Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,839 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 (3541 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities (giving Reason A Chance) / POPULAR JOHN 3:16 Destroys The Unbiblical Tri-ni-ty / Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
John 3 v 16: For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him will not persih but have everlasting life

QUESTIONS

1. Is the above statement spoken by John or God?

2. Is Jesus really the only begotten son of God?

3. Was Jesus 'begotten' or 'made' by God?

Thank you wink

cc: Francistony, malvisguy212, An2select, BosstTdiamond, Religionsection aka Ajibam and Co. grin grin

NOTE: There should be no derailing undecided
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by tonybosses: 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
Answers

1) Yes it was said my John, inspired by the holy spirit

2) Yes he was, but after the death and and rising to new life we became joint heirs there by making you sons and daughter of God.

3) In my opinion Jesus want 'made' because in the recorded of creation it wasn't recorded

2 Likes

Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
@ tonybosses

Let us wait for the rest especially those people i mentioned smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by tonybosses: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:
@ tonybosses

Let us wait for the rest especially those people i mentioned smiley

Yes sir
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by AlBaqir(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
tonybosses:
Answers

@bold, How are you sure of that even every tom, dick and harry claim that to justify their wording?
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by malvisguy212: 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:
John 3 v 16: For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him will not persih but have everlasting life

QUESTIONS

Thank you wink

cc: Francistony, malvisguy212, An2select, BosstTdiamond, Religionsection aka Ajibam and Co. grin grin

all scripture was giving by the inspiration of God

Jesus is the FIRST BEGOTTEN son of God

Jesus was not made by God,the bible say he is the Fullnest of God.For by Him all things were created, both in the
heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether
thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all
things have been created through Him and for Him.
( Colossians 1:16)

1 Like

Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by malvisguy212: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
AlBaqir:

@bold, How are you sure of that even every tom, dick and harry claim that to justify their wording?
can you interpret the deep thing of God? I do not know you so I can't judge,only God knows those that are his own.
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

QUESTIONS

It was spoken by God but written by John through the inspiration of God the Holy spirit.
Yes. He's the only begotten son of God.

Thank you wink

Jesus was begotten not made.
Adam and Eve was made and we were begotten from Adam and Eve.
Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
The statement was spoken by God the son (Jesus) in reply to Nicodemus, you can read the precept to understand more John ch 3 vs 9.
(John ch 3 vs 9-10) in verse 10, it starts with "Jesus answered and said unto him....." So here we can affirm it's Jesus speakin. The last words of Jesus ended in verse 21 of the same verse where he stated "But he that doeth truth cometh to the light that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God"

By this' I can infer that you got this off the King James Version (KJV), and from your perspective of the word “begotten”you're implyin' that God had a consort for the birth of Jesus.
You first must understand how these Bible translation of a thin' works. Most modern translations do not use the word “begotten” rather the phrase “unique” or “only” Son.
We can see actually that you're not interested in understanding the meaning of the verse but only in abusing the formulation in an outdated translation for tirade purposes.
Whether you choose to twist or intentionally condemn the word, you should understand that the Greek text has not changed, nor been corrupted as most Islamist claim, but our understanding of the words have been further deepened and clarified.
There are Reasons why monogenes
"Read up on monogenes here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogenēs "
should not be translated as “only begotten”: The word monogenes also appears elsewhere in the same New Testament: "By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had recieved the promises offered up his only begotten son ". Hebrews 11:17 (KJV).
The same Greek word monogenes appears here Hebrews 11 as in John 3:16. To say Isaac was Abraham’s only-begotten son would make no sense since according to the Bible, Abraham begat Ishmael as well as Isaac. But monogenes meaning "one of a kind", "one and only", or "unique" would fit because Isaac was special and it was through Isaac that Yahweh would bless the world, not through Ishmael. Abraham's wife, Sarah, was too old to have a child but she nevertheless became pregnant and bore Isaac.
As a good Bible student (From Islam), your mind should pose the Question "Why is Jesus Unique?".
The reason why Jesus is unique/one of a kind, is because of his message: “I am the way, the truth, and the life!” Jesus answered. “Without me, no one can go to the Father.” (John 14:6 CEV). Our makin' it to heaven to live for eternity depends much on us. God has already acted and dealt with the humanly impenetrable barrier, our sin. The way is provided for all of us. If you ignore the way, or insult the provider what is there left to be said?
Did the Son of God exist before his birth here on Earth? Absolutely! Tis' involves the whole issue of the nature of God being Trinitarian. God the Father has been a father from eternity, God the Son of God has been from eternity also the Holy Spirit exists from eternity. So how did the birth of Jesus take place? Well here's where I cannot spoon feed you. Tis' is the part where you grab a bible, read and pray for the indoctrination of the Holyspirit.
Shalom (Peace)
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ok, it good that 3 attemp arrived this evening, lets get down to business.

