Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) - NYSC (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (126260 Views)

Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here / Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2014
dotchez:
Manny, that woman really want you to work for her, so I'll advice you to talk her. Try to talk to her that you can't be coming everyday that you can make it twice a week,one day for cds, d other 2 days for handwork,jus give her one lie that u r abt learning han work, or u tel her that you can only com the time you have the subject to teach, for instance if u r teaching Eng lang, and it is usually on Monday,tuesday n Wednesay by 11am to 12pm, then you will only com then. Just talk to her cux dis wan she increase d salary ehn she doesn't want to loose you so use that as an advantage dear. Goodluck boo

Thanks sweet. . . She actually wants me to teach them Computer. Since I studied computer Science. I'll contact her today and tell her to hold on...

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by dotchez(f): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Mannylex:

Thanks sweet. . . She actually wants me to teach them Computer. Since I studied computer Science. I'll contact her today and tell her to hold on...

Okay but don't keep her waiting for long o.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by dotchez(f): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2014
Youngmoniii:
Went to baruwa first and directed me to airways
Dey didn't give me time...buh will go around 11am

Abeg the address for Airways? I'll come 11am too, juz watch out for tall,huge girl.lol
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ujbaby4Jesus: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2014
Guys, I was posted to a private skul at mushin nd the place is very far frm my place, will be spending at least 700 (o 800 per day. Just confused. What do u guys suggest I do
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by GoldenHrt2k14(f): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2014
futuredangote:

What's written on ur letter? As in ur PPA
They wrote:
Exe. Chairman
Oshodi Isolo LGA
Oyetayo Str Bolade oshodi lagos.
That my local govt area is in oshodi Isolo, no special duty is specified..... I went there yesterday to submit d ppa letter nd dey asked me to cum bck nxt wik for acceptance letter. My question is, was I suppose to go to alusua b4 goin to submit d ppa letter at oshodi or not? If yes can I still go there today wit the photocopied one?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Youngmoniii(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2014
dotchez:
Abeg the address for Airways? I'll come 11am too, juz watch out for tall,huge girl.lol
:ºi like em tall....grin
Don't realy know d address, u just have to tell d bike to itire LG in airways
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ibullem(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2014
Mannylex:

Lol, maybe I been dey vex at that time because of my posting. . . But u should have holla'd .

Meanwhile I was posted to a primary school( a Muslim school though). The school is really cool but the area is not! from what I saw there is internet and the place is standard... But the pay is low 5k

I asked for rejection, but the woman asked for my number and asked me to go and think about it... Though I have my rejection letter already. I got a text from the woman late at evening that I would be paid 10k. It's in my LGA, but completely different locations. Could spend an average of 500 a day, which to me is fair Getting confused now! What do you guys think? sad

by the way I saw Ellatyra , really cute gurl.

Have no fear; Mannylex is Here

@Mannylex:

1. Is the Environment conducive & comfortable enough?

2. Do u feel u will be able to cope in that organisation for the next 10 months tops?

3. Will the Financial burden be light & reasonable enough to bear?

4. Do you have something better in place should you get a rejection letter?

I think base on your assessment of the school, if you can provide a honest answer to this questions, making your decision will be a lot easier. smiley

That's the much I can do now.

Wish you the best buddy.

wink
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by dotchez(f): 9:21am On Sep 23, 2014
ibullem:

@Mannylex:

2. Do u feel u will be able to cope in that organisation for the next 10 months tops?

I think base on your assessment of the school, if you can provide a honest answer to this questions, making your decision will be a lot easier. smiley

Wish you the best buddy.

wink
Correct! Didn't see you @ all yesterday
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ifeadikanwanne: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2014
ujbaby4Jesus: Guys, I was posted to a private skul at mushin nd the place is very far frm my place, will be spending at least 700 (o 800 per day. Just confused. What do u guys suggest I do

The Best advice you implement is the one you give to yourself.. You know what you want, go to the school first and settle your mind before drawing a conclusion...most schools offer accommodation irrespective of their sector.... Go before social media blinds you dear....but remember if things didn't follow suith for you, just plead to be rejected but then make sure you are ready to enter the street of lagos to job hunt for what you crave. Goodluck comrade!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2014
GoldenHrt2k14:
They wrote:
Exe. Chairman
Oshodi Isolo LGA
Oyetayo Str Bolade oshodi lagos.
That my local govt area is in oshodi Isolo, no special duty is specified..... I went there yesterday to submit d ppa letter nd dey asked me to cum bck nxt wik for acceptance letter. My question is, was I suppose to go to alusua b4 goin to submit d ppa letter at oshodi or not? If yes can I still go there today wit the photocopied one?

