Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (25236 Views)

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / ¤Strange Saga¤- A Short Story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by tolajumoke(f): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
i just hope this their love journey ends well
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2014

"I have to go." She said after a while.
"But.... I just started cooking because of you, now you want to leave." He complained.
"Not if it gets burnt." She teased looking at the direction. Julian almost screamed when he remembered that he had something on fire.
"When will I ever learn?" He muttered under his breathe as he turned off the switch and unplugged the cable.
"I pity your wife because the day she'll talk you into cooking, you'd bring the house down." She mocked him.
"Just wait till you taste my food." He challenged as they went about setting the table.
"Okay let's bet. If it tastes better than mine, I'll double what you paid for mine. But if mine does, you'll do the same. Deal?"
Julian smiled before taking her stretched hand.

On the second spoon, Yvonne couldn't help smiling.
"Hmm... whoever taught you did a great job." She complimented.
"Thanks, I told you. So do I get to keep the prize now?"
"Easy. I'm not a fraudster." She said and both laughed.

They enjoyed the rest of the day together and Julian decided to walk her home around 7pm since her house was not very far from each other. As they walked past the gate into her compound, they met her aunt standing worried infront of the house.

"Yvonne, so you're still alive." She exclaimed, not responding to their greetings.
"Any problem auntie?" Yvonne asked mischievously.
"Any problem? Her aunt mimicked.
"I just have to check my blood pressure tonight. You left your phone in your room and wandered off. I've called your dad twice but he didn't know your whereabouts." She heaved. Julian found the drama amusing. Maybe that was because she was the last child.
They were already in the house when aunt Sarah remembered that Yvonne was with someone.

"My dear, thank you for getting her back safely. Where did you say you found her wandering about?" She mockingly asked.
"Auntie, you're embarrassing me."
"He's my very good friend, Julian...." She finally introduced. Through the introduction, Julian came to know that aunt Sarah was his mum's classmate back in secondary school.
"What a small world." She exclaimed. "I don't joke with my baby, so take very good care of her oo." She added as she left.
"Your aunt is very funny and friendly."
"Yeah. I keep laughing everyday." She concurred. There was silence for a while.

"Yvie I have to get going." He said getting up. "In case your aunt needs my mum's phone number, please give it to her." He requested and she nodded.
"What about the deal?"
"Forget it. I already schooled you today." He boasted.
Infront of the gate she bade him goodnight and watched till he disappeared into the night.

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Still following
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Bekeebest: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
Am waiting.....
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by GbemiAjags01(m): 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Expectant
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
So so so so sorry for my absence. Been without light for a week now. The few times I posted, I had to charge my battery in neighbour's house because I hate to disappoint.
Accept my apology please. Will update tomorrow by God's grace.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Bhummieluv(f): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
vonn: So so so so sorry for my absence. Been without light for a week now. The few times I posted, I had to charge my battery in neighbour's house because I hate to disappoint.
Accept my apology please. Will update tomorrow by God's grace.
Nyc writeup
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2014
I've finally caught up with you guys. You have a lovely story vonn and i love every bit of it. Waiting patiently for more updates.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
CHAPTER EIGHT...........
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Julian walked into the manager's office and sat after being ushered to a seat, wondering why he had been called. Mr Lopez dropped his pen and looked up with folded hands.

"What's going on between you and my daughter?" He asked just as Julian had suspected.
"Yvonne is a very close friend of mine."
Mr Lopez raised an eyebrow. Obviously, he wasn't buying that. His eyes were asking for more.
"I love her." Julian blurted out.
"And you want me to believe that because you helped her the other time?" Julian did not utter a word. He was not expected to. Yvonne's dad went on to create discomfort for him.
At last it was over but Julian felt very angry about the whole discussion.
Feeling downcast, he got up and left. he went about his work though something was amiss. When the day's work was done, he felt relieved. He'd been tired of seeing the manager's office as he walked out with business associates and came in alone.
Surely Julian was the first to exit the building.

He got home feeling awkward about the day's experience that he just slumped into bed and slept off. Later in the night when he was awake preparing himself a meal downstairs, he remembered a message came into his phone on his way home.

He decided to go through it after he had eaten.
He forgot to do that till the following day when he was driving to work.
Without interest, he picked his phone and opened the envelope.
"I can stop you but I really don't want to. I was sad that her brother is not like you. He has never done anything good for her. Do not hurt her please."

Julian was surprised as how things turned within twenty-four hours. He almost could not wait to thank him.

Towards the end of Julian's service, he received a letter from the company's main branch at PortHarcout asking him to take the offer of working with them. That was just what he always prayed for- to start work without delay.

He did not need a second invitation to accept the offer. The manager had offered to help him find a job but he never thought it would be in the same company.

