Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself (903 Views)

I Have Not Seen My Husband For 10 Years, Woman Tells Court / My Husband Denied Me Sex For 8 Years, Woman Tells Court / Nine Reasons Why Some African Ladies End Up Single For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by remspotng: 2:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Briton |Grace Gelder |was so fed up with the dating scene and single life that she decided to become the first person in Britain to marry HERSELF.
Grace decided to commit to the most important person in her life, 'proposed' to herself last November on a park bench and staged a full wedding ceremony with 50 guests. According to her, after being
single for six years she had built up a brilliant relationship with herself - and creating that bond with someone else seemed like too much hard work.
Inspired by the Björk song Isobel, which includes the line, 'My name's Isobel, married to myself', the Londoner said the lyric struck a chord with her and it was then she decided to walk solo down the aisle.
Grace bought a dress, a ring, rehearsed vows and eventually wed in a farmhouse in rural Devon watched by her sister and friends -sealing the deal by planting a kiss on a mirror. Speaking to the Guardian, she said:

http://www.remspot.com.ng/2014/10/after-being-single-for-6-years-woman.html

Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by Dreal1247: 3:04am On Oct 05, 2014
This people will never cease to amaze someone. This is almost unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by yuncka: 3:11am On Oct 05, 2014
What will U wear on Ur wedding day.? Half suit and half gown?
Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 05, 2014
How will the marriage be consummated? Masturbation I guess undecided

2 Likes

Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by Spicylate(f): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Name: Briton Grace Gelder
Are you married: yes/no-------Yes
Name of spouse: Briton Grace Gelder? ??

2 Likes

Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by SAMBARRY: 8:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Shebi late Whitney Houston said the greatest love you can give is to yourself. Nobody can love you better than yourself so carry go

next

1 Like

Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by eleojo23: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmmm... Whites don't seize to amaze me with their strange behaviours. ..

Happy married life to her?? undecided undecided
Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by timsbee(f): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
Like seriously

Is dis a movie?
Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by Kunbee: 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
I understand her jare.

Ride on sis
Re: After Being Single For 6 Years, Woman Marries Herself by lonelydora: 5:04am On Oct 06, 2014
She's not serious.

(1) (Reply)

Here's Why You Dont Need To Panic About Bedbugs Prt 1 By Chogon Fumigation &pest / This Tweet Sums Up Feminism / How A Man Can Manage/ Control His Anger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.