Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,937 members, 7,956,523 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members (15517 Views)

Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members / Osun State 2014 NYSC Batch B Stream II / POP Date For This Current Batch B Corp Members.......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2014
timilehing: Camp conditions ar not that bad for an average Nigerian. Try to join camp activities or it'll all be boring tru out the camping period
thanks
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 8:56am On Aug 02, 2014
salimat: I am also going all d way to Anambra......am moving on Monday with Abc transport jibowu.......
okay we meet dere. Which schl did you finish from?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2014
salimat: I am also going all d way to Anambra......am moving on Monday with Abc transport jibowu.......

Sorry, r u male or female?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by adaybayor(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2014
graduated from FUNAAB and posted to anambra....
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by hormohthorlarny: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Am Tolani,also posted to anambra batch b...also don't know anything about anambra
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hi peeps,

I'd like to welcome you new prospective corpers to Anambra state, the 'Light of the Nation', as they say.

I'm a Batch 'C' 2013 corper, serving in Awka, waiting to hand over the baton to you guys. So we are waiting for you, ready to welcome you with open arms, and all our love.

I'd try as much as possible to answer all your questions.

So once again, we're waiting for you guys.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by hormohthorlarny: 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by hormohthorlarny: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
Is d state very ok and comfortable?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
hormohthorlarny: Is d state very ok and comfortable?

First and foremost, I'm from the South-West, and coming here was foreign for me. But so far, it's been fun and exciting. Part of me doesn't even want to leave Anambra by the time I'm done.

The State is okay, and the present administration is really trying to make things better.

The peeps here are quite welcoming. I've had a taste of both sides...the urban and the rural. I was posted to Awka with no stress, no pun intended. But as far as I have seen anyway, Awka can be boring. So I tend to spend more of my time in the villages with my friends.

The question of whether it would be 'okay and comfortable' depends on a number of factors, chief of which is where you're posted to. But for now, I think we'd talk about that later.

The most paramount thing for now is getting to camp, settling down, and enjoying your stay for your first 3 weeks in Anambra, at least for most of you.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
Wiseracre:

Sorry, r u male or female?
how much is the fair and what time would be leaving would like to join you guys. I would be in lag 2mao
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
chnovpaul: Hi peeps,

I'd like to welcome you new prospective corpers to Anambra state, the 'Light of the Nation', as they say.

I'm a Batch 'C' 2013 corper, serving in Awka, waiting to hand over the baton to you guys. So we are waiting for you, ready to welcome you with open arms, and all our love.

hows getting accommodation and is glo network good there
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
easrael: kissI'm posted there too from the University of Lagos. My questions are:
1. Where can I get affordable transportation to Anambra in Lagos State.
2.How much is the fare?
3. Is there an ATM in that camp
4. General Camp description and direction there.

As far as I know, transportation from anywhere in the SW to Anambra is between 2.5k and 3.5k.

You would always get transport to Onitsha from anywhere in the SW. BTW, Onitsha is the first port of call in Anambra state. The orientation camp is along the expressway between Onitsha to Awka, the state capital, and on to Enugu. In your own best interest, I'd advise that you take a vehicle going to Enugu and drop at the orientation camp junction at Umunya, Oyi LGA. I had a funny experience on my way to camp too...so wouldn't want any of you to have it. And funny enough, there really isn't much difference between the T.fare to Enugu and Onitsha, probably 200 or 300 naira diff.

There's no ATM in camp, unless you wanna bring yours from home wink

General camp description? Well, it's along the expressway. Just a short distance from the express, along an untarred dusty or muddy path. Once you arrive at the junction, there would be bikes waiting to ferry you in.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by misterkay(m): 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello guys, Who is going from Rivers State to Anambra?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by bissy000: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
am also posted to anambra.I will be moving on Monday with okeyson transport at iyana ipaja.