At the end, he travelled to PortHarcout. He was employed without an interview because he was assumed to have undergone that for the past twelve months during his service.

At the age of twenty-seven, he had already worked for two years ans was doing perfectly well. He rarely saw Yvonne like before but they usually spoke on phone. Then she was preparing for her final exam and project defence.

Julian always encouraged her in any way he could. When the results were out, she triumphed with a Second class upper honours. She was the fourth best in her department. Her father decided to throw a party on her success.

It was indeed an evening of enjoyment. When it was time for the toast, it was done in honour of Yvonne's mum who returned from the States. Secondly, for Yvonne's success.

They were about to clink their glass cups together when Julian requested everyone to wait.

"Sir, Ma'am, I hope you'll permit me to do this." He walked slowly to Yvonne, knelt on a knee and produced a case from his pocket.
Opening it, he revealed a diamond ring to Yvonne who at that point was gobsmacked with tears welling up.

"Yvie.... I know am not perfect, but you make me better. You always make me happy.......I'll like you to be mine, will you?" He asked gently.

Yvonne looked around her. Everyone was anxiously waiting for her response. She knew that saying yes would mean a lot to them...to him.
"Yvonne." Her dad called her when she didn't say anything.
"I... I don't know what to say." She stammered slowly.
"Then say yes." Julian guided. Yvonne looked up at her mum and the woman nodded.
"No........"
Everywhere was silent with unvoiced expressions of embarrassment as she kept smiling. Quickly she clasped a hand to her mouth.

"Yes, I meant yes...yes I will." She corrected herself as visible sighs of relief filled the hall. Without being told, Julian slipped the diamond ring unto her finger and stood for a hug.
"I'm sorry for the slip of tongue." Yvonne apologised.
"Please don't do that again." He pleaded as he embraced her tightly.

The rest of the party was very enjoyable. From the cool dance floor to the buffet service, all was worth it.
At the end, everyone dispersed to his or her home.
Julian stayed back, planning to travel the following day. He was welcomed heartily into the family.

Julian spent a part of the night wondering what type of brother Yvonne had. A brother who never cared to rejoice with his sister on her success. A brother who consciously chose a wrong path to trod in and obviously liked it. With all these going on in his mind, he drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, he was good to go but promised to visit anytime he got the chance to do so.

2 Likes

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Thanks for updating despite unfavorable conditions ma'am Vonn.....
I'm having mixed feelings about that Yvonne's brother...
Waiting for the next update....
Well done...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
weldone. ... vonn, more grease to your elbow!!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
dammygoody: Thanks for updating despite unfavorable conditions ma'am Vonn.....
I'm having mixed feelings about that Yvonne's brother...
Waiting for the next update....
Well done...
You're welcome....
Lol.....mixed feelings ke?
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by princesssusan(f): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Cool 1
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Good job vonn. Although i think you should have been more explicit on the discussion between Julian and Yvoone's father in the office.

Again, it should be 'her father decides to throw a party...' and not through.
Can't wait for the next update.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Hawlahscho(m): 6:10am On Aug 23, 2014
Wow!!! OP, thumb up.... You're a good writer indeed. Permit me to continue from here.

bla...bla...bla... Julian married Yvonne and Electric stove came back home to become a good frnd to Julian. The End. winks...

***we are nothing but pencil in d hand of d creator***

Thank me later Vonn. winks.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hawlahscho: Wow!!! OP, thumb up.... You're a good writer indeed. Permit me to continue from here.

bla...bla...bla... Julian married Yvonne and Electric stove came back home to become a good frnd to Julian. The End. winks...

***we are nothing but pencil in d hand of d creator***

Thank me later Vonn. winks.
Lol.....I love your creativity......
A patient dog eats.....
Thanks anyways
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
vonn: A patient dog eats.....
....the bone other dogs have eaten grin

*no be me talk am oo*
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
I have this bad feelings that the brother will turn out to be somebody julian know from his past
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
I have this bad feelings that the brother will turn out to be somebody julian know from his past.lovely update vonn
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 24, 2014
I think Yvonne's elda bro might b one of d gang member's or possibly electric is dat d name??
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Fatalveli(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2014
Pls ma'am give us our daily bread
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by simdibaby2(f): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
nice story u hav vonn.pls keep d flag flying.more greese to ur elbow.
loving d story nd cant wait for d nxt update.follow u till.......
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Hawlahscho(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
Nobody can follow you like I do.......... (aye).

More updates b4 I vex, ask Yaradua.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Bekeebest: 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
That her brother might be electric,that gang guy.Stl waiting,u r doing a nice work
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
seunviju: I have this bad feelings that the brother will turn out to be somebody julian know from his past.
I don't think that's a bad feelings.
Everybody knows that.

