Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Infinix zero discussion thread! - Phones (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix zero discussion thread! (571031 Views)

Innjoo Leap 2 Discussion Thread / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by holluwadre: 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
those of you using the infinix zero is the camera really up to the standard of 13mp
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Genes1s: 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
^^ the camera is very sharp, I personally compared it 2 my friends z10 (8mp). The camera is really 13mp. Although m still findin it hard to get d right settings 2 snap pictures at night without d phone's gold color affectin it.

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by hay2zed50(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
damcqute: i guess i am just one lucky guy. i know a lot of you wont believe but i have no complaints about the battery on my device. i was gonna get a power bank before but i doubt if i need it anymore. what i noticed is that after i charge it, sometimes the battery drops about 10-15% rapidly.. after which the battery stabilizes and it can remain on a percentage for almost 10 minutes. it got to a point that i thought the battery meter had stopped working. but, nope. It was working well.

just yesterday, i stopped charging the phone around 8am, went to write an exam.. finished the exam around 3pm and started using the phone till i slept off. i woke up this morning with about 25% left on it. i was amazed. and i didnt charge it once. so... maybe i am just lucky. THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT. Just sharing my experience. i'll share a screenshot of the battery use graph soon. i am just trying to say, if you know how to handle the device, the battery can go over 24hours. cheers.
Same here too,at first it drops rapidly to like 85% then stabilize,yesterday,when I charged it and the rapid dropping happened,I browsed and played games for hours,until I had 48%, I then left it and slept in the night,and my 48% remained for the nxt day till around 5PM without droppin at all. Luck or handling matters
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Impulse80(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
damcqute: I am just downloading the update now. From what I read before it started, it doesn't look like a major update. The only thing that may be useful to me is the WAKE GESTURE. I doubt if the update will improve battery life or address other issues. Although I hope it improves it. Who wouldn't love a longer battery life?

Like I said in my earlier post, here is the screen shot from yesterday's experience. Maybe I will be accused of "photoshoping" it since I am now a "marketer" hehe.

you did not use this phone na. Look at the standby and phone idle! Do not post rubbish to justify this lousy device again! We all know you are a marketer. Anyone doubting should check your topics. Posting battery stats of a phone without sim card inserted! WTF!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by jasp12(m): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Genes1s: ^^ the camera is very sharp, I personally compared it 2 my friends z10 (8mp). The camera is really 13mp. Although m still findin it hard to get d right settings 2 snap pictures at night without d phone's gold color affectin it.

Read my previous post on this thread to get the solution....the setting that gives you the lowest count of pics remaining is the best
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Genes1s: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
jasp12:

Read my previous post on this thread to get the solution....the setting that gives you the lowest count of pics remaining is the best
I think if u really wanna help, u would av used d time u used to post this reply to answer my questn.

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Alamation(m): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
my system update for infinix zero stopped downloading and when I tried to restart its saying I av a downloading task already. pls how can I restart it
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by xzibukz(m): 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
hay2zed50: Same here too,at first it drops rapidly to like 85% then stabilize,yesterday,when I charged it and the rapid dropping happened,I browsed and played games for hours,until I had 48%, I then left it and slept in the night,and my 48% remained for the nxt day till around 5PM without droppin at all. Luck or handling matters

same here also.
i use the @
2+16gb version & the ba3 is more than excellent for me, never even thought of getting a powe bank.
just make sure u charged the phone 1st after purchased b4 using it.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by damcqute(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
hay2zed50: Same here too,at first it drops rapidly to like 85% then stabilize,yesterday,when I charged it and the rapid dropping happened,I browsed and played games for hours,until I had 48%, I then left it and slept in the night,and my 48% remained for the nxt day till around 5PM without droppin at all. Luck or handling matters

Thank you for this. it was beginning to look like i was telling ghost stories and unduely promoting the phone.the phone is an amazing device. browsing with is flawless and thats what i do with it mostly alongside tweeting for the main time. i would begin serious gaming as soon as i am less busy.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by damcqute(m): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
xzibukz:

same here also.
i use the @
2+16gb version & the ba3 is more than excellent for me, never even thought of getting a powe bank.
just make sure u charged the phone 1st after purchased b4 using it.

exactly what i have been saying. Haters are just that.. HATERS!
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by maxjax(m): 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
go to settings and look for system update and clear data. you find it in applications.

