Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (25220 Views)

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / ¤Strange Saga¤- A Short Story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:19am On Aug 26, 2014
simdibaby2: vonn nice one.keep it up.
d story is so interesting.

Awww...thanks dear
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 9:23am On Aug 26, 2014
Abeg make electric no cause problem o. Well, leme sit back and watch how things unfold. Thanks dear for the double updates
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
seunviju: I don't think have said much,its just my own opinion and not that of everybody I said
nah,
Please don't get me wrong ma'am. I was only letting you know you shouldn't call that bad feelings....since everybody felt that way too.

I'm sorry if it sounded rude or harsh.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: nah,
Please don't get me wrong ma'am. I was only letting you know you shouldn't call that bad feelings....since everybody felt that way too.

I'm sorry if it sounded rude or harsh.
It's okay sir,am also sorry,thumb up 4 u
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
Suspense at its peak Vonn, thanks for the updates.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:39am On Aug 27, 2014
A familiar voice indeed. When the lights hit his face, it was Electric!

"Eric what are you doing here?" Yvonne asked. Just then Julian's phone rang and he picked it.

"Julian, be careful with Yvonne. Eric is on the run and if he finds you, it won't be good. He was involved in a robbery. A shoot out followed and......"

"Hand the phone over to me." He ordered and Julian complied.

"Don't worry dad, nothing will happen to Yvonne." He gave a wicked grin and flung the phone over his head. It got smashed against the wall. In a twinkle of an eye, he produced a gun from his pocket.

"I've always wanted to do this... To end all these this way." He said raising the gun towards Julian.

"Eric, what are you doing?" Yvonne shouted.

"Shut up." He commanded before she could complete the statement.
"Eric, put down the gun. You don't want to do this." Julian pleaded, unsure of his own voice.
"Oh yeah. Do you think I'll be here, wasting my time, huh!" He queried.
" You've always been a pain in the arse. You made me not gain anything I could have. Instead of coming back to us, you called the police on us. You've always been this big-headed. Believing that you're always right."

"For Christ's sake Eric, that was more than five years ago. Can't you let it go?"

"No, I won't. The more time passes, the more pains increase. I just want everything to end here and now." He said and cocked the gun.

"Eric please, stop this." Yvonne pleaded trembling.

"You've never really known what this is all about. I know I'm going to die anyway so I better finish this." He stated dryly.

"Eric wait. What becomes of me? What happens to your sister when you've taken away her happiness....her life?" A helpless Yvonne asked. Eric looked at her for a while, his eyes red and terror-filled.

"You'll figure it out. You can always find someone else." He replied not shaken in the least. Yvonne was already hot with tears streaming down her face. She held Julian tight.

"You'll have to kill both of us."

"Yvonne, get away from him." He said amid clenched teeth.

"Shoot us." She retained her stand.
Julian was dumbfounded. He was certain he could be dead in a matter of seconds. No one was around to help. He tried to think but couldn't. It was like his brain couldn't upload anything reasonable.

Then Eric was moving closer. He held Yvonne by the arm and flung her with his might. She landed with her head hitting the floor. She let out a faint moan and blacked out.

Julian had the chance and used it. In a flash, he kicked the gun from Eric's hand and it fell into the pool. He caught Eric off guard and gave himself a well-done smile.

"Looks like we'll use our fists after all." He mocked. "The police will be here any minute to get you." There was silence for a while.

"I don't think so." Was the reply Julian got as Eric produced a second gun he had kept as back-up.

"How clever of you to think I'd be with just a piece of metal. You've always been wrong about me." Without wasting time, he cocked the gun.

Julian froze at a spot. There was no help in sight. Yvonne was still lying motionless in a corner.

Past and happy moments of his life with loved ones played before his eyes like in the movies. For a second he wondered what death was actually like. A long endless tunnel of torments?
He looked death in the face and knew that like his twin and other dead people, his time had come.