Note: No derailing undecided

tonybosses:
Answers

malvisguy212:
all scripture was giving by the inspiration of God

FrancisTony:

It was spoken by God but written by John through the inspiration of God the Holy spirit.

1) First of all the word of John can never supercede that of Jesus and God for if we are to go deep into this, you will come into the conclusion that John and other disciples were mere man who are bound to make mistakes, John should not be the one to teach such a powerful teaching that has to do the the bedrock of xtianity when jesus was actually around to do that.

How about about this, their are contradictions and errors in the bible (both NT and OT) **care to know? ask me** is the holyspirit the one inspiring that too?

2) Why is it that it is only in the books of John (NT) we are having the word 'only begotten son'?

tonybosses:
2) Yes he was, but after the death and and rising to new life we became joint heirs there by making you sons and daughter of God.
malvisguy212:
Jesus is the FIRST BEGOTTEN son of God

FrancisTony:

Yes. He's the only begotten son of God.

Thanks for the response(s). We all know that if a son happens to be the only begotten son, it means that he is the first and last born and no other child from his parents. If that should be the case and Jesus is the only begotten son, please explain the verses below:

Exodus 4 v 22: And you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the Lord, Israel is my first-born son.

Psalm 2 v 7: The Lord hath said unto me, thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.

Jeremiah 31 v 9: ,,, for I am a father to Israel and Ephraim is my first born.

tonybosses:

3) In my opinion Jesus want 'made' because in the recorded of creation it wasn't recorded

I don't get you here sir, can you please reframe your reply

malvisguy212:
Jesus was not made by God,the bible say he is the Fullnest of God.For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. ( Colossians 1:16)
No paul angry please.

Please can you throw more light on the word 'begotten'

FrancisTony:

Jesus was begotten not made.
Adam and Eve was made and we were begotten from Adam and Eve.
Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. smiley

And let us not forget that Mary gave birth to Jesus, and you know mary was made too wink
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

By this' I can infer that you got this off the King James Version (KJV), and from your perspective of the word “begotten”you're implyin' that God had a consort for the birth of Jesus.
You first must understand how these Bible translation of a thin' works. Most modern translations do not use the word “begotten” rather the phrase “unique” or “only” Son.
We can see actually that you're not interested in understanding the meaning of the verse but only in abusing the formulation in [size=15pt] an outdated translation [/size] for tirade purposes.

Whether you choose to twist or intentionally condemn the word, you should understand that the Greek text has not changed, nor been corrupted as most Islamist claim, but our understanding of the words have been further deepened and clarified.

The bolded got me laffing out loud grin grin grin
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

1) First of all the word of John can never supercede that of Jesus and God for if we are to go deep into this, you will come into the conclusion that John and other disciples were mere man who are bound to make mistakes, John should not be the one to teach such a powerful teaching that has to do the the bedrock of xtianity when jesus was actually around to do that.

Your argument is flawed here.. You asked who spoke and not who wrote. Two different scenario's here. Take note and correct your assertion

How about about this, their are contradictions and errors in the bible (both NT and OT) **care to know? ask me** is the holyspirit the one inspiring that too?

You stated yourself no derailin'.. Exactly what is it you're doin' here?

2) Why is it that it is only in the books of John (NT) we are having the word 'only begotten son'?
You made no research before making this statement, by the time you read my previous post, you'd know you're wrong. Base your premise on solid facts/proof

Thanks for the response(s). We all know that if a son happens to be the only begotten son, it means that he is the first and last born and no other child from his parents. If that should be the case and Jesus is the only begotten son, please explain the verses below:

Exodus 4 v 22: And you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the Lord, Israel is my first-born son.

Psalm 2 v 7: The Lord hath said unto me, thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.

I already answered this, refer to my previous/first post

He was refferin' to the bible passage where Jesus stated that "Before Abraham was, I was".. I have also cleared this issue refer to my post

No paul angry please.
The teachings of Paul was/is within' the tenets of the Bible, tellin' him to "NOT PAUL" would convolute the very essence of tis' thread
I've cleared the issue of "begotten"

And let us not forget that Mary gave birth to Jesus, and you know mary was made too wink
Once again you are derailing.
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

The bolded got me laffing out loud grin grin grin

Scr€w Public school
Trollin' huh...
If you feel there's a flaw in my statement, point it out and stop actin' like a poltroon..
Your garble ain't havin' no effect.. Act logical for once..
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:
The statement was spoken by God the son (Jesus) in reply to Nicodemus, you can read the precept to understand more John ch 3 vs 9.
(John ch 3 vs 9-10) in verse 10, it starts with "Jesus answered and said unto him....." So here we can affirm it's Jesus speakin. The last words of Jesus ended in verse 21 of the same verse where he stated "But he that doeth truth cometh to the light that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God"

Jesus was the one speaking in verse eleven (11) too?

