Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

What You Should Know About Web 2 Sms - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / What You Should Know About Web 2 Sms (1138 Views)

Everything You Should Know About Kill A Watt Meter / Web 2.0 Standard Web Design / Discover Web 2.0 Startups, Social Networks, Etc In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Know About Web 2 Sms by SaintTosin: 9:26am On Oct 15, 2008
I have been using web 2 SMS to contact my UK crew since the time of Tiscali in the 90's before we have GSM in nigeria. Gradually Nigeria advanced to GSM and we got our own SMS gateway, good news is it is fun and saves money to send SMS via phone but it is way cheaper to send it via the WEB (internet), not forgetting the ease of sending in BULK and also the ability to customize senders name.

I just want to give you some web to sms websites we have and what you should consider before signing in for anyone. I have my preferred and I'm not putting that on you. just that you might want to select yours too based on these rules:

* 1- Generally (apart from promo), the cheapest GSM SMS now is N5.00 (same network), you shouldn't be paying more than that also for web 2 sms
    * 2- The e-commerce is gradually taking over Nigeria society, it's better to sign up where you can buy sms and pay online instantly
    * 3- Some offers you free sms to test their service, seems like a good idea too
    * 4- Inquire about gateway. You will use more than 1 units to send 1 sms to some networks on a local route, but 1 unit equals 1 sms on global route
    * 5- We can't erase the fact that even the big companies have issues with customer services. try to go for who will respond fast to your complains
    * 6- Some offer referral programs, not a bad idea also but don't get carried away by free credits thereby inviting your friends into a pit
    * 7- Some have desktop application to send sms straight from your pc. This is also good, especially for corporate bodies
    * 8- Some of them have minimum purchase of 1000, some 100, some 20. I can't comment on this, use your discretion here
    * 9- Avoid spammers. Its easier to track merchants of following payments: Interswitch, etranzact and VTN. Bank is also permissible, Paypal, , LR, etc,  you are ON YOUR OWN

Some of the web 2 sms in nigeria:
www.staffmessaging.com
www.smslive247.com
www.smsjunction.com

let me know if this is helpful and add others that you might know. Its all about information
Regards
Re: What You Should Know About Web 2 Sms by damickey(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2015
Nice Article Saint Tosin... Just to add to your awesome article....http://www.mysmslive247.com also offer same service

(1) (Reply)

Multilinks Nokia Confirgured 24 Hours Internet Browsing Mobile Phone For Sale / New Laptops At Cheap Prices (hurry, Limited Stock Available) / London Used Iphone3g 16gb Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.