Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN (6524 Views)

9 Household Crisis You Can Solve With Salt / Cucumber Crisis / Global Food Crisis: What Is The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Tassembly(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-zTEp97__jlM/U9aPwHsGqEI/AAAAAAABIlY/YXpP_3GHMxg/s1600/hungry+kids.jpg[/img]

South Sudan's food crisis is the worst in the world, the UN Security Council has warned, calling for urgent action.

It said there was a "catastrophic food insecurity" in the country, urging donor nations who pledged $618m (£364m) in aid to make good on their promise.

The UN children's fund, Unicef, said some four million - a third of the population - could be affected.
It said that 50,000 children may die of hunger in the conflict-torn country unless international help increased.

More than a million people have fled their homes since fighting erupted between different factions of South Sudan's ruling party last December.

Thousands have now died in the conflict that started as a political dispute between President Salva Kiir and his deputy Riek Machar but has since escalated into ethnic violence.

Months of fighting have prevente.....

read full post from source below

[url=http://.com/food/south-sudan%27s-food-crisis-%27worst-in-the-world%27-un/]South Sudan's food crisis 'worst in the world[/url]
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by armyofone(m): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
In a world where we have many food, i hate seeing the kind of gloomy pictures above. I pray deeply the pic is old.

It pierced my soul cry

Look at the cook in your kitchen and post food, sigh cry

7 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by sammieguze(m): 4:51am On Jul 31, 2014
It is well
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by vikel2104: 4:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Not good
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by tamertery(m): 4:55am On Jul 31, 2014
I cme de feel bad, cus I jus finished eating cry , jus somethings that u realy wana help but no means... So heartbreakinG... May God make it easy 4 dem... Ameen

1 Like

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Omexonomy: 4:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Why is it that opposition love causing trouble whenever they are unable to get to power.
APC in nigeria are using BH tactics to cause trouble in nigeria due to their fustrated live and politics.
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by emmddy: 5:04am On Jul 31, 2014
When they were in Sudan, they carried gun against government and agitate for independence because they are the oil producing region......... Let them survive on their oil, this is a lesson for pro- nigeria separatist .

14 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by shadowwalker101: 5:04am On Jul 31, 2014
na wa oo may Hod help them Amen
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 31, 2014
May God save Africa

2 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Smartsyn(m): 5:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Please how and where can i donate...?
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by aminho(m): 5:46am On Jul 31, 2014
with all dia oil they are in hunger nigerdelta noise makers are you watchin?we all need each sides north east south west,team onenigeria

5 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by san316(m): 5:49am On Jul 31, 2014
This is so pathetic. In their quest for self determination and miscalculated independence, they have delved into a worse fate than they were in during the days of a One united Sudan. I pity the poor children suffering for the mindlessness of their elders. S.Sudan has oil, how is it helping now? Progress is better achieved united with a good mindset than divided. My southern brothers, take a cue, be careful what u wish for. PS: And these foreign media guys are so good at depicting poverty. Why did they use black and white for the picture? Hypocrites! They all have a hand in it.

10 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by alVinHustle: 6:17am On Jul 31, 2014
This is the result of political and tribal divide, all ye war mongering, tribalism infested and politically naive Nigerians, be weary of what you seek...if this nation erupts into the war you so easily speak of, South Sudan will be child's play.
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 31, 2014
A country with so much natural resources!! I really don't get why things have to be this way in Africa! So rich, yet so divided and devastated! Just take a look @ Congo..... And even Nigeria sef!! Smh!!!

1 Like

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by movicy(m): 6:22am On Jul 31, 2014
I hope naija learn frm dis, we should'nt pray for war. Southern pipu shey una dey see ?
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by englishmart(m): 6:25am On Jul 31, 2014
Foreign helps don last forever.

They need to put an end to the ongoing crisis in the country, put heads together and strategize on how to put an end to the impending hunger strikes.

What must be must be.