Joh 3:11 I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen , but still you people do not accept our testimony .

* Notice the "we"

* Notice the

"we speak what we know"

"what we have seen

"Our testimony"

Jesus still talking is'nt it

Further reading of the verse.

Joh 3:24 (This was before John was put in prison.)

grin grin The alleged writer^^ before he was put in prison..Lol

Joh 3:25 An argument developed between some of John's disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26 They came to John and said to him,[size=15pt] "Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan-- the one you testified about --well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him [/size] ."

with this^^ Lets not forget about john 3:11.......... people do not accept our testimony"

So tell us again who is speaking undecided

Will address the rest tommorow
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by malvisguy212: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

No paul angry please.

God revealed himself in many ways to his author .Direct Voice - God spoke in an audible voice
to some of them, telling them what to write
down. ( Exodus 33:1)
Direct Writing - God visibly wrote certain of
the truths Himself. (Exodus 31:18)
Dreams - God used the dreams of men as a
channel through which He revealed prophetic
truths. ( Daniel 2:1-49)
Men - The personal experiences and spiritual
lives of individuals were used by God. (Psalm
51)
Natural World - The universe, which God
created, declares Him. (Psalm 19:1 and
Romans 1:19-23)
Historic Events - God used the events of men
to reveal His will (the Old Testament Books of
Genesis and Esther).
Holy Spirit - The Spirit of God guided men as
they penned His words (2 Peter 1:21)

Yes. Israel is my son—Compare Hosea 11:1. This
tender relation, now first revealed, is not a mere
metaphor, meaning “as dear to me as a son,” but a
reality. The Israel of God enjoys the sonship of
adoption by being taken into the True Son,
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
malvisguy212:
God revealed himself in many ways to his author .Direct Voice - God spoke in an audible voice
to some of them, telling them what to write
down. ( Exodus 33:1)
Direct Writing - God visibly wrote certain of
the truths Himself. (Exodus 31:18)
Dreams - God used the dreams of men as a
channel through which He revealed prophetic
truths. ( Daniel 2:1-49)
Men - The personal experiences and spiritual
lives of individuals were used by God. (Psalm
51)
Natural World - The universe, which God
created, declares Him. (Psalm 19:1 and
Romans 1:19-23)
Historic Events - God used the events of men
to reveal His will (the Old Testament Books of
Genesis and Esther).
Holy Spirit - The Spirit of God guided men as
they penned His words (2 Peter 1:21)

Yes. Israel is my son—Compare Hosea 11:1. This
tender relation, now first revealed, is not a mere
metaphor, meaning “as dear to me as a son,” but a
reality. The Israel of God enjoys the sonship of
adoption by being taken into the True Son,

My dear friend malvisguy212, you are sighted. Thanks for your contribution, you can now go wink
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

[s] Scr€w PublicschoolTrollin' huh...If you feel there's a flaw inv my statement, point it out and stop actin' like a poltroon..Your garble ain't havin' no effect.. Act logical for once. [/s]

Is it now a sin to laugh mr. pusillanimous
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:
I don't understand all these^^^ gibberish you just typed because it has been explained to previously.

I told you that John got his inspiration from God the holyspirit.

2Tim 3:16 says that, "All the scriptures is inspired by God".
Stop being adamant and elongating an argument. Smh

Peter whom Jesus handed over his Church never rejected the four Gospels.

There's no contradictions in the bible. It only appears to a lay man like you who read by bible with prejudice instead of open-mindness.

During my few days of being a deist, I actually explored and learnt a lot about Christianity/Bible contradictions.
Quote what other authors wrote for me to compare. smiley

You're mis-interpretting what the only begotten son mean.

Being the only begotten son doesn't mean he's the only first and last son.
It means he's the only son who was begotten but not made.

1) Psalm- It's pretty obvious it wasn't spoken in a literal way.
By the way, we were begotten by our parents not by God.

2) I have explained this one.

Begotten should mean someone who was procreated.
Adam and Eve was made not begotten.

A Woman can never begot a son or daughter but Man does.

Holyspirit blew wind into her and she became pregnant. Holyspirit is another spirit form of God the father.

