Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ebola Virus And Miracle Claims -A Conversation With Myself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ebola Virus And Miracle Claims -A Conversation With Myself (589 Views)

Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministry Sermons / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus / Churches Raise Prayer Warriors Against Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Virus And Miracle Claims -A Conversation With Myself by esere826: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
I am a christian, with a strong leaning towords the envangelical strain
and its associated gift of miracle working

I am also a student of science and its requirement for some rigorous thinking

I recently read a post about a Nigerian pastor emphasising his 'potential' Ebola curing miracolus powers
The xtian gragra part of me was more than happy to accept this
but instantly, my science bit cautioned me to think a little bit and apply some logic

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus And Miracle Claims -A Conversation With Myself by esere826: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
Logic : Let's talk about sex outside the label of sin
if you have sex with a lady that was developed in a petri dish
without human contact till today and she is past the age of menopause
you won't think about using a condom would you?

afterall, folks use CDs for sex primarily for two reasons
1) Preventing unwanted Pregnancy
2) Preventing STD

Now, if folks feel otherwise, then you'd find out that they'll have loads of unprotected sex, right?
and a lot of them will end up with diseases and unwanted pregnancy
Whereas, those that were more cautious would then to have lesser incidence of such

So this calls for the application of some wisdom when advertising your 'potential' miracle working power

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus And Miracle Claims -A Conversation With Myself by esere826: 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
So this calls for the application of some wisdom when advertising your 'potential' miracle working power

Xtian gragra : you're a doubter of faith and the healing power of Jesus

Logic : Not so. Perhaps, it would be much better if the pastor moves his headquarters to the parts of Guinea that are infected
Xtian gragra : But daz not the way miracles work. You have to come to the source to show your willingness to get healed

Logic : But Jesus said we shld go into the world to preach the gospel and heal the sick
and besides, if the missionaries waited outside our shores, we won't have gone to them to get saved

xtian gragra and Logic then reach a compromise: Perhaps pastor can open the church in the infested villages in Guinea far from Nigeria and without going outside the church building simply advertise that they should all come to him for healing.
yes,

...that looks like faith

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus And Miracle Claims -A Conversation With Myself by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
xtian gragra and Logic then reach a compromise: Perhaps pastor can open the church in the infested villages in Guinea far from Nigeria and without going outside the Church building simply advertise that they should all come to him for healing.

When Christians actually use their brains! cool

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus And Miracle Claims -A Conversation With Myself by uzoexcel(m): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2014
following!!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Use To Fly Backward In My Dream! / Understanding The Charismatic Movement / The Pattern In The Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.