Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Explain How You Understand John 3:16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explain How You Understand John 3:16 (601 Views)

Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 / POPULAR JOHN 3:16 Destroys The Unbiblical Tri-ni-ty / John 3:8: What Does This Scripture Mean To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
John 3:16 - For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Please is this verse saying that once i just believe in Jesus, then i can continue with my sins and still experience everlasting life in paradise or heaven? My own understanding sha...
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by twosquare(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
unyours: John 3:16 - For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Please is this verse saying that once i just believe in Jesus, then i can continue with my sins and still experience everlasting life in paradise or heaven? My own understanding sha...
How can we continue in sin and say grace will abound? Read Romans 8:1. No,you can't sow groundnut&expect to reap cocoa...God can't be mocked,whatsoever a man sows,he shall surely reap.
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
twosquare: How can we continue in sin and say grace will abound? Read Romans 8:1. No,you can't sow groundnut&expect to reap cocoa...God can't be mocked,whatsoever a man sows,he shall surely reap.
If what i said is not the case, then what's the essence of Jesus' death?
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by twosquare(m): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
unyours: If what i said is not the case, then what's the essence of Jesus' death?
look at the verse you quote very well...whoever believes(continous) should not perish but....
The essence of His death are many benefits but most important is for you to have Life abundantly(in abundance,so that death wouldn't get hold of you)
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by twosquare(m): 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
unyours: If what i said is not the case, then what's the essence of Jesus' death?
In other words, death is not supposed to find expression in you.
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
twosquare: look at the verse you quote very well...whoever believes(continous) should not perish but....
The essence of His death are many benefits but most important is for you to have Life abundantly(in abundance,so that death wouldn't get hold of you)
believing differs from sin. If i continue to believe and at same time committing sin continuously?
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by twosquare(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
unyours: believing differs from sin. If i continue to believe and at same time committing sin continuously?
believing is beyond believing as it sounds....you have to exercise what you believe....God can totally deal with the essense of sin in anyone's life.He got that power.....to believe is also to continue to walk with Him.As you're walking,you're changing. If any man sins,we have an advocate with the father 1john 2:1
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by twosquare(m): 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
unyours: believing differs from sin. If i continue to believe and at same time committing sin continuously?
you can read up Hebrews 10:26....remember you don't get here in one day.
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
twosquare: believing is beyond believing as it sounds....you have to exercise what you believe....God can totally deal with the essense of sin in anyone's life.He got that power.....to believe is also to continue to walk with Him.As you're walking,you're changing. If any man sins,we have an advocate with the father 1john 2:1
why didn't the bible explictly define the believe there? I think the believe there simply means believe he is the son of God, believe his purpose of coming to the earth. God only wants us to just believe and nothing more.
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by twosquare(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
unyours: why didn't the bible explictly define the believe there? I think the believe there simply means believe he is the son of God, believe his purpose of coming to the earth. God only wants us to just believe and nothing more.
the end result of your continuous believing should produce eternal life.....take note of should....YOU make it sound like a student offered admission on a platter of gold,and you say all he should do is to sit back&do nothing.
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
twosquare: the end result of your continuous believing should produce eternal life..... take note of should....YOU make it sound like a student offered admission on a platter of gold,and you say all he should do is to sit back&do nothing.
EXACTLY what i'm saying... Just keep believing continuously even while you keep committing sin, you will make heaven. Afterall we are all sinners...nothing rips mankind off that status And to your analogy, platter of Gold should ofcos remain platter of Gold lest it is no platter of Gold. If you never want the student to struggle you should have given him certificate straight away than offer him admission whilst he can't pass exams.
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by twosquare(m): 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
unyours: EXACTLY what i'm saying... Just keep believing continuously even while you keep committing sin, you will make heaven. Afterall we are all sinners...nothing rips mankind off that status And to your analogy, platter of Gold should ofcos remain platter of Gold lest it is no platter of Gold. If you never want the student to struggle you should have given him certificate straight away than offer him admission whilst he can't pass exams.
do u know Enoch and other patriachs?he did something wonderful.i'll talk of this later....If you continue,you'll reap condemnation.....And why should you sin?...it's a question we should ask ourselves. y should i? The grace of God has appeared to us,teaching us to say No. Continuing in sin is continuing in the life which satan has ordained....an inferior lifestyle. DO YOu want to escape sin? Have revelations.
Re: Explain How You Understand John 3:16 by twosquare(m): 12:00am On Aug 01, 2014
unyours: EXACTLY what i'm saying... Just keep believing continuously even while you keep committing sin, you will make heaven. Afterall we are all sinners...nothing rips mankind off that status
Another problem is that we think it's about heaven....nay...you may through narrow escape enter that world,just that you won't become Christ. Even this present heaven will pass away...that's the heaven xtians are rushing to. It's about Him.
Now,i say unto you: sin can be dealt with.you can do without comitting sin.Just learn righteousness>> that's the antidote. Ask Abel,Enoch,Melchizedek,Jesus,Paul,John d beloved etc.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Happening To Nigeria Pastors? / South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him / Etiquettes Of Eid In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.