Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,282 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down (5003 Views)

How Will You Rank These Three Universities, OAU, UI, And UNILAG? / Unillorin Tops Ibadan In April University Rankings At VNTI / African University Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by dubxy(m): 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
up 'better by far' proud to be student of unilorin
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by GboyegaD(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

Biko, go and attack Bolaji that made the statement not me.

He exhibited 'OAU' students inferiority complex.

Did you read the part of your post I quoted? Again, I repeat, "eniti o ni iru eni, o le mo iyi eni" and that is why you feel an Ife Student is insecured when deep in your heart you know so well that you are jealous of them.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
GboyegaD:

Did you read the part of your post I quoted? Again, I repeat, "eniti o ni iru eni, o le mo iyi eni" and that is why you feel an Ife Student is insecured when deep in your heart you know so well that you are jealous of them.

Jealous for what?

Where in my post did I say 'OAU' Students are insecure. I only buttressed the post bolaji made. Isn't it obvious that bolaji exhibited inferiority complex when he said about not going to think twice before switching to UNILORIN if a chance is given?
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Samgreguc: THIS RANKING IS BY WEB POPULARITY not ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE.
I think private unis should lead becos people failed jamb lst yr and this yr.
grin
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by HoluwadareY(m): 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Thank God 4 d sch,d sch dat was once looked down on by stds of UI,UNILAG N OAU is nw d most sort afta sch n also d best uni in Nigeria...I Rep...ENGINEBOYS @SWEP14...BETTER BY FAR!
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by kestolove95(m): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Oduduwa university ranking
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by ModoetForma(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
eledacedar: FTC............... Tanke, tipper garage, PS, Mini(those days)

Probitas doctrina.......... Better by far.

The only university in Nigeria without ASUU strike for over 12 years.

You on point jor Probitas doctrina...Oke odo, sanrab, tipper garage, the ever busy post office towards challenge. Studying medicine tho. UITH now relocated towards oke oyi, Oke ose
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by GboyegaD(m): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

Jealous for what?

Where in my post did I say 'OAU' Students are insecure. I only buttressed the post bolaji made. Isn't it obvious that bolaji exhibited inferiority complex when he said about not going to think twice before switching to UNILORIN if a chance is given?

That is no inferiority complex. Truth is as individuals sometimes, we have out choices and likes which may be different from what is available to us as such, he alone knows the reason why he made the statement and cannot be termed as a complex issue. Besides, when did one person become a basis for concluding for thousands of people?
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by bolaji73(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

But the whole ranking is still by web presense sha.

Reasons why you wanna switch to UNILORIN? Because they are free from ASUU strike not academic excellence. What else?

Oau admit best student in p.utme. Unilorin P.utme is all about how good you are in English and current affair. And aswear, brilliant lads and lass will not be admitted in UNILORIN.

Btw, who cares

OAU are known by their inferiority complex and nothing else. gringrin

Great Ife my bum bum.

Make 'Great Ife' students on this forum catch you for that statement @bolded. You go hear am. smiley
One of the bane to constructive criticism is ignorance. I pushed a trivial intellective challenge
to your cognitive domain but you flopped up.
why say a school tops as a result of much patronage from web presence when there are other schools that beat them hands down on that? where do you put the likes of NOUN that performs virtually all operation online? guess you will reason sentiment at work.
As per the method unilorin uses to select candidates, each man sticks to what suites him. I believe if that system had been faulty,it would have been changed. Though, I give more respect to Oau selection procedures but that doesn't mean it's immune from imperfection.
I laughed in ijesha when you said Oau admit best students. well,partially, you're right to some extent but I'm still unwary of how some perceived dummies gained admission during the course of my registration.
Dude,did you just say Oau students have inferiority complex? well, if there are something I love about my alma mater:sense of belonging, confidence,pride, self appraisal and motivation will top my likely chart for liking that citadel. An average Oau student believes he is better than his counterparts within the country.so tell me where inferiority complex want to set in? guy please next time always get your fact right before spewing them.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
bolaji73: [s]One of the bane to constructive criticism is ignorance. I pushed a trivial intellective challenge
to your cognitive domain but you flopped up.
why say a school tops as a result of much patronage from web presence when there are other schools that beat them hands down on that? where do you put the likes of NOUN that performs virtually all operation online? guess you will reason sentiment at work.
As per the method unilorin uses to select candidates, each man sticks to what suites him. I believe if that system had been faulty,it would have been changed. Though, I give more respect to Oau selection procedures but that doesn't mean it's immune from imperfection.
I laughed in ijesha when you said Oau admit best students. well,partially, you're right to some extent but I'm still unwary of how some perceived dummies gained admission during the course of my registration.
Dude,did you just say Oau students have inferiority complex? well, if there are something I love about my alma mater:sense of belonging, confidence,pride, self appraisal and motivation will top my likely chart for liking that citadel. An average Oau student believes he is better than his counterparts within the country.so tell me where inferiority complex want to set in? guy please next time always get your fact right before spewing them.[/s]

The criterion for the ranking is clearly stated at the OP.

