Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch (2682 Views)

Ibadan Church Bans Leggings, Mini Skirts, Open Bosom & Topless Outfits (Photo) / Should A Christian Woman Wear Immodest Dress Like Bikini, Mini Skirts, And Short / Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by Barselonia(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nigerian Pastor Paul Adefarasin Banned Church Members
From Wearing Mini Skirts
It is official, women are not permitted to wear mini skirts to
Lagos based church, House on the rock.
This was made known yesterday by the church’s founder,
Pastor Paul Adefarasin. He said he made decision due to
frequent influx of ladies wearing distracting mini skirts to
church and to avoid seduction in the church of God.
During his sermon yesterday, Pastor Adefarasin further
said:
“I will assume that the members that do this, are probably
new or uninformed ones…but we don’t allow mini skirts in
this church. If you must wear something short, make sure it
covers your knees. Otherwise, an usher might need to come
and complete your dressing.”
When Pastor Adefarasin asked for a witness, a large portion
of the congregation shouted a resounding “yes”.
He also warned female choir members not to wear High-
heeled shoes again.
Should the use of mini-skirts and high-heeled shoes be
abolished in Nigerian churches?

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by chyseth(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Yeahhh That is it, my Pastor.
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
Barselonia:

Should the use of mini-skirts and high-heeled shoes be abolished in Nigerian churches?

chyseth: Yeahhh That is it, my Pastor.

No, the use of mini-skirts and high-heeled shoes should not be abolished in Nigerian churches.
The neck is more the reason, each has one, to turn head elsewhere with, in order to look away or not look at all.

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation.
Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

- James 1:12 NLT

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation:
for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life,
which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

- James 1:12 KJ Bible

How blessed is the man who endures temptation!
When he has passed the test, he will receive the victor's crown of life that God has promised to those who keep on loving him

- James 1:12 ISV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by chyseth(m): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
So church should be turned into a club because we need to endure temptation?

Am sure you are joking
BabaGnoni:

No, the use of mini-skirts and high-heeled shoes should not be abolished in Nigerian churches.
The neck is more the reason, each has one, to turn head elsewhere with, in order to look away or not look at all.

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation.
Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

- James 1:12 NLT

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation:
for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life,
which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

- James 1:12 KJ Bible

How blessed is the man who endures temptation!
When he has passed the test, he will receive the victor's crown of life that God has promised to those who keep on loving him

- James 1:12 ISV

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
chyseth:

So church should be turned into a club because we need to endure temptation?

Am sure you are joking

Some "churches" are worse than clubs
- these adjectives do not necessarily apply to this "church"
but most "churches" are hypocrites and a den of thieves

The church is not the physical building
Making a mountain out of a molehill is the joke
I bet King David too would have loved to abolish bathing after the Bathsheba incident

What happens to your church, (i.e. as in yourself as part of the body of Christ) when mini-skirts walks past or approaches it
Or you've abolished every walking by mini-skirts in vicinity of it

You don't need an abolish sledgehammer to crack a nut
The mini-skirts or high heels probably turned up at the spur of the moment or at a last minute notice
Give good teachings and explanations, then if not immediately, with time, conformity will follow

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by chyseth(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
My dear, Pastor did not say, the person should not come to church, but that the ushers will help you cover up properly. that means a form of clothing like a wrapper will be provided to you to cover up with.

That is totally different from your line of reasoning.

When i have time to talk about our bodies being the temple of the Lord, i will let you know.

Take care.

BabaGnoni:

I bet King David too would have loved to abolish bathing after the Bathsheba incident

What happens to your church, (i.e. as in yourself as part of the body of Christ) when mini-skirts walks past or approaches it

You don't need a abolish sledgehammer to crack a nut
Give good teachings and explanations, then if not immediately, with time, conformity will follow

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
chyseth:

My dear, Pastor did not say, the person should not come to church,
but that the ushers will help you cover up properly. that means a form of clothing like a wrapper will be provided to you to cover up with.

That is totally different from your line of reasoning.

When i have time to talk about our bodies being the temple of the Lord, i will let you know.

Take care.

My dear, listen to yourself and whatever "totally different from your line of reasoning" means
- LOL I suppose the fear of the Jezebel spirit is beginning of wisdom. Yeah?

Didn't OP ask: Should the use of mini-skirts and high-heeled shoes be abolished in Nigerian churches?