1 Like

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Dymaco(m): 6:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Hmm
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Smooyis(m): 6:36am On Jul 31, 2014
So touching. Can t they export crude oil in exchange for food supply. Lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by emmyclassic(m): 7:21am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Jdfada: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2014
Its unfortunate. Self determination has a price.
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by michealade(m): 8:17am On Jul 31, 2014
dem don fite war taya.....Im sure its an islamic nation!
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 31, 2014
emmyclassic: South Sudan is still an Islamic country so oil or no oil. most Islamic countries never have peace

D.umdskull check wikipedia, South sudan has a christain majority while north is dominated by muslims.

This is the truth du.mb-skull!

South sudan is a christain country.

I'm sure this dis-appoints you.

Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by wellmax(m): 8:20am On Jul 31, 2014
Lord have mercy on these children.
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2014
michealade: dem don fite war taya.....Im sure its an islamic nation!

Empty-heads all over the place!

You could not even do a simple google search to verify your claims.

D.umdskull check wikipedia, South sudan has a christain majority while north is dominated by muslims.
This is the truth du.mb-skull!
South sudan is a christain country.
I'm sure this dis-appoints you.
Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2014
emmyclassic: South Sudan is still an Islamic country so oil or no oil. most Islamic countries never have peace
Na who send u go sch

3 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 31, 2014

All these useless human beings i quoted above.

I can't believe i'm human with useless things such as yourselves.

Here is a quote from wikipedia.
On 1 November 2011,South Sudan's National Security Services (NSS) ..... 60.5% ofSouth Sudan's population wasChristian, 32.9% were followers of traditional African religion and 6.2% were Muslim.
Juba -Salva Kiir Mayardit -Ethnic violence in South Sudan -History of South Sudan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sudan

5 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by texazzpete(m): 8:38am On Jul 31, 2014
Omexonomy: Why is it that opposition love causing trouble whenever they are unable to get to power.
APC in nigeria are using BH tactics to cause trouble in nigeria due to their fustrated live and politics.

I know you are poorly educated, but it's clearly written in the article that the fighting is now based on ethnic divisions, not politics.

4 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2014

Really is this what they teach you in churches these days. Apart from collecting your money?

Oh so they've grown tired of ripping you guys off i.e collecting your money and now they teach you to be religious bigots?

But, come on you guys turned out to become really stupid bigots. I'm sure that's not what they intended(whoever they are).

4 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Omexonomy: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2014
texazzpete:

I know I AM poorly educated, but it's clearly written in the article that the fighting is now based on ethnic divisions, not politics.
FIXED
Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Sylvarresta(m): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2014
Akinmail:

Really is this what they teach you in churches these days. Apart from collecting your money?

Oh so they've grown tired of ripping you guys off i.e collecting your money and now they teach you to be religious bigots?

But, come on you guys turned out to become really stupid bigots. I'm sure that's not what they intended(whoever they are).

look at your write up, you are not better than him, you are both bigot

2 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 31, 2014

Both of you should get a university education.

If you already have one, then it probably isn't sufficient.

You need to pick up life skills that'll help you become presentable to human society.

Life skill that will stop you from being a disgrace to your family and society.

Taking caution, being tolerant, contributing positively to your nations good, and most importantly not being stupid.

I am really concerned for you mental and social health.

Tell me how do you guys get along in society without stinking of stupidity?

6 Likes

Re: South Sudan's Food Crisis 'worst In The World' - UN by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 31, 2014
They put themselves in this mess, they should solve the problem.

South Sudan have very fertile land for agriculture, they are suffering cos of the ethnic crises.

As for the Northerners Posters above who are (taking paracetamol for our headache) advising us, I suggest you mind your own business.

Whether we become another South Sudan, after independence, or not is none of your business. The most important thing is that we sever this unholy union aka Forced Marriage.

The only lesson to learn from South Sudan crises is that South South should be divided into various nations and Igbos should have their own separate nation while we Yoruba go our separate ways.

Ethnic differences and impatience led to the crises in Sudan. They had the opportunity to rule themselves and build a great nation but they blew it cos every tribe wants to produce president.

Northernerns "Face Your Work Oooo".

What Devil Has Joined Together, Let Almighty God Put Asunder Shap Shap.

Say No To Forced Marriage, 2015 is around the corner.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aptamil Baby Milk Food / 6 Bakeries In Lagos Where You Can Get Quality Bread / How Do You Make Kulikuli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.