Alamation: my system update for infinix zero stopped downloading and when I tried to restart its saying I av a downloading task already. pls how can I restart it
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by damcqute(m): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Impulse80: you did not use this phone na. Look at the standby and phone idle! Do not post rubbish to justify this lousy device again! We all know you are a marketer. Anyone doubting should check your topics. Posting battery stats of a phone without sim card inserted! WTF!

I GUESS YOU ARE ALSO BLIND TO THE WIFI ASPECT!!! I make use of wifi and not 3G cos i am yet to cut my sims. and yes it was idle for a while but i also used it to surf the net most of the time it was active, took pictures and played a couple of games. besides, instagram and twitter and facebook were all active in the background. what did you expect? that i will stay awake for over 24 hours pressing the phone like a jobless person?? Nope. that was to show that on light usage the phone has capabilities of going a whole day. the picture only shows the part with greater power consumption. If the device is so lousy, why are you burning your data commenting on this thread? move on and go create a thread to promote your own favorite phone.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Chimezie250(m): 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
jasp12:

dont mind the mofo let them keep on deceiving themselves, design the phone is cool but performance zeros,imagine I couldn't use the phone for complete week, was like how did I got myself into this and the worst part this marketer keep on hyping de trash, even infinix were mocking iphone6 on their facebook page
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Chimezie250(m): 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
damcqute:

I GUESS YOU ARE ALSO BLIND TO THE WIFI ASPECT!!! I make use of wifi and not 3G cos i am yet to cut my sims. and yes it was idle for a while but i also used it to surf the net most of the time it was active, took pictures and played a couple of games. besides, instagram and twitter and facebook were all active in the background. what did you expect? that i will stay awake for over 24 hours pressing the phone like a jobless person?? Nope. that was to show that on light usage the phone has capabilities of going a whole day. the picture only shows the part with greater power consumption. If the device is so lousy, why are you burning your data commenting on this thread? move on and go create a thread to promote your own favorite phone.
can u imagine, u re not even using de crap,please stop deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by pauljokotagba: 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
Lmao after reading all these reviews about this infinix zero whatever, because I personally watched how the phone was unveiled in Nigeria with the Chinese guy scratching the screen of the phone with a stone just to prove is a gorilla glass. Lol
Them do one correct phone den market am and u guys dey buy crap.
This are my own objections about the phone.:
1. A phone with an octacore cpu can't run v. Well with a low capacity battery like your infinix zero cos u need at least 4500mah for u to enjoy the phone, because what sucks the battery most is the cpu talk less of cell standby
2. The phone doesn't come with a gorilla glass rather a chicken glass
3. Love the phone specs but with this everyday complaints from people and u don turn to carlcare best friends. That's B S
4. If u want to buy a phone go for a correct product, I rep Samsung Galaxy s3, I rest my case.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by damcqute(m): 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Chimezie250: can u imagine, u re not even using de crap,please stop deceiving yourself
K.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by xbee24: 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
plz does the phone come wt an etisalat sim(micro) when purchased from konga ?, does it support sims of other network providers ? and i need help as regards the free 500MB for etisalat subscribers.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
To those complaining about it getting hot, go disable the "WiFi" scanning even when it's off, under advanced. I tried this and the battery improved, and the temperature reduced drastically. As for the battery, I think it's pretty ok, just don't use it while charging. U might wanna invest in a pouch/screen protector , although I don't use one, and my screen's still clean, just be careful with it, it might not be a corning gorilla glass like they claim. If you wanna buy it, as long as you're not careless, feel free
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by nani667: 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
pauljokotagba: Lmao after reading all these reviews about this infinix zero whatever, because I personally watched how the phone was unveiled in Nigeria with the Chinese guy scratching the screen of the phone with a stone just to prove is a gorilla glass. Lol
1. A phone with an octacore cpu can't run v. Well with a low capacity battery like your infinix zero cos u need at least 4500mah for u to enjoy the phone, because what sucks the battery most is the cpu talk less of cell standby
3. Love the phone specs but with this everyday complaints from people and u don turn to carlcare best friends. That's B S
4. If u want to buy a phone go for a correct product, I rep Samsung Galaxy s3, I rest my case.