Let's just wait for Vonn to prove us wrong or right.
Upcoming updates will tell.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Emeraldz(f): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nice one Von. *following*
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
Two years later, things were moving on smoothly with Julian. As a second class degree holder, Yvonne was working in a very good place with a reasonable salary.
There and then, plans for their union were gradually made because they did not want to rush into things that would cost them their happiness.

One Saturday morning, Julian decided to take a jogging exercise around the vicinity. Normally people were hovering around the park and into supermarkets to purchase goods. So everywhere was lively when Julian got there.

Resting for a while, he turned to leave but his eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar face. His heart skipped a beat as he searched carefully to find him but the figure was nowhere to be found.

He had sworn not to be afraid of Electric ever again since he had nothing to do with him anymore.

That was some six years ago. Discarding the thoughts, he jogged back home.

It was four months after the incident at the park and three months since he saw Yvonne, so he made up his mind to pay a weekend visit before the end of the month.

When he drove down that Friday evening, he was welcomed by Yvonne's mum who told him that she had gone out with her brother but would soon be back. This information left Julian wondering as he entered the guest room.

"Has Yvonne's brother come back for good or is he in for some mischief?" He questioned himself. It never occurred to him that Yvonne's brother was someone he knew.

Very late in the evening Yvonne returned with her brother, Eric. Gladness warmed her heart when she saw Julian as the person that opened the door. He had wanted to surprise her so he didn't inform her about the visit.

Julian used that opportunity to glance over her shoulder in search of her brother but he was nowhere. They got back to the parlour for discussion when Yvonne's mum interrupted.

"Eric, we have a guest here." She announced. Sounds of footsteps were heard approaching. The door opened and shut, a figure walked into sight.

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2014

"This is Yvonne's brother" her mum introduced, "and Eric, that's Yvonne's fiancee, Julian." She finished.

There was silence as neither Eric nor Julian uttered a word to each other. Yvonne's mum, Nicole, was confused. On Yvonne's side, her fear had been confirmed. Her brother was the same Electric Julian told her about.

Nicole gazed from Julian to a fuming Eric and was confused the more. Seconds later, Eric breathed a sentence...."Not in this life" and stormed out banging the door behind him.

It took explanations from the two before Nicole could understand what transpired. For the rest of the evening, Yvonne seemed perturbed over what happened earlier between Julian and her brother. She knew that her brother had an unforgiving spirit but when she tried to imagine the aftermath of this case it scared her to the marrow.

Throughout the following day, no one could tell the whereabouts of Eric. Julian was not disturbed at all or her tried not to show it in the least.
They were very busy with the marriage planning.

Already the date had been fixed and other preparations in progress.

It was to hold in three months. Yvonne's parents wanted it to be memorable so they begged to help. Julian's parents were also doing their best for a successful wedding ceremony. Before Julian departed, they assured him that they would talk to Eric whenever he got back from wherever he went to. They did as they promised.

They spoke to Eric like they assured Julian. But whether Eric took in what they said or not, they weren't certain. He seemed to agree and that was all that mattered.

The clock ticked and time passed as milliseconds ticked into seconds to minutes, hours, days and days into weeks till there were but just three weeks left in the countdown to the wedding.

Yvonne had taken a work leave so that she would be with Julian to help out.

It was like every other evening besides the stars appearing earlier than expected and shining brightly above.

The peacefulness of the vicinity was suddenly interrupted by the loud wailing of sirens and colourful flashes of light from stroboscopes. Everyone wondered what was happening. The sound grew louder as though it was moving towards Julian's house along the street.

"What's going on Julian?" Yvonne asked in a worried tone.
"I have no idea." They were at the backyard, beside the pool resting.
"Did you hear that?" Yvonne asked looking startled.
"What?"
"A sound came from inside the house."
"Yvie... you've got to stop worrying. You're safe here. Nothing's going to happen to you." Julian assured her, smoothening the worries on her face.

"I didn't know I had giant rats in my house." He chuckled and Yvonne smiled easing out a bit.

The loud noise from the sirens had gone down and the quietness was returning to its former place.

A shattering sound of a glass object was heard amid the silence.

"I heard that." Julian confirmed when Yvonne shot him a terrified look. He grabbed her and held tight, waiting for what it was, perhaps an alien to show itself.

"What a lovely surprise." A voice from the other end sounded.

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: I don't think that's a bad feelings.
Everybody knows that.

Let's just wait for Vonn to prove us wrong or right.
Upcoming updates will tell.
I don't think have said much,its just my own opinion and not that of everybody I said
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
You are doing great vonn,thanks for the update
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by simdibaby2(f): 7:52am On Aug 26, 2014
vonn nice one.keep it up.
d story is so interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.