He watched the gun and the fingers. He looked on as Eric slowly placed his index finger on the trigger. He shut his eyes tightly, waiting to hear the sound....to feel the pains...the enveloping coldness of death.

Just as expected, the trigger was pulled......and a shot was heard....

*I guess am the only writer who has allowed the 'actor' to die in the story. But that's the way I saw it in the script. My oga can't write one and I'll go and write another. Please bear with me.

RIP to the dead.#
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 12:39am On Aug 27, 2014
dammygoody: Suspense at its peak Vonn, thanks for the updates.
Its my duty sir
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by princesssusan(f): 4:15am On Aug 27, 2014
Gosh!!! Too bad, ooooh must u do this? Chai rip is all i av 2 say cry
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 8:25am On Aug 27, 2014
I can't believe he's dead ,at least not yet...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 9:25am On Aug 27, 2014
dammygoody: I can't believe he's dead ,at least not yet...

Heheheh.......eiyaa....but that's what you just read.
Shit happens undecided
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2014
seunviju: It's okay sir,am also sorry,thumb up 4 u
grin
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:30am On Aug 27, 2014
vonn:

Heheheh.......eiyaa....but that's what you just read.
Shit happens undecided
yeah.
I've watched actor dies in films....John Woo's films.

Well done, ma'am.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2014
Julian isn't the one shot,he is not dead.nice update vonn
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:39am On Aug 27, 2014
seunviju: Julian isn't the one shot,he is not dead.
how sure are you? wink
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: how sure are you? wink
you again bah?you sha always love to tackle me abi but by the time I show you you the power of a lady,hmmmm,I rest my case o
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
seunviju: you again bah?you sha always love to tackle me abi but by the time I show you you the power of a lady,hmmmm,I rest my case o
buhahahaha,

the power of a lady

I can't wait for you to show me!! grin
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by seunviju(f): 12:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: buhahahaha,

the power of a lady

I can't wait for you to show me!! grin
Agbalagba senu kodoro,oun ma se wa ninu mi,agbalagba senu kodoro.That is al am telling you
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Vonn, you are xtra good. Please come and update
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Mattdazi(m): 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Julian isn't the one shot. Its definitely Electric. Remember ciren blazing b4 he showed up? He was bn pursued by the police.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mattdazi: Julian isn't the one shot. Its definitely Electric. Remember ciren blazing b4 he showed up? He was bn pursued by the police.
Lol..... I love your guess.
So full of faith!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 1:38am On Aug 29, 2014
EPILOGUE

Faint voices of people were becoming audible. Julian opened his eyes and saw the police around which got him more confused.

He thought of what his ghost was doing in a crime scene. He looked around but could not find his body.

Just infront of him was the corpse of Eric. This puzzled him the more. Nobody seemed to take any notice of him which gave him the assurance that he was dead.
He felt thinner instantly. Just then, a hand from behind rested on his shoulder.

"Are you alright sir?" The young policeman asked.

"Y...yes, I'm f..fine" he stuttered after a while of recollection.

"Where is Yvie?" He questioned almost in a whisper.

"You mean the girl?" He nodded.

"She's unconscious, I guess. But she is about to be taken to the hospital."

"I have to see her." Julian said turning towards the house.
Taking few steps, his eyes caught a figure and he stopped abruptly.

Few steps ahead, a guy was talking with two policemen. When he noticed Julian glaring at him, he returned the gun to one of them and excused himself, walking to Julian who stood at a spot, too dazed to speak or move.

"Are you going to stand there or come give your brother a hug." Chris stated rather than asked.

"How... I thought.... I mean.... The bomb....." Julian stammered, visibly shaken.

"I'll let you know everything later." Chris calmly assured. The whole world seemed to be still as the twins reunited in an embrace.

"Let's go home." He said before Julian remembered he had to see Yvonne at the nearest hospital where she would hopefully be taken to.

"I need to get to the hospital."

"Are you injured?" Chris queried.

"Not me.....Yvonne." He replied, absent-minded as he walked on. Chris stopped and shot him a questioning look.

