Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (25229 Views)

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / ¤Strange Saga¤- A Short Story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2014
seunviju: Ghen ghen,love wan tintin is about yo start.nice update dear

Lol...you and love ehn....
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2014
Two more Chapters to go...........
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
vonn: Two more Chapters to go...........
##waiting patiently.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2014

Two months later, Yvonne did not call and Julian forgot everything about her.

Things were moving as usual. Julian was working hard to the best of his ability.

As a bright young man, he did not find it difficult in learning.

"The manager wants to see you in his office." A fellow corps member informed him. True to the information, the desk telephone rang out.

"Mr Cole, can I see you right away."

"Yes sir." When he arrived, he opened the door and was ushered in.

"Mr Cole, I want you to make this delivery to Mr Phil of PHIZ company. You know him I suppose."

"Very well sir."

"I'm asking you to do this because my P.A is out."

"Julian." A female voice called out.
He had not noticed that someone else was in the office so he was startled a bit.

"Oh my God." He couldn't help exclaiming.

"Long time. Where have you been?" Yvonne asked but was interrupted by the manager.

"Sorry dad. He was the one I told you about that saved me at the market." Yvonne explained.

"Oh! You know I'm not always familiar with people's first names. Thank you very much for your help to my daughter." He told Julian in appreciation.

"It was nothing sir, but all the same, you're welcome." He replied smiling.
Yvonne too had not ceased smiling since she called his name.

"Urgh.....here." The manager placed a brown envelope and a small briefcase on his table.
"Make sure it is delivered directly to him and right on time." He directed.

"Yes sir." Julian responded, picked the items and left.

"Dad, I never knew we still have good hearts in this country till that day." Yvonne said and the father just nodded.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
Julian was at the exit door of the building when he saw Yvonne walking towards him.

"Did you come with your car?" She asked and Julian nodded.

"Can you please drop me off at home?" She requested quietly. Julian thought for a while.

"It depends....I'll have to make the delivery first." He explained.

"I don't mind. I can wait."

"Okay then."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"So he's your father." Julian said, referring to the manager and Yvonne nodded.
A bit later, Julian's face portrayed confusion as he drove out of the premises.
It was as if Yvonne read his thought.

"I prefer staying with my aunt to my dad. That's why I don't live with him. But I do pay him visits a times shaa." That statement explained Julian's confused state of mind and he nodded.

For a few minutes none of them said a word. Finally, Julian broke the silence.

"It's been two months since I saw you but you never called me for once. Why?"

"I'm sorry. I should have, but I kind of lost the card." She explained.

"I see." was all Julian could mutter.

In no time they got to their destination and Julian left with the briefcase and envelope while Yvonne offered to wait in the car.

It took him an hour before he came back. Yvonne who had been sleeping woke at the sound of the car door as he shut it.

"What took you so long." She asked rubbing her temple.

"I had to wait. He was with some important people, I was told." He replied.
Just then his phone rang, it was Yvonne's father. He slowed the car a bit.

"Sir."

"Are you done?" He asked.

"Yes sir."

"There's a lot of work to be done today and you should not be out this long." He notified Julian.
"Report to the office right away." He added.

"Sir.....Yvonne is here." Julian blurted out before he could stop himself.

"My daughter? Doing what?" He queried.

"Nothing sir. I saw her on my way and decided to help her home." Julian lied.
Well, it wasn't actually a lie. He did see her on his way, out of the office though, and decided to take her home.
There was few seconds of silence before the manager finally talked.

"Get back here as soon as possible."

"Why did you mention that I was with you? My dad is very protective over me. He thinks I'm still a kid. With this phone call, he must be having ideas." She complained slumping into the seat.

Julian took a quick glance at her and chuckled.
"What's funny?"

"You're not a kid any longer, I agree. But you'll forever be his kid, you should know that."

"Hmm....whatever." She rolled her eyes and Julian chuckled once more.

"Next time I'm with you, don't mention my name oo, okay?" She warned.

"Next time....okay." He replied. Yvonne on realising what she said tried to retract the statement.

"Well, I didn't mean next time....maybe.....emm...." She stammered.

"There's nothing wrong in us having a next time. Infact I'm looking forward to that day." Julian said to her surprise.

"Me too." She shyly added after a while. There was silence till they got to her house and stopped.