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by brownkenny(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
Everglo transport limited... We have direct bus from lagos to the following states orientation camp ground. Abia, imo, anambra, delta, ebonyi, Enugu, bayelsa, River,. We pick students from unilag gate and jibowu in our terminal. Pls book frm now to till monday. Call us on 08029961517, 08057498852, booking on time will enable us to certain no of people who will be going on a particular states. We have sienna cars and buses. For enquiry pls call the numbers above. 5th of August is the date
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
kennykg:
how much is the fair and what time would be leaving would like to join you guys. I would be in lag 2mao

dnt knw nothing abt the fare for now, buh someone from the state told me like 3500 shld take me to onitsha from ib here. Will be leaving from Ibadan on Tuesday bro...
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 9:56pm On Aug 02, 2014

How much do they pay corpers, how is the mammi market and wht kinda food is common and easy to come by?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
bissy000: am Ronke.am also posted to anambra.I will be moving on Monday with okeyson transport at iyana ipaja.

Welcome aboard Ronke, wht sch did u finish from?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
chnovpaul:

As far as I know, transportation from anywhere in the SW to Anambra is between 2.5k and 3.5k.

You would always get transport to Onitsha from anywhere in the SW. BTW, Onitsha is the first port of call in Anambra state. The orientation camp is along the expressway between Onitsha to Awka, the state capital, and on to Enugu. In your own best interest, I'd advise that you take a vehicle going to Enugu and drop at the orientation camp junction at Umunya, Oyi LGA. I had a funny experience on my way to camp too...so wouldn't want any of you to have it. And funny enough, there really isn't much difference between the T.fare to Enugu and Onitsha, probably 200 or 300 naira diff.

There's no ATM in camp, unless you wanna bring yours from home wink

General camp description? Well, it's along the expressway. Just a short distance from the express, along an untarred dusty or muddy path. Once you arrive at the junction, there would be bikes waiting to ferry you in.

Thanks bro, this is really helpful. think, i'l Hav to take enugu directly from Ibadan then.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
hormohthorlarny: Hello

HI Tolani, waddup? Welcom aboard...wht sch did u finish frm?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
adaybayor: graduated from FUNAAB and posted to anambra....

Welcome bro...

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2014

una do well, pls @nyt can one change 4rm the white uniform n camp to somethng else? Coz cold dey dat side
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by slimkay83(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Paul...Thanks a lot
What can you say about accommodation both in both the rural and urban areas you have visited
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
tobybasten: una do well, pls @nyt can one change 4rm the white uniform n camp to somethng else? Coz cold dey dat side

Lolz...camp is fun. You'll surely have all sorts of crazy experiences.

In camp, they'll definitely ask you to always remain in your whites 24/7, but who wants to wear his own whites to the bathroom or the loo wink
Once you are within your hostels, you can wear anything (don't quote me o). The only drawback is if the soldiers decide to face your own hostel at 12 midnight on that day, and ask all of you to file out, God help you if you're found wearing mufti.

On Sundays, you may be allowed to wear mufti officially till 2.00pm, but it all depends on the Camp Director.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by jeezey(m): 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
To all of u.. Posted to Anambra.. Is a nice place and pple there are loving and caring pple...u will enjoy the camp.. Is a nice place atleast for an average Nigerian.. If U want to be posted to Akwa or Onitsha.. U must know how to beat drum and join boys brigade grp... Or u join OBS (broadcast-ng) or u join NYSC Anambra football Team..or NySC drama troop.. Any pple that known how do Dis and join them will be posted to state capital or Onitsha... Note: don't influence ur posting.. State Govt is paying #5800.. U will really enyoy mami market if u ave ur money..Igbo can cook very well..bitter leaf soup..... Na only anambra state u can't have money and stil tour all anambra without paying deem.. They really respect corpers... Presently serving... Ire ooo gud luck..330AA260
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 11:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
jeezey: To all of u.. Posted to Anambra.. Is a nice place and pple there are loving and caring pple...u will enjoy the camp.. Is a nice place atleast for an average Nigerian.. If U want to be posted to Akwa or Onitsha.. U must know how to beat drum and join boys brigade grp... Or u join OBS (broadcast-ng) or u join NYSC Anambra football Team..or NySC drama troop.. Any pple that known how do Dis and join them will be posted to state capital or Onitsha... Note: don't influence ur posting.. State Govt is paying #5800.. U will really enyoy mami market if u ave ur money..Igbo can cook very well..bitter leaf soup..... Na only anambra state u can't have money and stil tour all anambra without paying deem.. They really respect corpers... Ire ooo gud luck.. Any help!

