Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:35 AM

How To Make Someone Happy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Make Someone Happy (906 Views)

Just Wish Someone Happy Val / How Do You Greet Someone Happy New Year In Your Language? / Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Someone Happy by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2014
The gloomy sky was all she saw, and me, the romance that filled the air. The clouds that had gathered above, set off a song in my heart while the first drops of rain had her running for the clothesline, cursing under her breath. While the rains washed my fevered skin and the earthy smell made me heady, all she thought of was the cold and the cough and all those other nitty-gritty. Happiness was all I could see - in the dirt that washed away, in the children playing in the way, and what she saw was how she'd be locked in now and how miserably cold it would be. Looking at her all sad and sullen like that, I felt my happiness ebb. How do I make her happy, I thought. How to make her smile instead?
'The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.'
Mark Twain said that. So true, so true.
Sadness can get all pervading, have you noticed? I don't really like it. You see someone sad and you are affected quite immediately. Misery loves company, they say and I have a feeling it's true. The funk that sets in and refuses to leave. Or, maybe, they don'twantit to leave - the people who are sad. Have you thought about that? Self victimization, self pitying, self loathing...self this, self that, self thus. Am I trying to mock those who are sad? Far from it. I'm trying to get you to understand the basis of why sadness sets in and does not leave. Only when you know what you're dealing with will you be able to help them learn how to become happy, you know?
And now to the main factor - happiness is subjective and I cannot really say that something that makes me happywillmake you happy. But this much is true - no one can be sad for long. Human nature is such. Adjusting, accommodating, happiness seeking. The tears will dry some time and happiness will be sought. And at that point of time when they're ready to stop being miserable and you're around, you can help them be happy again. How to make someone happy? There are myriads of ways, scores of tricks and lots and lots of emotions to make that come through. You just need to know when to use what.
Re: How To Make Someone Happy by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2014
Ways to Make Someone Happy
How does one make someone happy? Give them what they want. Quite loaded with philosophy and yet the most simple answer that you can find. No frills, no thrills. But that's not how it works, is it? How about some practical ways of how to make someone feel better? That's what I thought.

Listen to Them...Talk...No.
First, listen. Let them vent. Too many people go about holding way too much negativity in their hearts. They need to be freed of that. Let them talk,urgethem to talk and you listen. Get them to talk, inquire about them and ask questions. When they've been freed of all that they've been carrying in their hearts, they'll feel free and happy. Plus, who does not like being given attention? Everyone does. This then is one great way to make people happy.

Appreciate Them...
Appreciate them. Simple and straightforward way of getting them happy. We never really stop to appreciate what we like about others, when it is one of the most simple ways of making someone happy. You appreciate someone for what they've done and you see the smile beaming across their face. Don't flatter, but don'tnotnotice things about people and appreciate them either. A little appreciation goes a long way in bringing happiness.

Make them Smile...
Hell, make them laugh. What will it take to make them smile? A funny video on YouTube? A re-run of their favorite comedy show act? A home cooked meal? Whatever it takes. A smile or a simple chuckle sends signals to the brain to stop being miserable, did you know? Result? You just can't be sad.
Re: How To Make Someone Happy by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:33am On Aug 01, 2014
Distract Them...
Miserable they must be feeling after a break up. Who can blame them? Then what do you do? Distract them. Don't let them sit and ponder over the 'how, what and what if'. Distract them with shopping, movies, spa treatments, best seats at the next game or whisking them away for a trip. Reacquaint them with the old them, get them to love their own selves. Urge them to join hobby classes and exercise sessions. Anything that will get their confidence soaring high. Once that is done and they start feeling better about themselves, you'll see the transformation of how happiness follows and stays on and on. Your job there is done.

Random Acts of 'Nice'...
According to me, the small, unexpected things are the best ways of making someone happy. I call them the random acts of nice. What are these? Depends on the person you're trying to make happy - A small card kept in your mum's purse telling her how much you love her, a piece of candy in your son's lunch box, a pink bow for your daughter's hair, a ride in the rains with that special someone, a surprise swim in the sea, an unexpected gift left on the doorstep, receiving flowers at work, a puppy in a basket...you get the drift? What will make him/her/them happy? Think. Think. Think.

I agree that making someone happy is not as simple as ABC. But we can try. And we will. Why? For them, for us and because everyone deserves to be happy in this world. That's why. So simple, so true.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-make-someone-happy.html
Re: How To Make Someone Happy by charijee(f): 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
I've been looking for you dear...
Re: How To Make Someone Happy by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
charijee: I've been looking for you dear...
Oh, really?
I'm here, sweet Momma cheesy
Re: How To Make Someone Happy by charijee(f): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Oh, really?
I'm here, sweet Momma cheesy
Hey son...why did you desert me?....did I do anything wrong?
Re: How To Make Someone Happy by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:37am On Aug 05, 2014
charijee: Hey son...why did you desert me?....did I do anything wrong?
ofcourse not!!
I should ask why you didn't look for me instead. Or did you ask about me? sad
Re: How To Make Someone Happy by charijee(f): 11:41am On Aug 05, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: ofcourse not!!
I should ask why you didn't look for me instead. Or did you ask about me? sad
I've been looking and praying you come back home. ....you know mama misses you so much. ....come give me a hug *arms open*
Re: How To Make Someone Happy by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
charijee: I've been looking and praying you come back home. ....you know mama misses you so much. ....come give me a hug *arms open*
*runs into her arms*
that side is now over-populated, that's why I've not been there.

How's your love?

(1) (Reply)

Is Anita Oyakhilome A True WOMAN OF GOD? / Mr.seun Osewa&the Mods-''i Am Grateful'' Tunde Ajani / Things That Only Happen In Nigera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.