Correct dude..... The amount one would spend on this problematic device will get a good used Samsung Galaxy S3.... Correct (Original) Quad Core, Original 8MP Camera, Correct Gorilla Glass 2 (which I'm sure is alot more reliable that the alleged Gorilla Glass 3 on the Infinix Zero), 16GB Internal Memory.... 2GB RAM (if you're able to get the 2GB RAM variant), and loads more.... correct value for money ✔

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by damcqute(m): 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
pauljokotagba: Lmao after reading all these reviews about this infinix zero whatever, because I personally watched how the phone was unveiled in Nigeria with the Chinese guy scratching the screen of the phone with a stone just to prove is a gorilla glass. Lol

I agree with you. but one question though.. how many people can afford a brand new Samsung galaxy s3?
thats the issue here. this phone was not produced for people who use big phones already. it was released at such a ridiculous price so everyone can have a feel of what a real and powerful android phone is like. The issues it is having can only be seen as a complication or side effect.
i used galaxy s2 when it came out long ago and people were referring to it as a TAB then cos they didnt know what it is. then i got the s3 about 2 years ago and within 30 mins, it fell and the screen cracked immediately. a phone that cost me 85 grand. just imagine how you would feel. so, you should know that no device is perfect. Even the newly released iphone6+ bends when pressure is applied on it. but no one is calling it crap or a lousy phone because of the brand.... except haters ofcourse.

Everything is a risk. i bought this infinix cause of the specs(2gb RAM+OCTACORE) and price. How many devices out there provide such specs? i didnt expect a super battery so i wasnt disappointed.

People just want to EAT their cakes and HAVE it. smh

3 Likes

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Chimezie250(m): 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
xbee24: plz does the phone come wt an etisalat sim(micro) when purchased from konga ?, does it support sims of other network providers ? and i need help as regards the free 500MB for etisalat subscribers.
it doesn't come with free sim, free 500mb for first month, from 2nd month u have to purchase 500mb for you to enjoy free 500mb that means u have purchase 2k worth of mb,
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by damcqute(m): 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
and i have updated my OS. YES!!! The gestures are working perfectly. to those who think it is not working, you have to go to settings to enable it.
It is called wake gesture. so when the screen is off, instead of pressing the unlock button, all you need to do is draw whichever gersture you want and the application will open. for example, if you swipe down, it will open the PHONE app so you can make a call faster. i set drawing C to open the camera app. you can have as many as about 10 gestures. (i didnt count.)

now this is another plus. The OTA update is probably the best thing about this device so far when compared to most other android devices.

Go update yours and enjoy.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by maltharzaer(m): 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello peeps. I need some assistance here: I was recording a video earlier today at a show I went for...and my Infinix Zero fell from my hand. The screen got cracked and it won't respond to touch anymore. Is it possible to get it fixed at Carlcare, and does my Warranty cover the damage? I need honest opinions... Cos my cool day was soiled with this Infinix Lies and wickedness. I've had my Galaxy Core Dall from farther distance without as much as a scratch. Help Guys
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Chimezie250(m): 11:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
maltharzaer: Hello peeps. I need some assistance here: I was recording a video earlier today at a show I went for...and my Infinix Zero fell from my hand. The screen got cracked and it won't respond to touch anymore. Is it possible to get it fixed at Carlcare, and does my Warranty cover the damage? I need honest opinions... Cos my cool day was soiled with this Infinix Lies and wickedness. I've had my Galaxy Core Dall from farther distance without as much as a scratch. Help Guys
your warranty no cover,just hold atleast 5.800 n ur tfair to no 77 opebi road of Allen avenue ikeja.infinix have a nice customer relation the will entertain u wella

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by swisscarter(m): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Just going through this thread from the beginning....

I would say am wowed......

octa core processor
gorilla glass
HD IPS material

all THOSE HEAVY LOAD ON A 1920MAH BATTERY.....THATS MESSED UP Y'ALL

ABEG WEY "TECNO4life"?

na him mouth I for hear about INFINIX zero....and e just jump enter INFINIX....

now see battery probs......

