Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,012 members, 7,821,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (46871 Views)

Curing Leukaemia With HIV: Breakthough On Treatment For Cancer? / Facial Treatment With Live Snail / Cancer Treatment With Soursop Leaf (latest Invention) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by hemartins(m): 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hoping this is true.
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Opinedecandid: We shall overcome
yeah we knw but before then go and get ur bittercola and scientific gears. Heaven help those who help themselves. Very soon 9ja dresscode will change to scientific lab protectic gears. ETT end time tinz

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Acidosis(m): 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Only Certified Pharmacologists/Lab Pharmacologists can work out a reasonable cure.

Undermine their ability; and get ready to bury more bodies.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by nerodenero: 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
The types of Ebola is funny:
Ebola-Zaire, Ebola-Sudan and Ebola-Ivory Coast all affect humans, while Ebola-Reston has so far only affected monkeys and chimpanzees.

Maybe we will soon have Ebola-Liberia,Ebola-Sierra Leone etc if they are not similar with the above.
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
"The same forest that yields the dreaded Ebola virus could be a source of the cure."

This Homeopathic approach could possibly be the cure. Researchs should be intenstified.
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by ghostofsparta(m): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
ebola...4real
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by signz: 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
My brothers, no time to waste time. In addition to washing of hands, we should consume bitter kola with passion.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by skimarvel: 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Africans will never consider this as Good news as long as it comes from an African like them.But if the west came up with an unverified idea,They will be so quick to shout ''Good news'' and ask dumb questions like ''when will it get to Africa''.Here is an African telling us the solution is here in Africa and we are finding it hard to believe..
One day we go gain independence from western influence.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by mindworx: 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

You didn't have to quote the entire post to ask your question...

Oshey jare ... that kin thing dey vex you too, abi
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Whizzdom(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
May dem find cure oo
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Ahmeduana(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
jayseehe: has it been tested

make una test am first
MESSAGE ME WHEN YOU CATCHES EBOLA OR WHEN EBOLA CATCHES YOU SO I CAN COME AND PERFORM EXPERIMENT ON YOU TO KNOW IF IS POTENT!
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by secnelly: 5:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
There are four types of the virus - Ebola-Zaire, Ebola-Sudan and Ebola-Ivory Coast all affect humans, while Ebola-Reston has so far only affected monkeys and chimpanzees.

i disagree.
there is Ebola-Nigeria that is likely will be cured with Garcinia kola
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Toks2008(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
Samgreguc:
y mst it b US Food and Drug Administration and not NAFDAC?

You mean you quoted all those long stories just to write those few lines?

PLEASE NAIRALANDERS,any time you want to quote any long story,just use @OP or @poster's name then make make your comments abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by akraym(m): 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
MrPresident1: What is Ebola? Is it the name of a new movie? undecided

Abi is it the latest game in town?

I keep hearing Ebola Ebola Ebola... wetin be Ebola undecided

grin
lame attempt at humour

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by donjsb(m): 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
no time. praying earnestly that it falls through. we all nid 2 pray 4 its success.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by ebola4u: 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
^seek not prayer nor will your holy books be your succor, HIV/AIDS no more reigns for the fear of ebola is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by ebolacarrier: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2014

grin

my Presido the clueless one,
it is I EBOLACARRIER 1 of ebola Land.

What can i do for you?

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Janetozi(f): 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2014

grin
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ebola-Zaire, Ebola-Sudan, Ebola-Ivory Coast? chai undecided

Every spirit of Ebola-Naija dat wants 2 come out 4rm Abuja Aso villa, return back 2 ur uncle! Jeeeeeeeesuuuus!
Oya egba aduraaaaaa!
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
secnelly: There are four types of the virus - Ebola-Zaire, Ebola-Sudan and Ebola-Ivory Coast all affect humans, while Ebola-Reston has so far only affected monkeys and chimpanzees.

i disagree.
there is Ebola-Nigeria that is likely will be cured with Garcinia kola
Wit d aid of alomo cool

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
I am thinking there is something wrong in this research. How is a 15-year research not been tested on a single individual in those years to prove it effectiveness. That to me is the most worrisome thing in this whole Garcinia kola (bitter kola) claim. We shouldn't allow something like that make us lose focus in following the preventive methods.

1) Control Ebola where it is spreading so that it won't spread to other area.

2) Work with the medical community and report cases of Ebola.

3) Understand that people can have it without knowing it.

After those three follow the preventive measures by the WHO(World Health Organization).
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Leopantro: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
FutureDon:

I did too, but found nothing insightful. If true, one would expect to see published papers or citations demonstrating its efficacy/replicability. In addition, one would expect a novel discovery as this one (if truly it is) to be published in high impact journal.

no study has been done in regards to ebola and bitter kola but if you could check Africa Health journal, sometime in 2012, you would come across a study done on bitter kola. i had a copy of that journal but can't locate it.
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
Leopantro:

no study has been done in regards to ebola and bitter kola but if you could check Africa Health journal, sometime in 2012, you would come across a study done on bitter kola. i had a copy of that journal but can't locate it.
That means it is nonsense and it is not medically relevant in the cure of Ebola.
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
lastround: You people should understand that nature is the greatest cure. What scientific evidence are you looking for. They will never approve it because it cannot be paten. The whole thing is just a game.
Exactly!!!
The big pharmaceutical companies will, in collusion with the US FDA, fight tooth and nail to cast aspersions on the efficacy of natural treatments.
There has been several natural cures for cancer, which the big pharma folks have successfully fought to keep out of the reach of society.
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Unemadu: 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
dstnd: the power of nature is greater Dan science

Agreed!!!
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Leopantro:

all we know for now is bittercola which subdues the ebola idiot, a breast at hand is worth more than 100 in a bra, for now i will stick to that instead of criticizing our only hope bros, na wa for u o, at least give us small hope na

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by FutureDon(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Adesam01:

I checked online and I saw some of his publications! He recently published the second edition of his book "Handbook of African Medicinal Plants" with Taylor and Francis group (CRC Press) and the book has over 900 citations, I saw the preview on Google books.

I feel his works are quite impressive.
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=Maurice+M.+Iwu+&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=

Thank you for providing that link, I was busy looking for his related work in form of published papers smiley

I looked through a few pages of the book - we don't know if the ''ebola cure research'' even earned any citation since the book covered a range of topics.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
Heard it on cctv news dis afternoon dat some american doctors have found a very promising cure for the virus. The drug could be out as early as september.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Second Wave Of COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Down Schools, Etc / Prisoner Who Gave Birth To Twin Dies In Calabar / 10 Bad Habits That Damages The Brain (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.