"Hope you don't mind my asking for your number this time around since you misplaced mine."

"No, you can have it, though I said I was sorry."

"Your already forgiven." Julian took her phone as she stretched her hand. He stored his phone contact and gave himself a missed call with it.

"So when are you going back to school?"

"Are you trying to chase me away?" Yvonne teased.
"I just came back yesterday." She continued. "But I'll stay up to two weeks before leaving." She explained.

"Then we'll be seeing each other."

"That's what it is." She replied coolly. Just as she finished, his phone started ringing again.

"This is trouble, your dad!" He exclaimed.

"Well, you have to get going now before you get your arse spanked." She mocked. Julian stretched and gave her a peck.

"Later, okay?"

"Yea, bye." She said and got out of the car just as Julian picked the call.

"Sir, I'm on my way." He almost shouted and the call ended.

Putting the car in motion, he gave a last look and wave at Yvonne whom at that time was laughing and waving at him.

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 12:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Nawa for this yvonne father o,wetin self.well done o jare dear,nice update
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2014
............And my BIS expires today.
So sad.
Seems there will be a short break till I get back.
I'll figure it out fast
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 11:06am On Aug 15, 2014
vonn: ............And my BIS expires today.
So sad.
Seems there will be a short break till I get back.
I'll figure it out fast
Alright...Waiting right here....Wait, send me your account no. wink undecided
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
dammygoody: Alright...Waiting right here....Wait, send me your account no. wink undecided
I believe God will provide my dear....
I have an email acc
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
CHAPTER SEVEN

Yvonne led him to the sitting room which was richly furnished and offered him a seat.

"This tells me that you have a very good taste." He complimented.

"Not me. It's my aunt's work. The funny part is that if an item moves an inch from its initial position, she'll know and you must put it back in the right way." She laughed.

Julian had paid her a visit that weekend as was agreed to by both of them. Her aunt had travelled.

"What do I offer my special visitor?" She asked moving to an inner room.

Few seconds later, she came out with a canned beer steaming with cold air and a soup dish of goat meat prepared with peppery sauce- an african dish known as nkwobi or ngwongwo anu ewu by the Igbos.

"Jeez, Yvie you shouldn't have worried......."

"Oh spare me. You're my visitor and I'll treat you to whatever I want." "Okay tell me, when last did you taste this delicacy?" She asked in a mocking tone.

"Last year." Julian truthfully replied before he noticed Yvonne's expression and understood what she was thinking.

"Go ahead and tease me to your satisfaction."

"But I wasn't. I just asked you a question." She defended grinning.

"I quit, you've won." He said finally.
There was silence as Julian helped himself.

At last he asked after her aunt and brother. She told him her aunt had travelled but would be back the following day.

"My brother....God! I don't know his ways. He is hardly at home and when he comes home, he doesn't stay up to a week before he vanishes again. Dad is even tired of him sef."

Yvonne went on to tell him how bad his brother was and how he had always been from one trouble to another.

Their father had sometimes said he would disown him if he didn't change for better but the case was always the same. She told him how scared she usually was whenever he came home due to his behaviour.

She finally told him how he came back one night with blood stains on his clothe and had warned her not to say a word of what she saw.

"That happened close to a year ago shaa." She concluded leaving a sigh. She had not been open to anyone about that before and wondered why she didn't hesitate much to tell Julian.

Julian was lost after the story. It reminded him of his past and he just shook his head.

"But don't let that bother you." Yvonne told him when she noticed that he was quiet.

"Should I get you more?" She asked when she noticed the plate was almost empty.

"No, thanks. You've done more than enough today. You're a very good cook too." Yvonne blushed at the compliment if that was even possible.

"Maybe one of these days, you'll cook for me."
"I'm very expensive to hire. Are you sure you can foot the bill?"

"Name it." Julian challenged.

"Your car." She said playfully.

"Gosh! That's too much oo. I better continue with my foods."
"Infact let me be sure the car is still there." He said standing up.

Yvonne held him by the hand, dragging him to a halt.

"I'm not a thief, it's still there."

"Mhm... The way you mentioned my car scared me a little." He confessed and they laughed. An air of emotion breezed between them and silence followed.

Slowly, Julian brushed her lips with his and with his eyes searched her face for any expression but it was blank.
He was about to kiss her again when he jerked back.

