Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa (903 Views)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by lolaxavier(m): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
The discovery of a baby placenta in the residence of a man, identified simply as Alfa Gani, is causing confusion in the Laduba community, Ogidi area of Ilorin, Kwara State. Our correspondent gathered on Thursday that the discovery was made when some volunteers went round the Laduba community to appeal for financial contributions from residents for the repair of a faulty transformer in the area.It was said that the volunteers
perceived offensive odour at Gani’s residence, which they later reported to other members of the community. It was said that curious to know what smelled, some members of the community rushed to Gani’s residence and demanded an explanation for the offensive odour oozing from his house.
An eyewitness, who pleaded anonymity, told PUNCH Metro that Gani initially accused the community members of intruding into his privacy.
He was said to have rushed to the Oloje Police Station to report the community members. The source added that before Gani could come back with the police, the community members had entered his house and discovered a boy with a baby placenta. The enraged community members
were said to have beaten up the boy, making him to confess that he was asked to prepare a charm by Gani, who allegedly exhumed the placenta. While this was going on, our correspondent gathered that a woman, whose baby naming ceremony was recently held near Gani’s house, arrived at the scene. On seeing the placenta, she was said to have rushed to where the placenta of her new-born baby was buried, only to discover that it was missing. She was said to have raised the alarm, alerting the community members to the ugly development. When he came back with the policemen to arrest the community members, the commotion was still inprogress.

The source said, “The residents narrated their discovery to the policemen. It was at that point that the policemen decided to search the entire house including an uncompleted building behind the suspect’s house, after which they discovered some human parts.” It was gathered that the enraged mob vandalised Gani’s house and set it on fire. Our correspondent gathered that the policemen, who were overwhelmed by the crowd, managed to prevent them from lynching the suspect as they whisked Gani away to their station.
It was learnt that the incident fuelled speculations that there were dens of ritual killers and markets where human parts were traded in Ilorin.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Kwara State Command, Mr. Ajayi Okasanmi, however, told our correspondent that there was no den of ritual killers in the state capital. He said, “That is not true. What was discovered was not a den of ritual killers, but a suspected criminal who was used to performing fetish activities.
“The man was looking for a placenta of a new baby, exhumed the buried placenta and used it for whatever yet-to-be identified purpose. “He just came back from jail. He went to where a placenta was just buried about three days ago before the incident. He dug up the placenta and
while he was doing that, people saw him and tried to do things their own way.
In the process of damaging his house by the youth, the police got there and arrested the suspect with the exhibit. “The police have started investigation to get to the root of the matter.”

Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by delishpot: 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Police witg their wahala. Why speak too soon? Why not say you are investigating matter? They found human parts and he dug out a burried placenta and the police says its not serious? I smell bribe exchanging hands soon. He will be released soon
Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by cococandy(f): 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
These people and the love for human parts.
Na wa o.
This kind of god must be a blood thirsty one. Always wanting human things

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by tbaba1234: 1:22am On Aug 02, 2014
cococandy: These people and the love for human parts.
Na wa o.
This kind of god must be a blood thirsty one. Always wanting human things

Who are 'these people'??

Only one person is responsible for a crime here according to the report.
Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by cococandy(f): 2:01am On Aug 02, 2014
tbaba1234:

Who are 'these people'??

Only one person is responsible for a crime here according to the report.

The 'these people' in my post was quite clear.
Unless you know another set of worshippers who use human parts apart from alfas

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by tbaba1234: 2:05am On Aug 02, 2014
cococandy:

The 'these people' in my post was quite clear.
Unless you know another set of worshippers who use human parts apart from alfas

Really??

In this same Nigeria with okija shrina and all..

How many alfas have you caught with human parts and what is your basis for generalising?
Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by cococandy(f): 2:08am On Aug 02, 2014
See me see wahala

Okija shrine is run by who? Not native doctors? Are they different from alfas? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Because I call all of them alfas. I.e native doctors.
Abi only a set of them go with that title?
tbaba1234:

Really??

In this same Nigeria with okija shrina and all..

How many alfas have you caught with human parts and what is your basis for generalising?
Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by cococandy(f): 2:11am On Aug 02, 2014
Juju priest
Babalawo
Dibia anya nzu
Alfa.

I've always taken them to be one and the same.
Someone pls correct me if I've been wrong all along.
Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by tbaba1234: 2:14am On Aug 02, 2014
cococandy: See me see wahala

Okija shrine is run by who? Not native doctors? Are they different from alfas? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Because I call all of them alfas. I.e native doctors.
Abi only a set of them go with that title?

Ok, I would,

Native doctors are not the same thing as alfas.

If an 'alfa' engages in voodoo or rituals, they are going against established beliefs of their faith.

A native doctor on the other hand might see it as a practise of his faith.
Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by AyeeIdris(f): 6:32am On Aug 02, 2014
@CocoCandy Saying Alfas are synonymous to babalawos is lik saying pastors are synonymous with babalawos. Every religion has fake chartalans, but also good ones. Let's not generalise.
Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by cococandy(f): 7:50am On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks for this.
You don't know how many people like me who didn't know the difference.

tbaba1234:

Ok, I would,

Native doctors are not the same thing as alfas.

If an 'alfa' engages in voodoo or rituals, they are going against established beliefs of their faith.

A native doctor on the other hand might see it as a practise of his faith.

Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by cococandy(f): 7:51am On Aug 02, 2014
Correction taken. smiley
AyeeIdris: @CocoCandy Saying Alfas are synonymous to babalawos is lik saying pastors are synonymous with babalawos. Every religion has fake chartalans, but also good ones. Let's not generalise.
Re: Confusion As Residents Find Baby’s Placenta With Alfa by shizzle11(m): 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
you all could argue all you want, it doesnt change the fact that these pepople have taken their penchant for human parts to a whole new level

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! / After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself / Here's Why You Dont Need To Panic About Bedbugs Prt 1 By Chogon Fumigation &pest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.