Sori dear U have no biz with Alausa. Oshodi Isolo LGA will pay U.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2014
ibullem:

@Mannylex:

Wish you the best buddy.

wink

1. Yes the school environment is very very conducive and comfortable too. Infact it's made in the standard of an office, they have telecoms in almost every office, with a stand by Gen. and internet connectivity

2. With what I saw and after I slept over it, Yes. I will

3. Well after she gave the offer of 10k that's when I started thinking possibly towards that area. At month end, I can save 2k from the salary, and my allowee will remain untouched...

4. This is quite tricky. The major option I had couldn't work out due to NYSC policies, the second option, after thinking about the cost implication on transport, Hmmm

I have called the woman though. I would be going there 2mao

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ibullem(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2014
dotchez:
Correct! Didn't see you @ all yesterday

Yea me too, dint see u all day. Only saw you once during the registration period in camp. Anyway, we'll all still hang out pretty soon smiley
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ibullem(m): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2014
Mannylex:

1. Yes the school environment is very very conducive and comfortable too. Infact it's made in the standard of an office, they have telecoms in almost every office, with a stand by Gen. and internet connectivity

2. With what I saw and after I slept over it, Yes. I will

3. Well after she gave the offer of 10k that's when I started thinking possibly towards that area. At month end, I can save 2k from the salary, and my allowee will remain untouched...

4. This is quite tricky. The major option I had couldn't work out due to NYSC policies, the second option, after thinking about the cost implication on transport, Hmmm

I have called the woman though. I would be going there 2mao

Nice one.
Glad to hear that. From your description, I don't think I personally would turn down such a place.

Am happy for you. grin
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by kriscamdi(m): 11:11am On Sep 23, 2014
ArNyy: ma dear,am job hunting too...rily tired of ds whole tng
To job hia in lag no b small tin oo, anyways, let's see hw it goes.

Vsit my blog oo n comment. D 50th comment gets a price
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by GoldenHrt2k14(f): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
futuredangote:

Sori dear U have no biz with Alausa. Oshodi Isolo LGA will pay U.
Tanx dear
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by MrAnonymous: 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Posted to a public school in Yaba.
Daily TP would be roughly N500
Pay is 5k.
Although they are offering accommodation for corpers, but the environment is not something I would think of considering for my best friend.

I pray to God I find a better option.

Good luck everyone.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
MrAnonymous: Posted to a public school in Yaba.
Daily TP would be roughly N500
Pay is 5k.
Although they are offering accommodation for corpers, but the environment is not something I would think of considering for my best friend.
I pray to God I find a better option.
Good luck everyone.

Let's even assume say u go 15days only out of 30days in a month.That will amount to 7-8k in a month. Who will balance who?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
GoldenHrt2k14: Pls guys my frnd just called me to tell me dat I was suppose to go to ikeja as soon as I collected d letter to register for possible 15k state allowee but I didn't ooo... More info pls, so dat I wil go tomorrow

its for those posted to ministry of special duties, health, agric and state govt. Schools. When they report to Alausa †ђξ first 600persons are given tags. Its them that are eligible for †ђξ money. Buh 300 have been taken from stream1. Its 300left. Goodluck sha.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
spyme: was posted to a private firm @ ipaja (alimosho local gvt) which is 10 mins walk frm my estate grin.....btw i saw mannylex today o but d guy's face was too strong at dat moment and with his height....my liver just cut, make i no go receive knock for my head lipsrsealed... but d guy is fine sha, ibulem is a fine guy too, yea i saw ibulem too. am sorry guys for not introducing myself....was too shy cry

chai.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
kriscamdi: i was posted to an IT firm sha but wen i got der, d guy said NYSC delayed too much dat he had employed someone else..aldou i was kinda happy sha koz i didnt like d place..wen i entad lyk 2 wia sleepn, one was chatn d oda was busy playn wiv d lappy n gistin wiv d gal der.. i beed to go job hunting ooooooo,i have missed this thread sha oo.. *hugs*spyme, dotchex, my lovely arny,golden hrt, modexechee.. as 4 manny, ibulemm,prixxy, prettyhill,etc..eehhe!! wotsup wiv our beach waka sef? you guys should visit my blog oo.. grin tnx all. one lov

no be small thing o! Oya everybody forward march to visit a brother's blog grin
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mannylex:

Lol, maybe I been dey vex at that time because of my posting. . . But u should have holla'd .