"My fiancee." He explained.
"Hmm."

When they got to the hospital, they were told that Yvonne's condition was stable. Earlier, her dad put a call to Julian through his other line since his phone had been destroyed by Eric. He was told what had transpired.

In an hour, he was at the hospital to see his daughter. The doctors assured him of her safety and he had a brief discussion with Julian before leaving.

Staying back in the ward, Chris told Julian how he managed to escape before the bomb exploded. By so doing, the men after him thought he must have committed suicide and therefore ended their search.

He turned a new leaf and encouraged himself till he completed his tertiary education. As at then , he was rounding up with his Youth service. Julian was so happy for him.

*if all the bad people can just repent like Chris, the world would be better.* he thought. Chris continued.

"To pacify God for my old ways, I turned myself in to the police. Luckily, I wasn't sentenced. I made a promise to help bring Eric, who was then a menace to the society, down. So I've been hunting for him since then and at last, I've fulfilled my promise."

At the end of the story, Julian could not help giving him a hug.
"Chris, not only did you fulfill your promise, you saved your brother's life. Thank you."

"No problem. Just know I'll always have your back." He replied with a smile.

Seconds later, he got up and walked to Yvonne's bed in silence.

"She's beautiful." He whispered to Julian who was standing beside him at that moment.

"Yeah, she is. She really is." He agreed as he stroke her hand. Just then she stirred weakly and opened her eyes, though not fully.
"Jul...." She uttered faintly.

"I'm right here." He replied.

"Oh... Jul... I'm feeling dizzy..... I see double." She said weakly. Julian suspected Chris's presence made her think she was seeing two people.

"No honey, everything is okay. Just stay with me....just...just...honey?" Yvonne's eyes were already shut and he panicked.

"Get the doctor."He almost yelled at Chris who was already at the door. Seconds later, the doctor came rushing in, followed closely by two nurses.

After checking up on her, he assured them nothing bad was going to happen to her, but advised them to go home and return the following day as she was still weak.

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 1:49am On Aug 29, 2014
That was very good. Electric was finally down. I can't say i regret reading your work. Tnx ma for this wonderful piece.

Oh, and i'm first to comment. Please write another one soon
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 1:50am On Aug 29, 2014
Ahh......TiffanyJ, you're still awake. Time for your meeting? grin
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TiffanyJ(f): 1:53am On Aug 29, 2014
vonn: Ahh......TiffanyJ, you're still awake. Time for your meeting? grin
my dear, sleep no gree come how i go do. Maybe it was because i slept early. What about you?
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 2:04am On Aug 29, 2014
TiffanyJ:
my dear, sleep no gree come how i go do. Maybe it was because i slept early. What about you?
Slept during the day. That's why I'm still awake. Plus I had to update because I've been silent for a while now.......school environ laziness*

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Mattdazi(m): 7:27am On Aug 29, 2014
Ah ha. I was right after all, bout Electric being d 1 shot nd not Julian. Thumbs up Vonn, I've so enjoyed this work, wish it won't end.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2014
Mattdazi: Ah ha. I was right after all, bout Electric being d 1 shot nd not Julian. Thumbs up Vonn, I've so enjoyed this work, wish it won't end.
Eiyaa......thanks love.
But everything that has a beginning must surely have an end.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 8:31am On Aug 29, 2014
You see, he can't die now, I knew madam Vonn was just pulling my legs..

Nice work ma'am
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
dammygoody: You see, he can't die now, I knew madam Vonn was just pulling my legs..

Nice work ma'am
Hahah.....I think he died and resurrected grin
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
Now this story I started on the first day of Aug ends today.

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

The last post comes in soon...........
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
vonn: Now this story I started on the first day of Aug ends today.

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

The last post comes in soon...........
Hmm
..kind of a month thing abi grin

Of course, I enjoyed myself...
God bless you ma'am ...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
When Julian came back the following day, Yvonne was so happy to see him in good health. He had to explain what happened after she was knocked out.