Fact is, mini-skirts and high heels are unavoidable,
we jam them in working places, when commuting to or fro, back and forth, they are on the high streets etc etc
The same way we deal with them in these other circumstances shouldn't be any different in "House of the Rock" or any other public place
"female choir members not to wear High-heeled shoes again", what a nanny "House of the Rock" is turning into
Is it only in "House of the Rock" that men come into contact with "distracting mini skirts"?
It shouldn't be an issue especially for a believer worth his mettle.
Capisce
Shalom and Take care
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by Debroslink: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
BabaGnoni:

My dear, listen to yourself and whatever "totally different from your line of reasoning" means
- LOL I suppose the fear of the Jezebel spirit is beginning of wisdom. Yeah?

Didn't OP ask: Should the use of mini-skirts and high-heeled shoes be abolished in Nigerian churches?

we jam them in working places, when commuting to or fro, back and forth, they are on the high streets etc etc
The same way we deal with them in these other circumstances shouldn't be any different in "House of the Rock" or any other public place
"female choir members not to wear High-heeled shoes again", what a nanny "House of the Rock" is turning into
Is it only in "House of the Rock" that men come into contact with "distracting mini skirts"?
Capisce
Shalom and Take care

Are u a Christian at all? So because miniskirts are common in the society means that it should be approved in the church? U agree that it is unholy,yet you are approving it in d church? Is that how to prepare for heaven?
When u come to the house of the Lord, you come to cleanse and amend your ways, not to encourage temptations.

In fact I doubt your salvation.

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Debroslink:

Are u a Christian at all?
So because miniskirts are common in the society means that it should be approved in the church?
U agree that it is unholy, yet you are approving it in d church? Is that how to prepare for heaven?
When u come to the house of the Lord, you come to cleanse and amend your ways, not to encourage temptations.

Please quote me verbatim with this your: "U agree that it is unholy, yet you are approving it in d church"
- Ah broad daylight "ojukoroju", I throwe salute for una
Are u a "Christian" at all?

Bet you selectively ignored the earlier below post:
The mini-skirts or high heels probably turned up at the spur of the moment or at a last minute notice

"How horrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees! You hypocrites!
You clean the outside of cups and dishes.
But inside they are full of greed and uncontrolled desires

- Matthew 23: 25 GOD'S WORD® Translation

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by nora544: 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nigerian pastors and their doctrin to their followers!!!

When this could change the country and the people!

I never hear that I couldnot wear my high heels in church!!!!!!

I dress like a business woman but when I sit my skirt will not cover my knee.

God is not looking what you wear God is looking in your heart and you can look for the people a godfearing woman with the right dress but your heart is black, on the other side you wear a mini shirt and high heels but you have a good heart and you help some poor people so please tell me who is better and who is a real christian!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
nora544: Nigerian pastors and their doctrin to their followers!!!

When this could change the country and the people!

I never hear that I couldnot wear my high heels in church!!!!!!

I dress like a business woman but when I sit my skirt will not cover my knee.

God is not looking what you wear God is looking in your heart and you can look for the people a godfearing woman with the right dress but your heart is black, on the other side you wear a mini shirt and high heels but you have a good heart and you help some poor people so please tell me who is better and who is a real christian!!!!!!!!

Wear bikini go church now, shebi na heart God dey look at. angry

4 Likes

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by nora544: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
tobiflink:

When you didnot know what business outfit is please look
https://www.google.at/search?q=business+outfit+women&client=firefox-a&hs=AFH&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EVDZU8zkMa3P4QTl1YFg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=583

and that is a dress this so called man of God didnot like.

Nigeria have more problems but this so called great man of god had no brain to speak out the real problems!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
tobiflink:

hmm-mhm, g-strings is better than bikini nau.
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
nora544:

When you didnot know what business outfit is please look
https://www.google.at/search?q=business+outfit+women&client=firefox-a&hs=AFH&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EVDZU8zkMa3P4QTl1YFg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=583

and that is a dress this so called man of God didnot like.

Nigeria have more problems but this so called great man of god had no brain to speak out the real problems!!!!!!!!

