Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here (5807 Views)

Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills / NYSC BATCH B14 (delta) Lets Meet Here / Batch B14 OYO State Corp Members Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
For those who have been posted to Taraba let's interact here please

1 Like

Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by chibuezecu(m): 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
For information, redeployment, camp life etc in any Norther state, inbox me:
BB: 221925EC
Or call
Wish you all a successfull service year
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by chibuezecu(m): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
For information, redeployment, camp life etc in any Northern state, inbox me:
BB: 221925EC
Or call
Wish you all a successfull service year
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by obiscapula(m): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Taraba here
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Tundephish(m): 11:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hi guys, fish from lasu. Please let's talk about the transportation. 74A62FE0. Contact me
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Baxoby: 1:04am On Jul 31, 2014
pls guys hw long does it take to travel from calabar to jalingo nd pls any one hia from calabar posted to taraba shud try nd reach me through dis no:07034459478, let rub minds on hw to get to camp,pls treat as urgent
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Baxoby: 1:14am On Jul 31, 2014
pls I need sum 1 to give me a brief insight about life as a corper in taraba state,I ve just been posted dia
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 31, 2014
Baxoby: pls I need sum 1 to give me a brief insight about life as a corper in taraba state,I ve just been posted dia
yea pls, someone should with a brief insight
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 31, 2014
Baxoby: pls I need sum 1 to give me a brief insight about life as a corper in taraba state,I ve just been posted dia
yea pls, someone should help with a brief insight
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Anyone 4rm Abia here?
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by infinitemiles: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
I served in taraba state, we camped in one govt. day secondary school like that along donga road, thou I enjoyed serving their for more info contact me on 08036211097. got busy can't type much
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by hotboss: 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
From UNIBEN posted to taraba state also,,my bb pin 32E37D18
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by solvetor: 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
I have been posted to Taraba,

Guys lets make this house lively pls
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by TheCode(m): 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Taraba dude here ... peeps are freaking out except me wink

But o... is the place that bad? or even a lil bit bad..? even a wee bit??
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 01, 2014
I hear they pay 10k
Not sure
Can anybody confirm if its true
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by brazil01(m): 7:29am On Aug 01, 2014
Taraba is not realy bad. Its a peaceful town as long as u r not posted to wukari LGA.
Was reluctant coming here but now I work here and am realy enjoying it.
Wish u guys a wonderful posting year. 08126363641
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Aregbeazeez: 8:44am On Aug 01, 2014
Posted to Taraba, kinda freak out, with the security issue in the North. Abeg, is Taraba really safe from BH issue? if U have served in Taraba before, please share your experience. will really appreciate.
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Adechyno(m): 11:34am On Aug 01, 2014
mightyfada: I hear they pay 10k
Not sure
Can anybody confirm if its true
Very true... Served in Taraba, 2013 Batch B'
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Adechyno(m): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2014
Aregbeazeez: Posted to Taraba, kinda freak out, with the security issue in the North. Abeg, is Taraba really safe from BH issue? if U have served in Taraba before, please share your experience. will really appreciate.
BH is not a threat in Taraba State. Their major barrier is ethnic fight/crisis, in some certain areas. Over 20 languages are spoken in the State. One of the best place to serve in Taraba State is Takum Local Govt. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Jimwalex(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
i got dis frm nysc taraba website..
Information For Prospective Corps
Members
Welcome to Taraba State "Nature Gift to Nation"
It is yet another service year and you have been
posted to serve Nigeria in Taraba State. Whilst we
appreciate your apprehension as you make the
transition from a partial or total dependence on
family to a life of partial or total independence from
family and familiar culture, we assure you of our
support to make your service year a worthwhile
experience.
Accept our congratulations on the successful
completion of your academic pursuit that has
qualified you for mobilization to this dignifying task
of nation building. With the right attitude, a
commitment to leave your mark in the sands of
time and an ‘eye for opportunities’ the next one
year can be an exciting adventure of possibilities.
Welcome to the natures gift to the nation. We hope
you will make it your gift: build bridges of
relationships, seize opportunities you find, impact
positively the lives that you come across and
model the values and convictions that your parents
and sponsors will be proud of.
On Arrival to Jalingo
On arrival to Jalingo, the Taraba State capital, take
a public transport, (taxi, keke napep) and ask to be
taken to Government College, Jalingo. The
temporary NYSC Orientation camp.
On Arrival to NYSC Orientation Camp
You will be expected to identify yourself and will
go through some security checks to ensure no one
with evil intensions is allowed into the camp
ground, so be very polite and cooperate fully with
the security personnel at the gate.
After the security checks at the gate, you will go
through a process of registration. From experience,
those who are fully prepared for this registration
process are quick to finish their registration and
settle down to camp life.
So, to have an easy passage through the
registration process, make sure that you have
original and photocopies of all your documents,
passport photographs and evidence of completion
of internship for doctors and pharmacists.
Orientation Camp Experience
The orientation course is a regimented
programme, you will be exposed to parades, drills
and Man “O” War. In addition you will wake up
earlier than you are used to. You will also receive
lectures on a wide range of areas which include
the culture and people of Taraba State, the
economy, geography of Taraba and a lot more. All
trainings are designed to equip you both physically
and mentally to face the challenges of national
service. Sporting and social events will also be
part of the activities on camp to create time for
you to relax and get to know each other well.
You are expected to be good ambassadors of your
parents and your institutions of learning. Avoid
anything that has to do with cultism and any act
capable of breaching peace on camp. Be obedient
to all camp rules and regulations by being regular
and punctual at all camp activities.
All services on the camp are Free. You do not have
to pay for your kits, accommodation and feeding.
Posting to areas of primary assignment is your
right, do not lobby or pay for it. We have a team of
dedicated members of staff and other camp
officials who are always ready to help you out in
cases of difficulty. Feel free to approach them when
the need arises.
We wish you a memorable orientation course. We
want you to understand that abstinence remains
the best protection against HIV/AIDS. Be vigilant
and alert camp officials of any suspicious behavior
of persons around or attended baggage’s.
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Jimwalex(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
also be aware dat we are advised to open saving acct in some bank as there would not be cash payment after orientation camp..
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by hotboss: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
brazil01: Taraba is not realy bad. Its a peaceful town as long as u r not posted to wukari LGA.
Was reluctant coming here but now I work here and am realy enjoying it.
Wish u guys a wonderful posting year. 08126363641