"I thought you said that Chris is dead?" Yvonne asked in a confused state before Julian could finish.

"I thought that too, but he's not." He went ahead to narrate all he was told by Chris. Both expressed their sadness over Eric's death. Though he was a thorn in the flesh, they would miss him, plus the fact that Yvonne had lost him- her only brother.

As they were engrossed in their discussion, Chris, who had gone to buy food from a nearby restaurant walked in and Yvonne gasped at such near-identical resemblance. She was very pleased to have finally met him.

"To be candid, I don't think I will be able to distinguish you from Chris." She confessed.

"Better do oo or you'll end up getting married to me instead." Chris joked and the trio laughed heartily.

As they ate the light food Chris bought, Yvonne was told that according to the doctor, she would be discharged in the evening.
"Chris and I are going to my tailor to make sure everything is in order, and then add his suit to the bulk. We'll pick you when we get back." Julian informed Yvonne as they got up. She smiled and nodded in agreement.

•••••••••••••****•••••••••••••

The church was brightly decorated to a grand wedding taste. A little above four scores of people which included relations were all present and seated. The bride's and groom's families were the happiest on earth.

Julian looked again at Yvonne as they stood before the Holy altar. He drank in the beauty and grace with which she stood, smiles pasted on her face. Eyes seeming endless like the bright blue skies shone with traces of dampness within. Waiting patiently and hopefully to be pronounced his wife, his better-half.
He shifted his gaze to Chris who gave him a knowing wink. He was among the men-in-suit.

As Yvonne recited the marital vows slowly, with care and all truth she could muster in her whole being, all Julian could see were the movements of her lips and faint echoes of meaningful words which seemed meaningless at the moment as his thoughts were far away.

Memories of their relationship came flooding back to his thoughts- the second chance of life he was given, how he met her, the trying times they experienced and how they eventually overcame them all, and every disappointment turned out to be blessings in disguise.

He was filled with emotions.

"You may now kiss your bride." The voice of the officiating priest brought him back to reality.

Slowly, he gave her a passionate kiss that lasted a few seconds.
When he finally gazed into her eyes, he knew he had made the right choice and was going to reap rich fruits.

He thought:
"Love is patient and kind. Very strong,....stronger than anything. Can keep hearts alive. It is a treasure which cannot be easily found, but when found works miracles in lives.
True love always waits for the right hearts to claim it.

No matter what......against all odds, all things must STEP DOWN FOR LOVE to prevail in lives."

And theirs indeed was true love.
A relationship solely planned by angels and made in Heaven!
Æ
*THE END*

*My sincere gratitude goes to all of you who have encouraged me in one way or the other- through your stories, constructive criticisms either in this thread or that of others etc

Here is something for those who would love to write but can't seem to do so....
It's not easy. But the moment you put God and your mind to it, you'd wonder why you've been wasting your time in fear.
Not knowing is one thing, but knowing and being afraid to showcase your talent to the world is worse.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Like I said before, this piece was written when I was still in Secondary school.
I know there are many great writers on NL. Therefore I'll try to be stronger and put up a fight.
Sincerely, NL has helped me a lot. I realised that there are still many talented writers in Nigeria when I entered this forum, this section.

Therefore with gratitude I recognise the following people. They have made me strengthen my foundation of faith in literature.
Glowingscenes (Chocolates and sushi was the first story I read in NL, I wasn't disappointed one bit)
Repogirl(you made me believe)
Stefikal
TiffanyJ
TemitopeDaniel(my NL boo)
Audrey Timms(my writing Angelina Jolie)
Pretty spicey
Queenxstar
Princesa
Flakkydagirl
Nobody
Kingzpen
360prince
Sammyhoe
Royver
Larrysun
Kingphilip
Bukkydan
Divepen
Trixandra
Dammygoody
Lanicky
ToriEmManson
D9ty7
Nancydearie
Seunviju
Princeadepoju
........and so sooo many more people I didn't mention here.

The Lord is your strength.....
God bless........!
LOVE YOU ALL

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.