Holy Spirit who is God the father, begot Jesus not Mary.
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Jesus was the one speaking in verse eleven (11) too?

Joh 3:11 I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen , but still you people do not accept our testimony .
* Notice the "we"
* Notice the
"we speak what we know"
"what we have seen
"Our testimony"
Jesus still talking is'nt it
If you want to be silly at least be smart 'bout it.
At the initial state you used the (KJV) translation to quote John 3 vs 16.. Now you've moved to (NIV). If we we're to go by this translation, John 3 vs 16 NIV reads "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son , that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
note the bolded, note that " his only begotten son" from KJV here reads "his one and only son"?
So if you had used the NIV translation from the initial stage, we would not be havin' this argument.

But let's get back to the bone of contention John 3 vs 11 KJV reads "Verily verily I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye recieve not our witness".. Meaning either himself, and John the Baptist his forerunner, who preached the same doctrine of regeneration, internal sanctification, and evangelical repentance, as well as outward reformation, as necessary to entrance into the kingdom of heaven, or the Gospel dispensation, he declared was just at hand; or his disciples with himself, who were now with him, and whom he had called to preach the same truths he himself did; or the prophets of the Old Testament, who agreed with him in these things; or the Father that was with him, and never left him alone, and the Holy Spirit that was upon him, by whom he was anointed to preach these things, and who spoke them in him; or else he may use the plural number of himself alone, as being one in authority, and speaking with it, as he sometimes did in Mark 4:30, and the rather this seems to be the sense, since he immediately, in the next verse, speaks in the singular number, "if I have told you earthly things", &....

Further reading of the verse.

John 3:24 (This was before John was put in prison.)

grin grin The alleged writer^^ before he was put in prison..Lol

Joh 3:25 An argument developed between some of John's disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26 They came to John and said to him,[size=15pt] "Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan-- the one you testified about --well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him [/size] ."
Will continue from here tommorow

You have acted silly again, I specifically told you in my previous post that Jesus started speakin' from verse 10 and stopped at verse 21, and you're talkin' of verse 23, this shows that you either did not read what I had posted earlier or you lack basic cognitive and deductive skills. Public school did have lots of negative effects on your person.
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2014
FrancisTony:

I don't understand all these^^^ gibberish you just typed because it has been explained to previously.
I told you that John got his inspiration from God the holyspirit.
2Tim 3:16 says that, "All the scriptures is inspired by God".
Stop being adamant and elongating an argument. Smh
Peter whom Jesus handed over his Church never rejected the four Gospels.
There's no contradictions in the bible. It only appears to a lay man like you who read by bible with prejudice instead of open-mindness.
During my few days of being a deist, I actually explored and learnt a lot about Christianity/Bible contradictions.
Quote what other authors wrote for me to compare. smiley
You're mis-interpretting what the only begotten son mean.
Being the only begotten son doesn't mean he's the only first and last son.
It means he's the only son who was begotten but not made.
1) Psalm- It's pretty obvious it wasn't spoken in a literal way.
By the way, we were begotten by our parents not by God.
2) I have explained this one.
Begotten should mean someone who was procreated.
Adam and Eve was made not begotten.
A Woman can never begot a son or daughter but Man does.
Holyspirit blew wind into her and she became pregnant. Holyspirit is another spirit form of God the father.
Holy Spirit who is God the father, begot Jesus not Mary.

To avoid derailing.

You can go , your contributions are noted
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by malvisguy212: 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

My dear friend malvisguy212, you are sighted. Thanks for your contribution, you can now go wink
before I go,is israel not a nation ?why did God called it 'my first born' ?how does it sound to you? Israel is the first son of God,God uses israel to reach out to the rest of the world,but jesus is the begotten Son of God(human form)
John 17:15.
Parallel Verses
New International Version
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with
the glory I had with you before the world began.
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Is it now a sin to laugh mr. pusillanimous

I doubt if you understand the meanin' of pusillanimous.. If you understood it's meanin', you'd not use it in tis' context...
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

You have acted silly again, I specifically told you in my previous post that Jesus started speakin' from verse 10 and stopped at verse 21, and you're talkin' of verse 23, this shows that you either did not read what I had posted earlier or you lack basic cognitive and deductive skills. Public school did have lots of negative effects on your person.

You are the one acting silly sir undecided

Again: Joh 3:25 An argument developed between some of John's disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26 They came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan-- the one you testified about --well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him ."