"We shouldn't be doing this." She lamely remarked for want of something to say.

"I'm sorry." He apologised.
There was silence before Julian decided to leave. Yvonne walked behind as they moved outside.

She was so embarrassed and shy that she couldn't look him in the face as she usually did. She didn't even realise he was talking to her till he stopped and started looking at her.

"What?" She asked when she came back to reality.

"You've not been listening, have you?" She shook her head.
"Sorry." Julian understood and simply nodded.

"I said I'll be travelling but I'll call you before then." He repeated and Yvonne nodded muttering an 'okay'.
She waited till he entered and was gone before she went in.

"Gosh! I just behaved like not more than a fifteen year old teenager." She told herself. She was confused the more when she saw herself smiling later.

"I hope I'm not falling in love with this guy." She whispered as she went about arranging the sitting room, still smiling.

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by jaymomma(f): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Love brewing
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
jaymomma: Love brewing
grin
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by uchebest2006(m): 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nice update!!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
I just hope yvonne brother won't be one of the gang julian belongs to in d past.keep my finger crossed o.well done maam
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by janeso(f): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
Come nd cont nw or......
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by GbemiAjags01(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
Loving this! Na so luff dey start
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
seunviju: I just hope yvonne brother won't be one of the gang julian belongs to in d past.keep my finger crossed o.well done maam
we better keep our fingers crossed ooo

I'm trying to force myself to stop thinking and hoping like that sef.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
Electricity problem in my area for almost 3 days....
Will update once it's rectified.

Thank you
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
vonn: Electricity problem in my area for almost 3 days....
Will update once it's rectified.

Thank you
I'm sorry for not showing up, I've missed a lot... **kinda busy**

Madam Vonn, my swit sister cheesy una weldone oh.. Seunviju, uchebest, Prince awfa na?? I greet thee oh..

I'll cover up as soon as possible, weldone once again, writing nt easy..
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Hawlahscho(m): 1:04am On Aug 18, 2014
tolajumoke, so na here you dey..... me self come late but I go catch up sa. (sitting gently balanced. reading wt full concentration)
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by tolajumoke(f): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2014
Hawlahscho: tolajumoke, so na here you dey..... me self come late but I go catch up sa. (sitting gently balanced. reading wt full concentration)
This guy again!...well u've missed buh u can still cover up
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2014

Julian phoned home earlier informing them that he was coming home and they were eagerly expecting him. He took a week permission from the company which was granted him as a result of his dedication.

Before he left, he was surprised by Yvonne. She gave him a package for his sister and asked him to extend her greetings to other members of the family, which he promised to do.

That day, he was behind the steering for close to twelve long hours, stopping at intervals to rest and eat.
He was clad in his NYSC uniform- a white t-shirt with NYSC boldly inscribed in front, a heavy metal buckled belt which was made to go with the pair of khaki trousers went round his waist keeping the trousers firmly in place. Instead of the orange NYSC boots, he wore a pair of brown shoes and his cap to complete the outfit.
He felt proud in the outfit. He was glad to be of service to his country.

At last, he arrived his destination late in the night. They were very happy that he arrived safely, though very tired and they all admired him in his uniform.

Sasha was all over him, chattering like a monkey, despite her mother's pleas to allow him rest.
She could not wait to tell him how her exams were.

Julian took his shower, ate and then came back to relax like the rest. He remembered something and asked his sister to fetch his bag.
He opened it, took out a wrapped package and handed it over to her.

"It's from a friend of mine. She says happy birthday to you." Sasha was already grinning from ear to ear.

"Your girlfriend?" Duron asked with suspicion. Julian looked at him.

"No Duron, a good friend that happens to be a female."
"A good friend.... I get it." Duron said winking.

"Duron, don't be jealous. Go get yours." Sasha defended,probably because she got a gift from the 'good friend'.

"Eeeeh, don't make me tell them about those....."

"Enough you two. Your brother is tired." Mary interrupted and Julian appreciated her effort with a smile.

He went on to share gifts to other members of the family before they said a prayer of thanksgiving for journey mercy before retiring to bed.

He finally woke up as a result of heavy raps on his door. He knew it would be no other person but Sasha. Sluggishly, he turned around to check the wall clock. It was already 9:20am.

He stretched out on the bed and gathered enough strength before he got out from bed. He remembered that he did not make a call to Yvonne as he promised he would and decided to do that right away.