So, spare me those grammers with lengthy post and shove it into your a'rse. undecided
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by bolaji73(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
GboyegaD:

The grass only looks greener on the other side doesn't suggest it is truly of greater nutrients that your side of the field.
you're right but that's when you have not been to the other side to see the texture. moreover, am an administrative student.I don't think Oau has much to offer me more than what I can collate myself. so, why wasting my time unnecessarily? though her activism is plus for I will like to venture into politics in future.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by bolaji73(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

The criterion for the ranking is clearly stated at the OP.

So, spare me those grammers with lengthy post and shove it into your a'rse. undecided
I just went back to reread the op's. post,unfortunately I couldn't find where the criterion was stipulated. maybe you should do that yourself and highlight the lines that stated thus.
Btw,from your post I realize you don't have the tools to debate on this cos most of your comments are out of point.so, have a good day.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bolaji73, don't be this dumb. Kindly check the second bolded below. Thanks.

Have a nice day Sire. smiley
Davo93: The latest University Ranking of the popular 4iuc.org parades Obafemi Awolowo University as the third best in Nigeria. The ranking means the initially rated best University in the nation dropped two places down. Occupying the leading position now is the University of Ilorin while University of Lagos occupies the second spot. OAU occupies the 26th position in Africa and the 2157th position in the World Ranking.

The backdrop in the performance of Obafemi Awolowo University in this ranking may not be unconnected to the recent closure of the University by the school authority following demonstrations by the students over increment in school fees which manyhas labelled 'Inconsiderable' and 'Outrageous'.

Below are the the top 20 Universities according to the July, 2014 4icu.org Ranking

1 University of Ilorin

2 University of Lagos

3 Obafemi Awolowo University

4 University of Ibadan

5 Landmark University

6 Covenant University

7 Federal University of Technology, Minna

8 University of Benin

9 University of Agriculture, Abeokuta

10 University of Nigeria

11 Madonna University

12 Ahmadu Bello University

13 University of Port Harcourt

14 Federal University of Technology, Akure

15 Rivers State University of Science and Technology

16 Bayero University Kano

17 University of Jos

18 Nnamdi Azikiwe University

19 Redeemer's University

20 University of Maiduguri

4 International Colleges & Universities is an international higher education search engine and directory reviewing accredited Universities and Colleges in the world. 4icu.org includes 11,307 Colleges and Universities, ranked by web popularity, in 200 countries.

http://www.oaupeeps.com/2014/07/latest-university-rankings-oau-drops-to.html
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by GboyegaD(m): 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
bolaji73: you're right but that's when you have not been to the other side to see the texture. moreover, am an administrative student.I don't think Oau has much to offer me more than what I can collate myself. so, why wasting my time unnecessarily? though her activism is plus for I will like to venture into politics in future.

Were you coerced into choosing OAU? How do you mean by the bolded? No school can give you everything you want and all they need do is to provide you with the right foundation you need which I believe is obtainable from any school. Wish you well and do enjoy your stay in Ife.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by emekakelvin(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony:
Biko, go and attack Bolaji that made the statement not me.
He exhibited 'OAU' students inferiority complex.

Kindly define inferiority complex in your own word
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
emekakelvin:

Kindly define inferiority complex in your own word

Lack of self worth.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by emekakelvin(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony:
Lack of self worth.
In regards to your statement and the character you said oau students' exhibit, then I am right to say that you mean "oau" as a school has no value. gringrin Do not retract your word oh.

Some days ago, oauites' came, read and air the opinion that great ife is the best nigeria, but you term them egocentric being----»»»I mean you have always concur that great ife is a product of collective hype from their student.

Do you know what? You just shoot yourself in the foot, because a man of pride is an element of strength, so he gat no issue to compare other strength(which may be seen as decrepit strength) to his.

Do not waiver in what you post dude. Judging from bolaji post, I will suggest you ask him why he's willing to choose unilorin over ife.

In this same content, I am happy for our private unis'
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by tonytony208(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
hilariousdammie:
yeah bro beta by far, gah kunbi, pipeline tanke oke odo

what of post office, maraba, zango, yakuba, oyun, general? pple, don't forget that part o!
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by tonytony208(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Largas:
And you presume private varsities don't employ or have professors?

most of them actually rent professors to come and pose during NUC inspection.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Maj196(m): 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Unilorin on point
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Sallychizzl3: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2014
See as dem dey attack one another. grin tongue

"In love, peace and harmony..." my Alma mata. kiss

I rep Chem Engr, oke-odo, sanrab, Mark, tipper-garage, Tanke Junction.