You mean afta ur NYSC you r now working there?
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by TheCode(m): 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
Adechyno: Very true... Served in Taraba, 2013 Batch B'

U served there just last yr?? great! U are the sort of people we need on this thread! (*dusts ur chair and brings u a glass of wine*) Please fill us in bros. No detail is too much. Most of us are scared of anything North. Hws the people like? Are they xenophobics? Industries? The food? U said they pay 10k, is it every month or at the end of service? hws accomodation like? Which LGAs are a no-no? etc? pls

1 Like

Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by TheCode(m): 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
Although anyhow anyhow, nothing dey happen, but we need to be informed... more informed.
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Adechyno(m): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
TheCode:

U served there just last yr?? great! U are the sort of people we need on this thread! (*dusts ur chair and brings u a glass of wine*) Please fill us in bros. No detail is too much. Most of us are scared of anything North. Hws the people like? Are they xenophobics? Industries? The food? U said they pay 10k, is it every month or at the end of service? hws accomodation like? Which LGAs are a no-no? etc? pls
Xenophobic? No, they are very far from that. They like strangers, especially corp members. The girls loves corpers.

Industries? Capital letter NO... The only place you can find one or two industries is Jalingo, their state capital. Most corpers serves in schools..

Food? Food is very very cheap. Thou, the people food is Tuwo. Buh, you can find ur taste of food to eat in the market or buy to eat, if u serve in town. Cow meat is one of the cheapest item there. Also, if you are that kind that drinks, u are good to go. They have lots of fresh palm wine for u.

State Allowance: Its monthly. They pay quick. No delay.

Accommodation: House issue no be problem.
If u serve in a remote area, accommodation is free. But if u serve in town, u are likely to pay, and if lucky, ur ppa might provide for u.

LGA: Wukari is a very beautiful place to be, but unfortunately, its a no-go area. Crisis!!! They have 16 LGA in Taraba. Many of the local government areas have not witness electricity since its creation. Make sure u get posted to any of these LGA: Takum, Zing, Jalingo, Ussa(Lissam). Gembu is another fine place, buh very faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. Aswear' No dull ursef for camp. Get close to ur platoon officer and platoon commander. Na dem dey do the runs...

Take note: No matter where you are coming from. Taraba is far. Even in taraba, u can travel a six hour jorny on a good road(car).

In a simple sentence, I call mine 'a worthy experience' I served in ussa LGA, KPAMBO.

4 Likes

Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by TheCode(m): 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Adechyno: Xenophobic? No, they are very far from that. They like strangers, especially corp members. The girls loves corpers.

Industries? Capital letter NO... The only place you can find one or two industries is Jalingo, their state capital. Most corpers serves in schools..

Food? Food is very very cheap. Thou, the people food is Tuwo. Buh, you can find ur taste of food to eat in the market or buy to eat, if u serve in town. Cow meat is one of the cheapest item there. Also, if you are that kind that drinks, u are good to go. They have lots of fresh palm wine for u.

If u serve in a remote area, accommodation is free. But if u serve in town, u are likely to pay, and if lucky, ur ppa might provide for u.

LGA: Wukari is a very beautiful place to be, but unfortunately, its a no-go area. Crisis!!! They have 16 LGA in Taraba. Many of the local government areas have not witness electricity since its creation. Make sure u get posted to any of these LGA: Takum, Zing, Jalingo, Ussa(Lissam). Gembu is another fine place, buh very faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. Aswear' No dull ursef for camp. Get close to ur platoon officer and platoon commander. Na dem dey do the runs...

Take note: No matter where you are coming from. Taraba is far. Even in taraba, u can travel a six hour jorny on a good road(car).

In a simple sentence, I call mine 'a worthy experience' I served in ussa LGA, KPAMBO.

Thanks a mil bro! Adechyno for President 2015 grin

2 Likes

Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Adechyno: Xenophobic? No, they are very far from that. They like strangers, especially corp members. The girls loves corpers.

Bro you are the best joor! U don talk every every, true true we go vote u presido!
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2014

But e remain one thing o! Hw about water Supply?
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by faamo419: 11:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
If u r been posted to taraba pls whatapp me... 08052110407.. My name is walbam..

Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by brazil01(m): 7:38am On Aug 02, 2014
If u have any question regarding NYSC in taraba including monthly Alawi, call dis number n ask politely. She is currently serving in taraba. Jalingo local govt.
Re: Taraba State Batch B14 Let's Meet Here by brazil01(m): 7:38am On Aug 02, 2014
If u have any question regarding NYSC in taraba including monthly Alawi, call dis number n ask politely. She is currently serving in taraba. Jalingo local govt. 08039516279

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BUK Release Their Batch B Mobilisation List / Batch 'b' 2016 Nysc Mobilization Registration / For Those That Are To Wait Till July Let Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.