Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,641 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold (27790 Views)

BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Okagbare Wins 200m Bronze At IAAF World Championships / Okagbare Wins 200M In London Diamond League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Chigold101(m): 9:18am On Aug 01, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Depends...the Jamaicans have sprinters with better times than our girls....and don't forget Barbados!

Can't win the sprints on just your anchor leg.
plz dont be angry ooo. The two gold that blessing has won,were there jamaicans & babadoes amongst those that contested? I just dey ask waiting for ur responce
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Evestar200(f): 9:22am On Aug 01, 2014
Dragonking: Thank you blessing Okagbare for making all Niger deltans proud..We nigerdeltans are very athletic, energetic, intelligent, strong both in bed and on the tracks/field wink

Thank you. smiley
choi,,, eka ikwo grammar school

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Dragonking: 9:55am On Aug 01, 2014
Evestar200: choi,,, eka ikwo grammar school

I know you feeling me babe.. wink I can give you something far sweeter and better even more than the grammar you quoted. wink wink kiss kiss kiss tongue

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2014
Chigold101: plz dont be angry ooo. The two gold that blessing has won,were there jamaicans & babadoes amongst those that contested? I just dey ask waiting for ur responce

I have always found it good policy to fear the Caribbean nations in any track event....
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Evestar200(f): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2014
Dragonking:

I know you feeling me babe.. wink I can give you something far sweeter and better even more than the grammar you quoted. wink wink kiss kiss kiss tongue
hahahaha, feel u in what?

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by teggysz(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2014
Okagbare is an Urhobo name and it means 'complete characters'. It is usually given to a child that completes the male and female sexes among children. Eg 1st boy after female children

RebelLeader15:
Okagbare in Yoruba means Cobra runs (Oka gbe ire)

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Dragonking: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Evestar200: hahahaha, feel u in what?

Common, don't hide the feelings you have for me or are you shy? smiley
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by rocgirl: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2014
Awesome!
Congratulations Blessing..
Big thumbs up to Team Nigeria..
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by bambostic: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2014

http://makingofchampions.net/2014/08/01/okagbare-strikes-200m-gold-on-terrific-thursday-for-team-nigeria/

It was a glorious night for Team Nigeria on Thursday at Hampden Park in Glasgow as TWO GOLD medals were won in Athletics in the space of 15 minutes of each other, first with Ese Brume claiming a brilliant GOLD medal in the Long Jump, and Blessing Okagbare taking to the track immediately after to complete a dominant Commonwealth sprint double, as she triumphed in the 200m in a time of 22.25s to add to the 100m title she won on Monday! Team England occupied the 2nd, 3rd and 4th as Jodie Williams, Bianca Williams and Anyika Onuora all set new PBs, with the Jamaicans surprisingly occupying three of the last four positions for a change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cSRq-6JLnk

Blessing started the 200m as the overwhelming championship favourite, going by her standing as the No.1 in the Commonwealth with a PB of 22.23s this season, as well as being the Diamond Race leader. She dominated the heats on with the fastest time (22.99s) and was phenomenal in the semi-final where she won comfortably in 22.43s - she looked in the kind of form that could possibly break the Games Record (22.20s) or even the African Record (22.07s). Though she was unable to get the Games Record as she did in the 100m, winning her first global titles in such dominant fashion has truly re-affirmed Blessing's pedigree as a possible future World and Olympic Champion.

The future certainly looks bright for Blessing, who is still No. 3 on Nigeria's all-time list for the 200 metres, behind Mary Onyali (22.07s) and Falilat Ogunkoya (22.22s). She will certainly have plenty of opportunities in the years to come to become Nigeria's and Africa's fastest ever over the 200m, and we can now look forward with excitement towards the 2015 World Championships and the 2016 Olympics. Okagbare's existing and emerging rivalries are set to make the women's sprints a tantalising prospect over the next two years - will Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce rediscover the form that saw her win the sprint double at the World Championships last year? Will USA's Tori Bowie, the fastest woman in the world this year in both sprints continue her phenomenal progression, have only just recently switched from the Long Jump? Exciting times lay ahead!

On Friday and Saturday, Blessing will most likely return to the track as part of Nigeria's 4x100 team, in a quest to grab Team Nigeria's first global sprint relay medal since the Beijing '08 Olympics! A quartet which included Okagbare and Gloria Asumnu came within a hundredth of a second of winning a Bronze medal at the inaugural World Relays in the Bahamas in May, and they will be looking to go at least one better at these Games! Can she lead Team Nigeria to another medal before the week runs out? We won't have long to find out!