"Baby how are you?" He asked as soon as he heard her voice.
"Sorry I could not call you yesterday. I got home so late that I was very tired and forgot to do so. Forgive me, please." He apologised.
"Thanks, that's my baby."
"I thought we agreed that it would be when I get back."He put up a frown.
"Alright, that's good." After a while he kept back his phone and left the room.

He walked straight to the kitchen as he perceived the aroma of plantain.

"Sasha wait." He said dipping his hand into the plate and hijacked four slices. He ran off before his sister could hit him with the frying spoon.
He went round the house but realised that his parents were not at home. So he picked his car key and left to the gymnasium nearby.

The few days he stayed at home was not much eventful. At the end, he was glad to get back to Abuja, to a life of service.

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2014

The next day was a saturday so Yvonne decided to pay Julian a visit. She would be travelling back to school the following week so she decided to spend the day with him.

Julian was having a nap when the doorbell rang out. His two house mates had gone out to have fun. He was not expecting anyone so he was surprised to know that he had a visitor.

When he opened the door, his face brightened as he realised that it was Yvonne. Welcoming her with a peck, he ushered her to a seat.

"How was the journey? She asked as she settled down.
"Good. You heard from my sis?" He asked and she nodded.
"I just wish you can stay long." he said after a while and Yvonne looked at him.
"So that you can get to know how good I am in the kitchen." He added and Yvonne laughed.
"Since that's what you want, okay, I'll wait." She accepted.
"Thanks."
They discussed certain things, going as far as arguing in the process just to drive in some points.

After a while, Julian excused himself and headed to the kitchen.
Yvonne used that opportunity to survey the sitting room and few other places in the house. That was her first time of visiting since Julian gave her his address.
Julian kept coming out to check on her at intervals. He brought out his photo album and they both watched before he went back to the kitchen to check on the food.

After about thirty minutes of playing idly with her phone, she moved to the bar and poured herself a glass of wine.
She took a gulp and then filled the glass which she took with her to the kitchen.

"Must be very busy. Can I help?" She volunteered.
"No. But you can stay around and learn." Julian replied smiling.

"He looked up a while later and saw her staring at him with a glass in her hand.
"You drink?" He questioned.
"No, I just want to keep myself busy." Julian only nodded as he came forward.
He took the glass from her hand, winked and then downed the whole content at once before she could protest.

His hand moved to her waist as he placed the glass cup in the sink. Before she knew what was happening, her mouth was already enclosed in his. Many seconds passed before she could gather enough strength to ease away from him. She couldn't deny she enjoyed the kiss but she just had to stop.

"What's wrong?" He asked seeing that she was tensed.
"My dad knows." She said in a whisper.
"Your dad? About what?" a confused Julian asked.
"About us." This last statement made him feel butterflies in his stomach. Yvonne continued.
"He visited when you travelled and found those photographs and some stuffs you sent me. He did not utter a word but his facial expression looked angry. I could not even explain myself." She narrated quietly.

"If that is all, then there is nothing to be worried about. He didn't say a word, did he?" Yvonne shook her head.

"I love you Yvie and nothing's going to change that fact." He assured her.

"I love you too." She replied as he hugged her.

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Love ooh... cool grin

Weldone Vonn...

SeunVIJU how una dey oh?
Tolajumoke I greet thee...

Tee'Dan.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Love ooh... cool grin

Weldone Vonn...

SeunVIJU how una dey oh?

Tee'Dan.
Tee my boo.
You're highly welcome
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oga Temitope me sef hail o,how are u doing?Well done vonn but did you naw see am right when I said love wan tintin
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hmmm lovu nwantintin .
gud job ma'am hope her dad is not gonna b against Dem shaa
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
seunviju: Oga Temitope me sef hail o,how are u doing?Well done vonn but did you naw see am right when I said love wan tintin
grin
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 7:33am On Aug 19, 2014
snowprince07: Hmmm lovu nwantintin .
gud job ma'am hope her dad is not gonna b against Dem shaa
Heheh........is he a learner?
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:11am On Aug 19, 2014
vonn:
Tee my boo.
You're highly welcome
grin
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by tolajumoke(f): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Love ooh... cool grin

Weldone Vonn...

SeunVIJU how una dey oh?

Tee'Dan.
Am loyal sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.