to get fired. This staff during office hours would browse kayamu and jumia all day to carry out her own business activities of buying and selling online. Couriers would be seen dispatching goods and bringing goods for her but when she was confronted, she lied that it was her personal gifts until I came across one of her dispatch riders who told me she was sending watches and bags to a client in V.I and my office was the designated warehouse and contact address for any customer trying to purchase any good. I now realized immediately the internet subscription finishes, she would disturb me incessantly to renew it using my unfinished jobs as an excuse to get the internet up and running, meanwhile she needed it for her own private business.

4. This particular staff was fired because she was making way too much calls than everyone combined. Every 10 minutes her phone will ring and she would run out of the office to pick the calls. Whether there was a staff meeting, client meeting, on the job etc, once her phones ring she would abandon what she is doing to receive that call. It was quite frustrating and I had to let her go.

These are some of the things that would make a potential employer sack you.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by seagullbabz(m): 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Zedric: 11) messing with oga's daughter

Hehehehe...kinda right, once had a guy in my street who got d regional manager's daughter pregnant...Naso so threaten d girl dey threaten am up until she agreed to get rid of it...
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by myspnigeria: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Lmao at the points
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nice one OP, many thanks. smiley
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by Jarus(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
I don't totally agree. These are not the top reasons employees get fired in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, the top reasons include

1, Fraud and other integrity issues

2, Retrenchment/ hard economic times

3, Underperformance

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by osywhite(m): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
There is nothing wrong sending CV with your office computer, but the thing is; use your personal email, like yahoo, etc. Don't keep your personal files on the computer. Your office IT cannot monitor your personal email, they can only do that on your office email (outlook). Anyway, nice one OP.
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by seagullbabz(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
osywhite: There is nothing wrong sending CV with your office computer, but the thing is; use your personal email, like yahoo, etc. Don't keep your personal files on the computer. Your office IT cannot monitor your personal email, they can only do that on your office email (outlook). Anyway, nice one OP.

Lol...you for use your office email to apply before? and concerning I.T, they can monitor all the sites you visit...since your outlook is your official medium for ur email, opening your yahoo all d time can be a pointer...nwaiz i'm guilty of it too
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by cao(f): 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
Plus in addition to number 6, people have lost their jobs through the use of their social media. I remember seeing facebook fail pic a long time ago. This chic forgot her boss followed her on fb & she called in sick that day. Then, she proceeds to yab her boss on her fb status. The dude left a comment telling her not to bother turning up for work the next day. Some folks even made up a fb page in her honour. https://www.facebook.com/pages/LOL-girl-gets-fired-afta-boss-reads-her-status-D/104137509628742

Don't even try to mess with your Twitter, one dude got arrested 'cause he made a joke threatening the airport for cancelling his flight. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_Joke_Trial
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by DeeChukwu: 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
Taking money that is not yours grin cool
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by Dooa: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
Oh my God! This thread came barely an hour before I got fired
Well, gotta bookmark it for future things
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by nnamdizen(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
The best you can do for yourself is become self employed... Life is too short to remain an employee
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by chuxyz(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
alotofgrace:

i wonder what "a good team player" was doing in the cv
they said we should sell ourselves
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by Opiosko: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Zedric: 11) messing with oga's daughter
This is the one office rule i will always breach. How else can a hapless guy get bact at his over demanding nd insatiable foul mouthed boss than slamming d hell outta his screaming daughter? At least i can laugh at the boss in my own little way.
Re: Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired by SenatorJames(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
Good write up!

11) Lateness.

It work like magic, just try it consecutively.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Knows Anything About Sydani Group. / Please Help Me To Verify This Interview / HSBC Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.