Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Infinix zero discussion thread! - Phones (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix zero discussion thread! (572001 Views)

Innjoo Leap 2 Discussion Thread / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by niggi4life(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
immanuello: Shhhhh yeye infinix promoter,promoting rubish since 1900,i dont just conclude i had seen d camera quality.pls leave d price aside,let talk about quality,can you compare it camera quality to s5,sony xperia z3 or samsung galaxy note 2 or note 3 camera.if it cam or match then i will buy,though this phone has good specs though d battery is ok by me.So i am not against you but i say d blunt truth,dont be blind to truth.
am not here to either praise the fone or condem it but believe me d camera is far better than most phones, its far better than all tecno fones(including tecno z) the flash brightens so well at night and taking pics at night is wonderful.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by tecno4life(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
16GB version is now on Konga.com !!!!!!!!!!!
But gold aint yet available only white http:///infinix-zero-16gb-x506-white-1161014
who knows how much d price of glo micro sim is??
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by LeVirtuoso: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
Just got my Zero after 10 days (6 working days) from Konga. The phone handles exceptionally well and the camera is quite remarkable. Even the build is sturdy so I don't understand the many negative reviews on here. Just ordered the 16gb version and I'm hoping to be as impressed. For the specs it possesses, the under-25k pricetag should make you prepared for any eventuality in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Fidel24: 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
Please for those who are using the phone, is the (green) notification light supposed to off wen d battery has attained a full charge or should it be unplugged as soon as it attains a 100% charge Urgent reply plz!
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by MizTyna(f): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fidel24: Finally I got my own Infinix today and it's cool. D front side design is nice and seems to be Gorilla3. But dat glass behind already got a one line scratch. I wonder. And I saw one annoying paper label 'made in China'. And another light inscription on d body 'Designed by Infinix in France'. I neva see light to charge and test d sim and memory slots! I'm satisfied wit d xternal hardware, just praying I'll continue to be.

N/B seems like d scratch I noticed on d bak appears to b on d transparent material covering d bak and not d main glass. I'm sorry 4dat.

Was it the 2+16?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by MizTyna(f): 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fidel24: Plz is it wise to charge it with a laptop dis first time Plz o ansa!

Pls charge with an electric source,just to be on the safe side

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by MizTyna(f): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
Jerana15:

miztyna d carlcare guys in Benin city said I have to leave d phone with dem to tk to lag and return it in 6weeks tym...can u imagine undecided

miztyna d carlcare guys in Benin city said I have to leave d phone with dem to tk to lag and return it in 6weeks tym...can u imagine

Wow! Am so sorry,will see if i can fast track that
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by MizTyna(f): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
LeVirtuoso: Just got my Zero after 10 days (6 working days) from Konga. The phone handles exceptionally well and the camera is quite remarkable. Even the build is sturdy so I don't understand the many negative reviews on here. Just ordered the 16gb version and I'm hoping to be as impressed. For the specs it possesses, the under-25k pricetag should make you prepared for any eventuality in my opinion.

Glad to hear this,enjoy
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by MizTyna(f): 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fidel24: Please for those who are using the phone, is the (green) notification light supposed to off wen d battery has attained a full charge or should it be unplugged as soon as it attains a 100% charge Urgent reply plz!

No,it remains until you unplug
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Fidel24: 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizTyna:

Was it the 2+16?

Nope. D 8gb

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by IamAbeGroups(m): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
Infinix Zero White (2GB RAM/16GB)
Infinix Zero Black (1GB RAM/8GB)
Infinix Zero White (1GB RAM/8GB)
Order here---> http://andrewabe..com/2014/09/meet-infinix-zero-x506.html

FOR MORE CONTACT:
08069278428(whatsapp),
7F2FF016 (BBM PIN)
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by IamAbeGroups(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
INFINIX ZERO 2G RAM, 16GB ROM WHITE COLOR NOW AVAILABLE HERE - http://andrewabe..com/2014/09/meet-infinix-zero-x506.html

FOR MORE CONTACT:
08069278428 (whatsapp),
7F2FF016 (BBM PIN)
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Jerana15(m): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizTyna:

Wow! Am so sorry,will see if i can fast track that

OK thanks alot
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Karles(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Now easy there with the criticisms. Okay? Let me say somethings about the Infinix zero which i would like you to understand. I lost my smartphone at a bus stop location, Oshodi to be precise, to pick pockets sometime in August only for me to stumble on an infinix ad on my timeline. It was the Zero phone. It looked sleek and seemed to have promise. Now for your information, the phone i lost was the infinix race bolt. Guess you remember. The phone some guys said got as hot as a pressing iron, remember? On seeing this phone i decided to go for yet another one which was this zero. So i pre ordered and when and got the phone on the 5th of september. It looked cool to me. Most especially when i got to know that it was going to run on android 4.4.2 (kitkat).