Thanks man for the headup...does it mean that ppl that try influence their posting usually get dissapointed? Would Hav really love to join the boys brigade but cant really beat drum well...drama aint my thing and I dnt like broadcasting...any hope for me
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Udyelle(f): 11:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hi guys, congrats on your posting to anambra..I jas passed out from there
1. There are NO ATMS on camp...so gather as much money as you can to last got three weeks..
2. Be wary of anambra people..they will stop at nothing but finish your money especially those going thru onitsha.
3. The camp is very cold do well to protect yourself and be security conscious as 'things' happen in camp...its not that safe
4. If you want to be posted to awka, you have to join any of the groups in camp like ..OBS, Band, Dance and Drama etc...I was in OBS, ended up in awka...there's natin spectacular about the place and its quite expensive
5. Make sure you go with everything you need including stapler and pin cos you will need them...don't bother about electrical appliances cos most hostels don't have sockets
6. Don't show yourself too much even your father is the president...you dunno who you may insult in camp.
7. Be yourself...Batch B is always the best...I was a batch B corper....the camp will be boring if you want it to be and will be interesting if you want it to be...feel free to mail me for any other questions...I hope I have been helpful
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 12:00am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle: Hi guys, congrats on your posting to anambra..I jas passed out from there
1. There are NO ATMS on camp...so gather as much money as you can to last got three weeks..
2. Be wary of anambra people..they will stop at nothing but finish your money especially those going thru onitsha.
3. The camp is very cold do well to protect yourself and be security conscious as 'things' happen in camp...its not that safe
4. If you want to be posted to awka, you have to join any of the groups in camp like ..OBS, Band, Dance and Drama etc...I was in OBS, ended up in awka...there's natin spectacular about the place and its quite expensive
5. Make sure you go with everything you need including stapler and pin cos you will need them...don't bother about electrical appliances cos most hostels don't have sockets
6. Don't show yourself too much even your father is the president...you dunno who you may insult in camp.
7. Be yourself...Batch B is always the best...I was a batch B corper....the camp will be boring if you want it to be and will be interesting if you want it to be...feel free to mail me for any other questions...I hope I have been helpful

Thanks bro,Howz the accommodation like in AKWA and onitsha? Can u give a budget range?

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Udyelle(f): 12:15am On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Thanks bro,Howz the accommodation like in AKWA and onitsha? Can u give a budget range?

I'm a lady not a broh....as regards accommodation...a self contain can go for as much as N60k upward depending on the location...I don't really know about onitsha but I'm guessing it may be more expensive there
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 12:19am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle:

I'm a lady not a broh....as regards accommodation...a self contain can go for as much as N60k upward depending on the location...I don't really know about onitsha but I'm guessing it may be more expensive there

Oh! Sorry, u dint specify ur gender. Thanks for the info...wld really prefered to serve in a private firm. Any suggestion
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Udyelle(f): 12:23am On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Oh! Sorry, u dint specify ur gender. Thanks for the info...wld really prefered to serve in a private firm. Any suggestion

No offense taken....well this time the DG has approved private firms to take corpers...if you know a firm that could take you I suggest you tell them to write to the state coordinator and have someone take it to camp to request your working with them, that will save the stress of having to do that when you leave camp
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 12:26am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle:

No offense taken....well this time the DG has approved private firms to take corpers...if you know a firm that could take you I suggest you tell them to write to the state coordinator and have someone take it to camp to request your working with them, that will save the stress of having to do that when you leave camp

Thanks, guess i'l hav to start searching then...I hate teaching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. / 731 Corpers Test Positive For COVID-19 – Presidential Task Force / Corps Members Appreciate Woman With Marching Parade For Providing Water(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.