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by BIBISKY: 10:26am On Aug 01, 2014
Segadem: where are our men
dem dey sambiza dey fight boko haram boys, na only d women waka go
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Bigdreams(m): 10:34am On Aug 01, 2014
Great achievement by Blessing.

You also can acquire a life-long skill that will earn you consistent income.

See the image below for detailed info.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Okeikpu(m): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2014
akin66: proudly nigerian..up naija jare!
ThankGod she's isn't a Muslim.... tongue well done Blessing Chidimma Okeagbara.... we r proud of u....

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by naijanaso: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Obiagelli: Okagbare wins gold in 200m with time of 22.25s

I LOVE THIS BABE! GOD BLESS YOU. SO PROUD OF YOU AND ALL THE FEMALE TEAM THAT ARE BRINGING GLORY TO THE NAME OF NAIJA. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by arsetalks(m): 11:47am On Aug 01, 2014
This is a big proof of what this country can achieve if they Government becomes serious a bit. Blessing is doing so far simply because, aside the fact that she is talented, she gets massive support from her state government.

The Jamaicans, Americans ( well foreigners in American ) and our useless colonial masters are not in any way better than us only that they get more support from their government.

Kudos to Blessing, Kudos to Delta state government.

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Arosa(m): 11:49am On Aug 01, 2014
Evestar200: hahahaha,,he gave u wrong meaning and u re thanking him, Okagbare is an Urhbobo name and it means everything is complete or all kind of things are complete.

Thanks! He tried to fool me. grin
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2014
I am real glad about Blessing and her blessings...kept jumping with joy
Butti, her hair? lipsrsealed

There was this slow motion flicking of her blond hair that made me cringe all night
With corn rows she would have looked really awesome, cos she is pretty

Not hating on her o, forgive me
I am becoming too entrenched in the whole afrocentric look thing
SMH

But that hair?
Lawd

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by kenlash1(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
Was I d only one listening to d comentator talking more on who took silver nd bronze rather than celebrate d winner

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by zexzy(f): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
See as God is Blessing this Blessing o. Go girl its ur time to shine.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Win95: 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
franciskaine: Cameroun in Commonwealth games? Very funny. Commonwealth is meant for only English speaking countries colonised by Britain.
Cameroon have won in weightlifting

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
o my God

see my sister looking so beautiful in her own way....

....yummy..

Urhobo wadoooo....tongue

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Okeikpu: ThankGod she's isn't a Muslim.... tongue well done Blessing Chidimma Okeagbara.... we r proud of u....

make ona come ooo....

come see wahala oo...

why this guy dey configure my sister name...en

come.
i nor like dis joke ..biko nu

cheesycheesycheesy

governor uduaghan is working....
uduaghan till 2019 ..ogboru keep trying tongue
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Okeikpu(m): 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
Kizmart:

make ona come ooo....

come see wahala oo...

why this guy dey configure my sister name...en

come.
i nor like dis joke ..biko nu

cheesycheesycheesy

governor uduaghan is working....
uduaghan till 2019 ..ogboru keep trying tongue
her middle is Chidimma... am not making ds up...-,-

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Henry027(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
Seal Of Blessing it is!I love it more when things that will promote the image of our their country Abound.Instead of the constant perturbance from the Boko Haram sect...Our sorrows is Changing to Blessings#Okagbare
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by lovelyronke20(f): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chanchit:

I hope you've started training already...

do u know any of the athletes personally?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yes i know myself
lovelyronke20:

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by lovelyronke20(f): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
Unibenstudent: Yes i know myself

Sorry I don't understand
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Chanchit: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
lovelyronke20:

Nope, I face music, but if you mean getting a trainer, I knw a coach who specialize on long distance race, I could ask him if he knows a coach that trains people for 100-200m if you want.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by lovelyronke20(f): 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chanchit:

Nope, I face music, but if you mean getting a trainer, I knw a coach who specialize on long distance race, I could ask him if he knows a coach that trains people for 100-200m if you want.

U could help me ask him for the workout stuff
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Chanchit: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
lovelyronke20:

U could help me ask him for the workout stuff

Would you be able to be making it to the national stadium, cos thats where they meet. Before I start making enquiries..
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by lovelyronke20(f): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chanchit:

Would you be able to be making it to the national stadium, cos thats where they meet. Before I start making enquiries..

Nope
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold by Chanchit: 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
lovelyronke20:

Nope

Eyah, better luck next time.. I will do an online walkout app very soon.. Maybe you should find a walkout partner around ur area..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man City Fan Arrested For Alleged Racist Abuse Against Fred Faces Life Ban / Nigeria Lists Lookman, Amoo, 30 Others To Battle Ghana / Samson Siasia Celebrates 30th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.