Exactly my sentiments and why I earlier said the below:

I wonder what "House of the Rock" men do in the corporate world.
- ask for the ground to open up when in meetings with mini-skirts and high heels shoes

as previously said, one doesn't need an "abolish" sledgehammer to crack a nut
What is needed is to give good teachings and explanations, then if not immediately, with time, conformity will follow
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by nora544: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Exactly my sentiments and why I earlier said the below:

I wonder what "House of the Rock" men do in the corporate world.
- ask for the ground to open up when in meetings with mini-skirts and high heels shoes

as previously said, one doesn't need an "abolish" sledgehammer to crack a nut
What is needed is to give good teachings and explanations, then if not immediately, with time, conformity will follow

it is not the man in the church but I feel the pastor has a problem, perhaps he cannot preach when he has to look at the girls and the mini skirt and the hight heels!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
nora544:

it is not the man in the church but I feel the pastor has a problem,
perhaps he cannot preach when he has to look at the girls and the mini skirt and the hight heels!!!!!!!!!!!
^^^

You hit the nail on the head
- same thought I had too, which is why I earlier offered James 1:12 NLT, James 1:12 KJ Bible and James 1:12 ISV for comfort
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by nora544: 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
BabaGnoni:
^^^

You hit the nail on the head
- same thought I had too, which is why I earlier offered James 1:12 NLT, James 1:12 KJ Bible and James 1:12 ISV for comfort

That remembers me about a sketch from Basket mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dH_wjddTA

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by myads890(m): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
Debroslink:

Are u a Christian at all? So because miniskirts are common in the society means that it should be approved in the church? U agree that it is unholy,yet you are approving it in d church? Is that how to prepare for heaven?

You are not in the position to doubt anyone's salvation
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by DrummaBoy(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2014
I present this write up here to add to the discussion in a general context. I shall return to look at the subject in a specific manner:

DrummaBoy:

A SUBTLE LEGALISM

David Prior is an Anglican Priest whose book titled "BEDROCK" (1985) has a chapter titled Sound Doctrine. The book is basically committed to teachings on the life of the church, administration, physical and spiritual growth, and doctrine. In that chapter he makes a point that all preaching in church continues to vie between the terror of legalism and the debauchery of licentiousness. He made it clear that though ministers hold the duty to instruct Gods people in the way of righteousness, they have no right to instruct people in the specific details of how they must run their lives. His argument is that if we truly teach sound doctrine, and Gods power is present, God is able to lead people on how they must live out the details of their lives. When ministers begin to instruct Christians to do this and that, they are veering off into practicing subtle legalism (see the latter verses of Colossians 2).

Unfortunately, this is what the injunction to tithe does. The New Testament has laid out clear doctrines on how Christians must give. If a minister will teach on giving, he should trust God enough to lead people to give without his having to spell out the details of how they must do it. When a minister or church insist that that giving is a tithe, at minimum, that minister or church is practicing subtle legalism.

Unfortunately, this subtle legalism does not stop at giving alone. It transcends to other things in church too. David Martin Lloyd-Jones was one of few ministers that refused to support the ministry of Billy Graham when he came to do crusade in London in the 50/60s. The old minister's grouse with Graham was with the practice of "altar calling". Dr Lloyd-Jones opposed this practice because he felt it was a way of ministers taking over the job of the Holy Spirit. He insisted that the job of the minister was to preach and it was the job of the Spirit to convict and bring to conversion. Everyone should know his job. Doing otherwise, in my parlance, is to practice subtle legalism. The Dr. himself witnessed much conversion in his over 50 years of ministering but never did he make an altar call. Those who opposed him then are still alive to see what "altar calling" had turned Christendom into: a place where every Dick and Harry is a Christian.

This is the reason why tithing cannot fit the spirit of the New Testament. The old might have permitted legalism but the New insists on freedom, free will and the leading of the spirit. This is why tithing in the old must certainly translate to free will giving in the new, and this is the reason why tithing could not be mentioned as a NT practice as it will violate the spirit of freedom that Christ had purchased for the church.

Unfortunately, so much of Christianity is steeped in this subtle legalism. Even churches that teach a level of liberty cannot trust their members enough to be led to do things by themselves. Pastors instead love to dictate to their people what to do. Its worse now as Christians must depend on pastors to even tell them how to pray, who to marry, how to do business, how to eat and exercise, how to give, etc. Its all subtle legalism. This is the result of not teaching Christians the blessing of being led of the Spirit. For those led of the spirit are not under the law. This was the major grouse the NT teachers had with the false prophets of their time. Its a problem that remains with Christendom till this moment.

