Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

“don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads (1124 Views)

Islamic Militants In Libya Crucify Christian Man On A Cross Like Jesus / Boko Haram Islamic Group Is A Sect N Not Extremist / Boko-haram = Islamic State (IS) = Sokoto Jihad: Islamization Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Barselonia(m): 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Sultan of Sokoto and president-general, Nigeria Supreme
Council for Islamic Affairs Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar (III) has
declared that life is sacred, thus anyone who bombs himself
thinking he will go to heaven is delusional.
He further explained: “For us, one single life lost means a lot
to us because life is sacred. You cannot love God if you do
not love your neighbour and if we all agree that you cannot
love God if you do not love your neighbour, then why are we
having all these problems?” the Sultan asked.
Stressing that Boko Haram has now become a ‘franchise’
used by many to commit series of crimes, the Sultan warned
that any attempt to politicise the insecurity that is
confronting Nigeria will not bring solutions.
His words: “When we politicise the security issue, there can
never be a solution to it. We should not narrow it down to
an ethnic or religious thing. Let us stop pointing accusing
fingers and vieweing terrorism as Hausa or Fulani issue. We
must all join hands to fight insecurity because by the time
you feel relaxed and say they should continue to kill
themselves, by the time they finished killing themselves they
will now get back to you.
“Therefore, let us collectively fight insecurity. Though, we
might not know those behind this insecurity, but we should
take our hands up to Almighty Allah to expose those doing
these killings. We must also not pray and go to sleep. Let us
continue to be proactive. Let us continue to work harder and
sensitise our people on security matters.”
On how best to address the insurgents, the Sultan said,
“Don’t call Boko Haram ‘Islamic militants’. A criminal is a
criminal. Do not link him with his religion. The people doing
this insecurity are very small compared to the millions of
Muslims that are not in any way connected to insurgency.”
He said unhealthy rivalry among security agencies is
another major setback towards tackling the situation, and
cautioned that the situation where security agencies hide
information from each other should be discontinued.
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
I believe the Sultan has a point there. If we add Islamic to the name of a terror group, it would imply that the terror group has some positive correlation with Islam.

For them to vary positively with Islam, they would need to demonstrate that they hold firm the teachings of Muhammad. For starters, Islam frown against suicide which seem to be their weapon of choice. This in itself makes them un-Islamic.

1 Like

Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Barselonia(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
striktlymi: I believe the Sultan has a point there. If we add Islamic to the name of a terror group, it would imply that the terror group has some positive correlation with Islam.

For them to vary positively with Islam, they would need to demonstrate that they hold firm the teachings of Muhammad. For starters, Islam frown against suicide which seem to be their weapon of choice. This in itself makes them un-Islamic.
u made a point my brother
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by gunuvi(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
thanks sultan but we know otherwise
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Barselonia(m): 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
gunuvi: thanks sultan but we know otherwise
Which otherwise
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
If It walks like a turtle, looks like a turtle then It is a turtle. angry
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by gunuvi(m): 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
Barselonia:
Which otherwise
I no know o
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by elguaje(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
And what should we call them
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by TheBigUrban2: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
striktlymi: I believe the Sultan has a point there. If we add Islamic to the name of a terror group, it would imply that the terror group has some positive correlation with Islam.

Keep trying to appease muslims. There are christian terrorists and muslim terrorists. Simple and short.

These people have clear justification for what they do from the Quran.

Of course, there are milliions (a majority) of peaceful muslims. This doesnt mean that we should lie to ourselves that there are no bad muslims

6 Likes

Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Keep trying to appease muslims. There are christian terrorists and muslim terrorists. Simple and short.

These people have clear justification for what they do from the Quran.

Of course, there are milliions (a majority) of peaceful muslims. This doesnt mean that we should lie to ourselves that there are no bad muslims

Don't tell me you don't know that the phrases: "Muslim terrorist" and "Islamic terrorist" are different?
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by wordcat(m): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
That shouldn't be a problem, we can call them Muslim Militants instead.

1 Like

Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by TheBigUrban2: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
striktlymi:

Don't tell me you don't know that the phrases: "Muslim terrorist" and "Islamic terrorist" are different?

And what would be the difference?

~You might need to learn the meaning of the phrase "difference without a distinction"
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

And what would be the difference?

~You might need to learn the meaning of the phrase "difference without a distinction"

The two phrases are different and distinct. Since I am feeling a bit jolly today, I will take my time to school you a bit...

"Islamic terrorist" denotes a situation where the act of terror is related to Islam while the phrase "Muslim terrorist" speaks of a Muslim who performs an act of terror. In the second case the act of terror may not have any relationship with Islam.
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by TheBigUrban2: 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
striktlymi:

The two phrases are different and distinct. Since I am feeling a bit jolly today, I will take my time to school you a bit...

"Islamic terrorist" denotes a situation where the act of terror is related to Islam while the phrase "Muslim terrorist" speaks of a Muslim who performs an act of terror. In the second case the act of terror may not have any relationship with Islam.

cheesy cheesy I am also in a jolly mood.

A muslim is islamic by nature.

A muslim terrorist is always an islamic terrorist (whether or not the action of terrorism itself is based on islam)
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

cheesy cheesy I am also in a jolly mood.

A muslim is islamic by nature.

A muslim terrorist is always an islamic terrorist (whether or not the action of terrorism itself is based on islam)

I think you are correct in a sense.
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by TheBigUrban2: 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
striktlymi:

You too.

1 Like

Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by proo212(m): 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
I think a lot of people including muslims and christians and most especially the Sultan is quite happy for the group to be called Boko Haram.

Please call them by their real name (The group's official name in Arabic is والجهاد للدعوة السنة أهل جماعة, variously Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'Awati Wal-Jihad, a.k.a. Jama'atu Ahlus-Sunnah Lidda'Awati Wal Jihad, a.k.a. Jama'atu Ahlus-Sunna Lidda'Awati Wal Jihad, meaning "People Committed to the Prophet's Teachings for Propagation and Jihad".)

As time goes on you will forced to learn some Arabic so no one can fool you.

Who is zooming who?
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
striktlymi:

TheBigUrban2:

You too.

I think two of you should get a room.

@ topic; Until this sultan and other muslims condemn and publicly denounce boko haram, they are talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by Weah96: 6:09am On Jul 31, 2014
A neighbor from the perspective of Islam is another Muslim who lives closest to you. Kaffirs cannot be neighbours unless they pay their annual restitution known as Jizya. The sultan is choosing his words carefully.
Re: “don’t Call Boko Haram ‘islamic Militants” –sultan Pleads by benodic: 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatever exists is a manifestation of the consciousness of the people who created it in their hearts.
boko haram has always existed in the hearts of the northern Nigeria Moslem. what we are seeing now is just another manifestation of it. northern moslems have been slaughtering southerners in the name of religion over the years and none of them saw anything wrong with that.
the current boko haram simply replaced the matchets, fuel and matches, stones and sticks formally used by northern moslems with bombs and guns.

(1) (Reply)

"I’m Done With Pastor Chris; No Going Back On Divorcing Him" – Anita Oyakhilome / Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings / Dutse Maria Pilgrimage – The Feast Of Immaculate Conception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.