Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Can Anyone Recommend A Book Like "Things Fall Apart" But With Yoruba Slant? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Can Anyone Recommend A Book Like "Things Fall Apart" But With Yoruba Slant? (709 Views)

Things Fall Apart VS Arrow Of God (pics) / Is “Things Fall Apart” Really Chinua Achebe's Best Work? / Achebe's Things Fall Apart Named One Of 50 Most Influential Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Recommend A Book Like "Things Fall Apart" But With Yoruba Slant? by Ilelobola: 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Just what the title says, I have just read this book again and will be reading the rest in the trilogy. I've enjoyed the insight into what must the Ibo culture before colonialisation.

Can anyone recommend similar books with an insight into the Yoruba culture or perhaps even Nigeria pre colonisation and during? Preferably written as novels.

Thanks.
Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Book Like "Things Fall Apart" But With Yoruba Slant? by vikaosi: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ilelobola: Just what the title says, I have just read this book again and will be reading the rest in the trilogy. I've enjoyed the insight into what must the Ibo culture before colonialisation.

Can anyone recommend similar books with an insight into the Yoruba culture or perhaps even Nigeria pre colonisation and during? Preferably written as novels.

Thanks.

Try Amos Tutuola's Palm Wine Drinkard or Soyinka's Death and King's Horseman
Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Book Like "Things Fall Apart" But With Yoruba Slant? by Ilelobola: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Thank you.
Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Book Like "Things Fall Apart" But With Yoruba Slant? by Makanjuolaa(m): 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Go for "The gods are no to blame" by ola rotimi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wáka To The Whiteman! / the Weird And Paranoid circle / Defining Greatness: The Illusion Of Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.