Beware of subtle legalistic injunctions; you can learn to be led of the Spirit.
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by DrummaBoy(m): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2014
I have always argued that much of what plays out as Pentecostal church in Nigeria finds expression either as a holiness movement, a prosperity movement or a terrible mix of the two. One thing is however common to all of them and that is the legalism I discussed earlier. This legalism is either subtle or obvious. What Paul Adefarsin is doing in the OP is subtle legalism.

It seem to me that the last lesson preachers learn in their preaching career, if they ever learn it, is that they are not God; neither has God made them police over his flock. Do we realize that Jesus spent only three and a half years instructing the apostles? Do we understand that they all carried out successful ministries on an average of at least 40 years after the Master left? Do we think Christ was bothered whether they will fail in ministry? What do we understand God was counting on? If you say the Holy Spirit, you are correct. The question now is: has the Spirit left? The Spirit that possessed the apostles and made them turn the world upside down is still in believers today. Has he stopped working? Aha! There lies the challenge. Christians are no longer taught to know and follow the Spirit. Rule books, Pastor's hegemony and subtle legalism has taken over the job of the Spirit.

What does Adefarasi teach his congregation that make non regenerates comfortable under his ministration? Is it a gospel of money, success, breakthrough, and prosperity? What is it in that gospel that can convict a sinner and make them commit their lives to Christ, shun sin, know the Spirit and hear him instruct them in the path of righteousness and holiness, even without a minister breathing down their necks? Is it not because his preaching lack the power of the Spirit to convict to righteousness and holy living that he must now augment with rules and regulations?

The point is not what the ladies are wearing. Has Adefarasi himself observed his own dressing recently? ...smh. The point is Who are they all wearing as a congregation? If it is Baal, then we will have the shenanigans we are seeing in the OP. If it is Christ the whole lamentation by the minister in the OP will not be needed.

May God grant maturity to the church in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by whatofyou: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
BabaGnoni:

You don't need an abolish sledgehammer to crack a nut

By their fruits, you shall know them. Our Lord says He does not tempt people -- that is, in every meaning of the word tempt. This should lead you to know that acts of temptation should not emerge from christians wherever they are, because the Lord is in us, be it in the church, school, house, place of work et c. But since God has spoken of His not being responsible for our temptations, does it mean that christians are not tempted, and who tempts them? Christians should not tempt themselves!
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatofyou:

By their fruits, you shall know them.
Our Lord says He does not tempt people -- that is, in every meaning of the word tempt.
This should lead you to know that acts of temptation should not emerge from wherever godly people are,
because the Lord is in us, be it in the church, school, house, place of work et c.
But since God has spoken of His not being responsible for our temptations,
does it mean that christians are not tempted, and who tempts them?
Christians should not tempt themselves!

If temptation can happen in Jesus' inner caucus,
I wonder what is so special inside "House of the Rock"
and that makes it different to Christians outside,
Christians going about their daily activities with "distracting mini-skirts" and "high heels shoes" here and there, all over the place.
Abolish mini-skirts" and "high heels shoes" outside too? So Christians shouldn't be tempted? SMH

You do err because you do not properly know the scriptures you've partially referenced:
and where did you read "Christians are doing the tempting" - by your fruit, we shall know you

13And remember, when you are being tempted,
do not say, "God is tempting me."
God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else.
14Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.

- James 1:13-14 NLT
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by whatofyou: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
BabaGnoni:

If temptation can happen in Jesus' inner caucus,
I wonder what is so special inside "House of the Rock"
and that makes it different to Christians outside,
Christians going about their daily activities with "distracting mini-skirts" and "high heels shoes" here and there, all over the place.
Abolish mini-skirts" and "high heels shoes" outside too? So Christians shouldn't be tempted? SMH

You do err because you do not properly know the scriptures you've partially referenced:
and where did you read "Christians are doing the tempting" - by your fruit, we shall know you

13And remember, when you are being tempted,
do not say, "God is tempting me." God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else.
14Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.

- James 1:13-14 NLT

I believe you do not want to understand my previous post.

Many are called, few are chosen; 'many have come, few are chosen.' Not everyone who calls himself a christian is really a christian. Remember the 'narrow' road and the spirit leading the times we are in. Forget about the world the world going upside down, there are qualities christians should display.
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatofyou:
I believe you do not want to understand my previous post.

Many are called, few are chosen; 'many have come, few are chosen.'
Not everyone who calls himself a christian is really a christian.
Remember the 'narrow' road and the spirit leading the times we are in.
Forget about the world the world going upside down, there are qualities christians should display.