Please address the underlined if you are not silly undecided
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2014
malvisguy212:
before I go,is israel not a nation ?why did God called it 'my first born' ?how does it sound to you? Israel is the first son of God,God uses israel to reach out to the rest of the world,but jesus is the begotten Son of God(human form)
Parallel Verses

Malvisguy.. Just leave tis' guy with me.. Him don enter am... He has shot himself in the leg..and I'm goin' to make sure his heart stops too.. So we can finally bury his sinful body and ressurect him in Christ..
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
malvisguy212:
Parallel Verses

Okay, we have heard you. you can go smiley
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by JesusisLord85: 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

QUESTIONS

Thank you wink

https://www.nairaland.com/1891372/god-loved-world-casting-down
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Malvisguy.. Just leave tis' guy with me.. Him don enter am... He has shot himself in the leg..and I'm goin' to make sure his heart stops too.. So we can finally bury his sinful body and ressurect him in Christ..

undecided undecided
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You are the one acting silly sir undecided

Again: Joh 3:25 An argument developed between some of John's disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26 They came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan-- the one you testified about --well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him ."

Please address the underlined if you are not silly undecided

Oh! God. I doubt if you passed through the walls of a University..you're probably one of those half baked polytechnic graudates...

First, why didn't you continue with the KJV, why'd you switch.. Oh! i forgot its context suit your purpose no longer innit..??

Oh! My God... You don't know the difference between John the Disciple of Jesus and John the Baptist innit?...John ch 3 Verse 24 clarify's tis' and it places this event in the days before John the Baptist was cast into prison by Herod, at the urging of Herodias his illegal married wife. John had rebuked Herod for taking her to be his wife, she being the wife of Herod's brother Philip. Herodias in time would get her revenge in having John beheaded.
John ch 3 vs 24 reads "For John was not yet cast into prison"..
Tis' is what happens when you go to public school.. You totally misunderstand things.

Here's the premise, it's from my last message..the one you didn't read, or you probably didn't understand

Meaning either himself, and John the Baptist his forerunner, who preached the same doctrine of regeneration, internal sanctification, and evangelical repentance, as well as outward reformation, as necessary to entrance into the kingdom of heaven, or the Gospel dispensation, he declared was just at hand
Tis' was cut from my last quote..
We all know John the Baptist was the forerunner of Christ and he did testify of the comin' of Christ...
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by tonybosses: 12:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Rilwayne001:

No paul angry please.

In essence wt re u trying to say sir?

Ok what I mean there was that Jesus was nor "made" cos during creation it was nt mentioned

ALSO about all wt u wrote, I av a lot to say abt dem but guess wt it wuld keep us running in circles for 3 reasons

1)english is too weak to explain certain words in d initial text dt d bible was written.

2) in the bible some word were used figuratively at sum point nd at sum oda point it was used in d real context (meaning) of it... getting this clearn distinction wuld go along way to clearing mani misconception.

3) The bible is a book written tru d inspiration of the holy spirit many yrs ago but uptill tomoro it still has solutions to d issues dt confronts mani in this new age and era, how do that happen? Tru the holy spirit, if u read d bible without the holi spirit to lead u, it wuld b, but just an old book to u.
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by tonybosses: 12:34am On Dec 06, 2014
AlBaqir:

My bible says "who is he dt has said a word if the Lord God has not commanded"

I have a personal relationship wt God, if my bible says it, the holy spirit confirms it....i bliv it in totality.

If that isn't enuf to convince u? Seek for a personal relationship wt him nd u wuld hear nd see, nd ur doubt wt fly away.
Re: Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 by Rilwayne001: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Oh! God. I doubt if you passed through the walls of a University..you're probably one of those half baked polytechnic graudates...

Sir, i'm still in my teens and will cross-over to 20's early next year. I never claimed that i've been to the university undecided undecided , even though i'm done with my ND.

I'm an aspirant.

First, why didn't you continue with the KJV, why'd you switch.. Oh! i forgot its context suit your purpose no longer innit..??

You should question the writer of KJV yourself.

Oh! My God.. You don't know the difference between John the Disciple of Jesus and John the Baptist innit? ...John ch 3 Verse 24 clarify's tis' and it places this event in the days before John the Baptist was cast into prison by Herod, at the urging of Herodias his illegal married wife. John had rebuked Herod for taking her to be his wife, she being the wife of Herod's brother Philip. Herodias in time would get her revenge in having John beheaded.
John ch 3 vs 24 reads "For John was not yet cast into prison"..
Here's the premise, it's from my last message..the one you didn't read, or you probably didn't understand
Tis' was cut from my last quote..
We all know John the Baptist was the forerunner of Christ and he did testify of the comin' of Christ...

The bolded is it that i was'nt aware of, and thanks for the clarification wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anxiety Disorder Or Juju?? / See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) / Christians Are Really Facing Persecution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.