Meanwhile I was posted to a primary school( a Muslim school though). The school is really cool but the area is not! from what I saw there is internet and the place is standard... But the pay is low 5k

I asked for rejection, but the woman asked for my number and asked me to go and think about it... Though I have my rejection letter already. I got a text from the woman late at evening that I would be paid 10k. It's in my LGA, but completely different locations. Could spend an average of 500 a day, which to me is fair Getting confused now! What do you guys think? sad

by the way I saw Ellatyra , really cute gurl.

Have no fear; Mannylex is Here

like she said think about it. U fit use two weeksgrin two days think about am, as well consider all available options.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
dotchez:
Manny, that woman really want you to work for her, so I'll advice you to talk her. Try to talk to her that you can't be coming everyday that you can make it twice a week,one day for cds, d other 2 days for handwork,jus give her one lie that u r abt learning han work, or u tel her that you can only com the time you have the subject to teach, for instance if u r teaching Eng lang, and it is usually on Monday,tuesday n Wednesay by 11am to 12pm, then you will only com then. Just talk to her cux dis wan she increase d salary ehn she doesn't want to loose you so use that as an advantage dear. Goodluck boo

†ђξ annoying part be say na Pry. School and he's a Computer gEek. So what would be †ђξ Job description. That's d koko.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by MrAnonymous: 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
futuredangote:

Let's even assume say u go 15days only out of 30days in a month.That will amount to 7-8k in a month. Who will balance who?
Lol. I just pictured myself asking the principal that question: "Who will balance who?"
Haha.
It just won't work my brother.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ibullem(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
MrAnonymous:
Lol. I just pictured myself asking the principal that question: "Who will balance who?"
Haha.
It just won't work my brother.

Chai chai NYSC, dia ris God ooo

This PPA u ar sharing will answer ooo
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ujbaby4Jesus: 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
ibullem:

Lol
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by dotchez(f): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hissexcellencie:

†ђξ annoying part be say na Pry. School and he's a Computer gEek. So what would be †ђξ Job description. That's d koko.
he will teach d kids computer science, abi na
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by MrAnonymous: 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
ibullem:

Haha.
As in, the whole thing just seems like they used those spinning lottery boxes to hand pick everything.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Youngmoniii(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
dotchez:
he will teach d kids computer science, abi na
Dotch, how ur waka go?...couldn't make it again oo
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ArNyy(f): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Youngmoniii:
Its quite unfair of dem not to be payin corpers...dah means u can skip work anytime u like...better if u have some oda works thou
if I catch my slf dr! Dey even advised us to go get an acceptance letter frm any place of our choice
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Youngmoniii(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
ArNyy: if I catch my slf dr! Dey even advised us to go get an acceptance letter frm any place of our choice
Meanin u guys services aint needed atall
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by dotchez(f): 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Youngmoniii:
Dotch, how ur waka go?...couldn't make it again oo
i didnt too, raining here. the weather made me lazy, im juz pitying mysef. i need to go meet them sef to submit my ppa letter. why u nor go?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Me, hissexcellencie and Tonydamus were posted to d same skul. A private skul in ago okota. Havent gone there tho. Stil weighing my options. Would be dea on thursday. And......twas extremely 9ce seeing so many nairalanders since d time of registration til yestrday, I must confess, you guys hv succeeded in cementing a relationship dats gon last a lifetime wit me. Even witout d 3 weeks camp, I stil made friends and good ones. I rily lov you guys. Tho I dint see everyone, bt I saw at least 60 percent of U̶̲̥̅̊ guys. And A̶̲̥̅♏ very sure to see d remaining 40 percent @ d beach party! Yaaaayyy!!!!! MODEXCHEE how far?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (98) (Reply)

My NYSC Experience In Kano State / 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.