Pot calling a kettle black
It is you with your knee jerk responses, who does not want to understand previous post(s)
Whether "Many are called, few are chosen" or "many have come, few are chosen" is besides the point
Even "Not everyone who calls himself a christian is really a christian" is irrelevant
Where did you read anywhere on the thread that it is about "christians" behaving badly, supposedly that is.
Also where on the thread did you read anyone complain "about the world, the world going upside down" prompting you advice to forget?

As previously mentioned:

You use the head, with of the help of the neck, to look elsewhere, like done when outside "House of the Rock"

The temptations in "House of the Rock" your life are no different from what others experience.
And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.
When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - NLT
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by whatofyou: 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Pot calling a kettle black
It is you with your knee jerk responses, who does not want to understand previous post(s)
Whether "Many are called, few are chosen" or "many have come, few are chosen" is besides the point
Even "Not everyone who calls himself a christian is really a christian" is irrelevant
Where did you read anywhere on the thread that it is about "christians" behaving badly, supposedly that is.
Also where on the thread did you read anyone complain "about the world, the world going upside down" prompting you advice to forget?

As previously mentioned:

You use the head, with of the help of the neck, to look elsewhere, like done when outside "House of the Rock"

The temptations in "House of the Rock" your life are no different from what others experience.
And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.
When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - NLT

It has not reached to the extent of zebra calling donkey horse! Sometimes we may think we are swimming in the water when we are actually drowning. Take the pastor, for example. This new restriction was not with his church in the beginning. It could have been as a result of the excessive display of fashion in his church. Whatever, his eyes suddenly got 'opened.' Like my guy says, the pastor has started finding his moment of truth.
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatofyou:

It has not reached to the extent of zebra calling donkey horse!
Sometimes we may think we are swimming in the water when we are actually drowning.
Take the pastor, for example. This new restriction was not with his church in the beginning.
His eyes suddenly got 'opened.' Like my guy says, the pastor has started finding his moment of truth.

Whatever floats your boat, zebra calling donkey horse, whatever that means
Listen to yourself, after all your:
"This should lead you to know that acts of temptation should not emerge from wherever godly people are,
because the Lord is in us, be it in the church, school, house, place of work et c.
But since God has spoken of His not being responsible for our temptations, does it mean that christians are not tempted, and who tempts them? Christians should not tempt themselves!
"

I am glad to know "His eyes suddenly got 'opened.' Like my guy says, the pastor has started finding his moment of truth."
The Lord is his strength and he can take solace in earlier offered James 1:12 NLT, James 1:12 KJ Bible and James 1:12 ISV
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by whatofyou: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Whatever floats your boat, zebra calling donkey horse, whatever that means
Listen to yourself, after all your:
"This should lead you to know that acts of temptation should not emerge from wherever godly people are,
But since God has spoken of His not being responsible for our temptations, does it mean that christians are not tempted, and who tempts them? Christians should not tempt themselves!
"

I am glad to know "His eyes suddenly got 'opened.' Like my guy says, the pastor has started finding his moment of truth."
The Lord is his strength and he can take solace in earlier offered James 1:12 NLT, James 1:12 KJ Bible and James 1:12 ISV

You win; and the pastor gets to carry out his new directive. Furthermore, I listened to myself and still found out you don't want to accept... Have a wonderful day!
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by englishmart(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Why was he dressed like a catholic bishop?

He even wore a cross o.

Smh.

Go to the seminary since you love to dress like Reverend fathers / bishops

1 Like

Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by BabaGnoni: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatofyou:

You win;
and the pastor gets to carry out his new directive.
Furthermore, I listened to myself and still found out you don't want to accept...
Have a wonderful day!

So all along, it was a game to you; a game of winning or losing. Pfft. SMH
Who gives a toss what happens inside "House of the Rock" or sweat over it's directive
OP asked a question, which was responded to, only for you to come in like "jawando", quoting me and making disparaging remarks
Make sure you park well too, as you go on having a wonderful day.
Re: House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch by pegmatite(f): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote
author=nora544]

it is not the man in the church but I feel the pastor has a problem,
perhaps he cannot preach when he has to look at the girls and the mini
skirt and the hight heels!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Mtscheeew! #HYPOCRITES!

(1) (Reply)

Demons Are Real - My Encounter With A Demon! Real Life! No Vision! My Story / Benefits Of A Divine Encounter / The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.