Now infinix is only trying to help people enjoy the benefits of mobile technology at an earlier time in life. Just give the company a chance. If you can just tell yourself the truth you'll find out that this company has vision. Hey, they began in 2012. My racebolt OEM was from a company called Alps. Today, the zero is from an OEM called Infinix. Which means they are good.

Now, back to the zero. There are some issues that have been discussed from the page 42, i guess, to this page of which some people talked about of which i would help throw more light. These are:

1 Micro SIM tray
Let's tell ourselves the truth, how many of we nairalanders have used a phone with a MicroSIM tray? Now before we all go shouting, i use a samsung or apple or whatever, I want you guys to know that there are people who have never used one of which Infinix is trying expose this to us.

Another problem is this. If you have never used a micro SIM tray before what makes you think that you would use it properly. Mind you, all the MicroSim trays i have seen are only single SIM but this is one is double. This means that the tray would be longer and most likely be prone to breakages if not handled properly. When i recovered my MTN SIM, i discovered it had been pre-cut for either Mini SIM or MicroSIM so i could just peel out the microSIM part of the SIM and put it in the zero and it entered snugly, no problems. But when i went to recover my Etisalat line, i told them i wanted to a MicroSIM of which a SIM cutter of some sort was used. Now, by the time i put it into the SIM tray i noticed it became stiff. On removing the card, i flattened the edges of the SIM and that was it. The tray went in just as if there were no SIMs on it. My etisalat data connection wasn't working and i thought it was SIM1 3g SIM2 2g but i was wrong but sides had the capability of 3g they could be swapped just by choosing the right settings. So i went to etisalat office and they rectified the problem on the network, it wasn't the zero, it was the network. So ensure that the micro SIM edges are smooth. That's all. It will go in smoothly. Another thing, choose the networks you want to use on the phone finally. Opening and closing sim trays is risky, most especially double sim like this one.

2. Gorilla Glass
One of the hypes that got people salivating was Corning Gorilla Glass 3. They said no scratches. As a matter of fact, a video was posted on you tube showing someone using a key to scratch the glass to prove the ad right. I just couldn't help laughing. If you ask me, that wasn't necessary.
What i have noticed is that people seemed to have let their guard down when they heard this. This is say to we can all throw our phones around anyhow, after all it is corning gorilla glass 3. This is mentality is wrong. You should take care of your Zero with the same amount of care you would any phone so that when it drops by accident it would be there for you (mind you my phone fell from my breast pocket to a tiled floor and its still there no problems).

3. Etisalat data bonus
This bonus is quite misleading if you ask me. It said free 500mb monthly. But when you get the pack, it would tell that only the first month is free and that the 2nd to the 12th month would require a monthly subscription of 2000 naira 500mb to get the 500 mb monthly data. I am using the first mont which indeed is free.

4. Battery life
If there is anything that baffles me is when some leaves data connection on all throughout the day, then plays games, watches videos, social media, browsing, downloading which is pretty much what the youth do with phones these days, and then expect 10 more hours on charge on a low midrange phone. It doesn't make sense. The zero isn't as bad as you think. Firstly, get a powerbank. Secondly, to last longer on your phone do these:
-Your display should be set to the lowest. You might be suprised at how clear it would still be.
-Switch off your data connection when you are not using it. If you must be on at all times for social media notifications, switch to 2g data connection.
-Whenever you have finished using the phone, switch off the screen.

5. The difference between my former racebolt and this zero.
-the racebolt cost me 26500 naira while my zero cost me 20,900
-the google play services could not run on my racebolt but the google play services was already pre installed and i updated it.
-bolt was 4.0.4 Zero was 4.4.2
-bolt didn't have other OTA, Zero is promising OTA.
-bolt was 1700maH, Zero is 1920maH

If your phone has a factory fault or goes bad for no fault of your own. the Zero is under 12months warranty. Just use the carl care app on your phone to locate the nearest center to you.

i am just loving the phone. Here's the screenshot of my Home screen:

8 Likes

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
I‘m jus hoping dis 2+16gb version comes wif a power bank 4rm d packet......
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by AnnieD: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
I've got mine too.. Few days ago.. The white.. Fear no let me commot the nylon from back... Has anyone started using bis on theirs?? My 500mb don finish oh sad

2 Likes

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Proseoca: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
AnnieD: I've got mine too.. Few days ago.. The white.. Fear no let me commot the nylon from back... Has anyone started using bis on theirs?? My 500mb don finish oh sad

