Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football (725 Views)

Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football / Nigeria Vs Liberia (6 - 1): AFCON 2013 Qualifier On Saturday October-13-2012 / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football by femi4: 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Liberia has suspended all football activities in an effort to control the spread of the deadly Ebola virus,BBC reports.

There was a risk of infection because football is a contact sport, the football association said.
The number of people killed by the virus in West Africa has now reached 672, according to new UN figures.
A major regional airliner, Asky, said it had halted flights to the Liberian and Sierra Leonean capitals because of growing concerns about the virus. It is the second airline company to take such a decision, following the deadliest Ebola outbreak ever.

Ebola kills up to 90 per cent of those infected, but patients have a better chance of survival if they receive early treatment.
It spreads through contact with an infected person’s bodily fluids.

The outbreak was first reported in Guinea in February. It then spread to Liberia and Sierra Leone.

SOURCE
Re: Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football by CyberEBOLA(m): 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hahahaha! Is that all they can do grin
Re: Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football by femi4: 7:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
CyberEBOLA: Hahahaha! Is that all they can do grin
Cyberebola? No send virus to my server
Re: Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football by 3RNEST(m): 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
femi4: Cyberebola? No send virus to my server
Lol.... grin #teamYBNL.....
Re: Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football by femi4: 5:21am On Aug 06, 2014
3RNEST:
Lol.... grin #teamYBNL.....
Another Ebola potential carrier quoting me
Re: Ebola Outbreak: Liberia Suspends Football by 3RNEST(m): 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
femi4: Another Ebola potential carrier quoting me
your yanch... angry

(1) (Reply)

Why Kolo Toure Turned Down Trabzonspor Move / Westbromwich Albion Vs Manchester United: 1:0 Live / See Photos Of Barcelona Players Take On Each Other In FIFA Game Try Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.