Probitas doctrina
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by FunnyPikincom(m): 3:09am On Aug 01, 2014
Graduated 2006 from Faculty of Arts, Unilorin Mini Campus... Popularly Called Comrade Plato wink

Mini campus rocks, we dey call those guy ar PS butter student, ours na real pako student, we no dey look security men face,...

RIP to some indegenes' hens, Goat, duck and and even sheep, Guyz dey bleed those days eeeeeh

wont forget EWA (BEANS) DAYS at H Block aka Animal Kingdom grin grin grin

Omo.. it was real fun then, how i wish i could turn back the hands of time embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 01, 2014
tonytony208:

most of them actually rent professors to come and pose during NUC inspection.
you are a better liar than the devil.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:51am On Aug 01, 2014
UNN
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by tonytony208(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Largas:
you are a better liar than the devil.

hahahahaha....you are funny bro. But i know what am yapping about. They don't just rent professors, they also rent equipments. They will inscribe their schools' names on stickers and place such stickers on the equipments to cover up the names of the real owners. After NUC inspections, such stickers are removed and the equipments returned to the real owners and everybody goes home happy.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by hilariousdammie(m): 8:43am On Aug 01, 2014
tonytony208:

what of post office, maraba, zango, yakuba, oyun, general? pple, don't forget that part o!
those ones na for kp kwara poly na
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by tonytony208(m): 8:57am On Aug 01, 2014
hilariousdammie:
those ones na for kp kwara poly na

mba o! Is for medical school
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2014
tonytony208:

hahahahaha....you are funny bro. But i know what am yapping about. They don't just rent professors, they also rent equipments. They will inscribe their schools' names on stickers and place such stickers on the equipments to cover up the names of the real owners. After NUC inspections, such stickers are removed and the equipments returned to the real owners and everybody goes home happy.
I know they cover up some things they don't have by temporarily getting them.
Madonna completes a new building in two months when news of NUC's inspection looms ahead.
They lie to the NUC that school cafeteria sells food items to students for free, when that's not the case.

Be that as it may, Madonna have full-fledged Professors who lecture students.
Professors at Faculty of Pharmacy are females from Phillipines.
They stay beyond NUC's inspection.

I am an Insider and I tell what I know. I can't say for other Private Varsities.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by bolaji73(m): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
FrancisTony: Bolaji73, don't be this dumb. Kindly check the second bolded below. Thanks.

Have a nice day Sire. smiley
my bad!didn't read it to the bottom,but looking it from that view, the ranking still appears controversial as a result of my aforementioned point.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
bolaji73: my bad!didn't read it to the bottom,but looking it from that view, the ranking still appears controversial as a result of my aforementioned point.

It doesn't mean since UNILORIN have a high applicant who choose them in jamb that other Universities which comes after them would also be "Jamb Most Sought After". You gerrit?

Some factors could have giving them an edge on the visit of their website by their Students and visitors/guest.

UNILORIN admits 9,000+ freshers while a school like UI only admit a meagre 3,700. It means UNILORIN boost a high number of undergraduate who visit their website daily. The number of undergraduate admitted yearly by UNILORIN seems as the highest in any Nigerian tertiary instituion. *I might be wrong*

UI boast a high number of POST GRADUATE applicant i.e the school cherish POST GRADUATE studies more than UNDERGARADAUTE and that should be what boosted their web popularity in the ranking because particulary, jambites avoids choosing the school. smiley
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by tom111(m): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hmm,*oya spread mat* the oau e-warrior don arrive,oya let the show begin! Gbaguaaann!!grin

But bolaji u fall my hand ooo,it ought not to be you,I thought u ar feeling this aluta thingy,cos I remember how u reproach michaeltoti for asking when we will resumegrin so na people they change,u ar not a great ife afteralgrin;Dya u only use a week @ the great citedel
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Ashkormissy(f): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
Sallychizzl3: See as dem dey attack one another. grin tongue

"In love, peace and harmony..." my Alma mata. kiss

I rep Chem Engr, oke-odo, sanrab, Mark, tipper-garage, Tanke Junction.

Probitas doctrina
wch yr u bin graduate?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unpaid SIWES N15,000 Allowance / FG Finalizes Deal With Twitter Group. Twitter Is Back!!!!! / Popular UNILORIN Student Beats Female Lecturer Into Coma (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.