Please be sincere how sleek is the white colour?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by kaynine59(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
I am d guy that had d back of his fone cracked... There is nothing wrong with the fone..even if I dnt know hw d fone cracked doesn't mean it's bad. U need to watch a YouTube video on 720p quality on ur highest brightness on d zero... Its fantastiic... The only department I have issues with the fone is it beign dis cheap.. They should have made it 35k plus lol. Just kidding tho... D battery isn't so great but I noticed only Internet eg browsing et all drains ur battery esp when on H+ and downloading and all dat... Gaming on the zero doesn't really zap battery life as I have fifa14 and mc4 and gta etc running well on the fone.... I gt a powerbank as well of 20,000mah so dat solves the power issues.

If u wanna buy... Buy... If u feel u shd go for a more expensive fone... All good... We r adults and shd make our decisions.... The guy dat posted d facebook comments and d guy quarrelling with him una get time sha... U guys shd man up and quit all dat childish fight.

Infinix ddnt do bad at all cos I dnt knw wia ud get a fone running kitkat outta the box for such an amount. They should just made d battery like 2400mah and above den dis fone woulda been a beast.

MzTyna abeg speeded up ma repairs if I go to carlcare Ikeja na abeg lol...... Have fun all... Good evening.. If u need more reviews let. E knw as I have been using the zero for a week and 4days...bleas fire

2 Likes

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Uchboggy(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
AnnieD: I've got mine too.. Few days ago.. The white.. Fear no let me commot the nylon from back... Has anyone started using bis on theirs?? My 500mb don finish oh sad
this is not the first android am using,av been using airtel bis ever since and am still using it on my zero now. Team zero
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by kaynine59(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sorry for d typos lol my SwiftKey no fit keep up with my typing rate lol
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by hay2zed50(m): 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
Please Miz tyna,can you help fastrack my 16+2 version delivery since you said they've started calling. I'll appreciate the favour
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by AnnieD: 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Proseoca:
Please be sincere how sleek is the white colour?
It's nice actually.. This is my first time of using a white phone... It's just that it doesn't have a pouch yet

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by AnnieD: 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
Uchboggy: this is not the first android am using,av been using airtel bis ever since and am still using it on my zero now. Team zero
how na?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Juliano47(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sigh...confusion! If only someone would tell me which τ̅o get between 1)Zero 2) M2 3)injoo i2s....someone with experience and sincere intentions! When I visit the Gionee M2 thread, they say such sweet things and the battery is a plus for a gamer and internet addict like me...and the Zero has great specs and τнατ CG3 is cool for a lousy handler like me & Camera, oh! How I love pictures....I'm in fix, great kings of androids, help! Pls
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Uchboggy(m): 7:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
Juliano47: Sigh...confusion! If only someone would tell me which τ̅o get between 1)Zero 2) M2 3)injoo i2s....someone with experience and sincere intentions! When I visit the Gionee M2 thread, they say such sweet things and the battery is a plus for a gamer and internet addict like me...and the Zero has great specs and τнατ CG3 is cool for a lousy handler like me & Camera, oh! How I love pictures....I'm in fix, great kings of androids, help! Pls
all these fones you are mentioning are no where near the infinix zero.you are the one confusing yourself

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by MizTyna(f): 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
Evening everyone! Power banks are available for sale on Konga and microstation
Powerbank Oraimo 5200Mah #1995 if u buy without the Infinix zero,it costs #2300
Infinix powerbank 4200 cost #2750,buying without the Infinix zero costs #3000
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by MizTyna(f): 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2014

Lol! Pls go ahead and remove the nylon,no shaking!
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by MizTyna(f): 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
hay2zed50: Please Miz tyna,can you help fastrack my 16+2 version delivery since you said they've started calling. I'll appreciate the favour

If i promise to,everybody will also want me to do theirs. Pls be patient,you'll get it very soon.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
All i need now is d pouch,i don't like my phone without pouch... Miztyna?
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Fidel24: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
D phone is gr8. And I got the tisalat mb wit just one click. My two SIM ports are gud. But wat I'd gv a score 6/10 is d battery power. But a power bank will make u smile broader... I'm glad my Infinix Zero finally came faultless after all said and done. For dose of u that are xpecting urs any moment, I wish u all a sound and faultless Infinix Zero. Tnx!

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by lilmizzy(f): 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
finally got mine today...
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by washlax: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
I ordered for infinix zero on the 10th of september from konga.when will I expect it.I stay in delta state.please question goes to
infinix rep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (249) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.