ANDROID NA ALL ABOUT BA3...BAD BATTERY LIFE=YEYE ANDROID NO MATTER THE SPEC OOOO

INFINIX ZERO.....WHAT A BEFITTING NAME

I SAW SOMETHING SOMEWHERE ABOUT INFINIX SAYING "FROM ZERO TO HERO'

BUT TO ME ITS THE OPPOSITE.....
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by swisscarter(m): 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
maltharzaer: Hello peeps. I need some assistance here: I was recording a video earlier today at a show I went for...and my Infinix Zero fell from my hand. The screen got cracked and it won't respond to touch anymore. Is it possible to get it fixed at Carlcare, and does my Warranty cover the damage? I need honest opinions... Cos my cool day was soiled with this Infinix Lies and wickedness. I've had my Galaxy Core Dall from farther distance without as much as a scratch. Help Guys
Gorilla glass ni!!!!!!!

ur warranty still covers but they will charge you @a lesser price than a normal roadside repairer

Gorilla glass

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Chimezie250(m): 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
swisscarter: Just going through this thread from the beginning....

I would say am wowed......

octa core processor
gorilla glass
HD IPS material

all THOSE HEAVY LOAD ON A 1920MAH BATTERY.....THATS MESSED UP Y'ALL

ABEG WEY "TECNO4life"?

na him mouth I for hear about INFINIX zero....and e just jump enter INFINIX....

now see battery probs......

ANDROID NA ALL ABOUT BA3...BAD BATTERY LIFE=YEYE ANDROID NO MATTER THE SPEC OOOO

INFINIX ZERO.....WHAT A BEFITTING NAME

I SAW SOMETHING SOMEWHERE ABOUT INFINIX SAYING "FROM ZERO TO HERO'

BUT TO ME ITS THE OPPOSITE.....
that is it, they where even saying with octocore the battery will last longer delusional at it peak,p4 with 1800mah capacity beat zero performance wise
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2014

Only few phones that are designed to optimize battery have anything close to 4000mAh. Even your s3 uses 2100mAh, the 8 processors don't run simultaneously, they kind of share the load.
You don't use the phone, yet you are saying it doesn't have a corning gorilla glass, like you bought one and it broke the next day.
The only issue I've had with mine so far is the fact that it gets hot when playing Asphalt 8 with it, and God bless that guy who suggested turning off wifi scanning, the temperature has really improved. I'm not an infinix agent, and I'm not saying people don't have issues with theirs, but the phone is really good, and every phone has it's own downside(s). At least, some people(even if they're few) bought the almighty iPhone for almost $1000 and it bent. We gotta give it up for infinix, they really tried, and hopefully they'll fix these issues in future editions.

1 Like

Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by swisscarter(m): 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Chimezie250: that is it, they where even saying with octocore the battery will last longer delusional at it peak,p4 with 1800mah capacity beat zero performance wise
exactly...I almost fell for this INFINIX oooo

until my eye jam gionee p4....and I can swear that my p4 battery last pass this one..... despite a quad core and 4.4.2 KitKat..... up gionee jare

THE FUNNY THING ABOUT INFINIX BE SAY THE BATTERY IS "NON REMOVABLE". IF IT WAS REMOVABLE EHEN WE FOR FIT FIND SOLUTION OR ANOTHER CUSTOMIZED BATTERY.........

Izero
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by Chimezie250(m): 12:11am On Oct 02, 2014
sometime I the pity the guy that bought my, the cover plastic material is fake ,the phone the scratch inside pocket seif join ,I don't know how nafdac, son approved the phone
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by xbee24: 12:15am On Oct 02, 2014
I think i would better go get Gionee M2 than to get thiz so-called Gorilla glass Infinix Zero.... Cant just waste 25k just like that.
Re: Infinix zero discussion thread! by swisscarter(m): 12:17am On Oct 02, 2014
xbee24: I think i would better go get Gionee M2 than to get thiz so-called Gorilla glass Infinix Zero.... Cant just waste 25k just like that.
guy you better buy m2 and save 5k take do better thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (249) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.