Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Read This Familiar Story Although You've Not Heard It This Way Before - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Read This Familiar Story Although You've Not Heard It This Way Before (792 Views)

If You've Not Read Apollo By Chimamanda Adichie Now Will Be A Perfect Time. / My Take: Am I The Only Person That Feels This Way? / Best Books You've Read This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read This Familiar Story Although You've Not Heard It This Way Before by godwinkalu123(m): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
DRASTIC ENCOUNTERS 023

If you were in my shoes, be sincere, wouldn't you have done worse? Was I not accepting so much in a hurry? Would you have spared an angel, who appeared to you for the first time only with no other message than such with potential to scatter an engagement that took you months to nurture?

I have read about angels when they appeared to our Fathers. Such angelic visitations brought about a major turning point in their lives. For instance, when an angel appeared to our Father Abraham, Isaac was the result; and to Manoah, the birth of Samson confirmed that indeed a man encountered an angel. When an angel visited Gideon, victory over the enemies was the result. So, an angel appearing to me was enough for me to quickly envisage a thanksgiving service in my mind because as I supposed, my story couldn't have been different.

In a matter of seconds, his visit reproduced question marks all over my countenance. Even the angel must have perceived that I was about erupting as soon as he lands. Now, would you have taken it lightly with an angel who came to you just few months to your long anticipated wedding and for the first time to announce to you that you will get pregnant almost immediately; the source of the pregnancy not such that is common to the usual and then He expects you to understand with him just like that?

Wouldn't you have found a way to lock him up till your fiance showed up and then, ask him to repeat what He had told you earlier? Or possibly alert neighhours who who could possibly serve as eye witnesses? This sounds logical to do perhaps so that no one including trusted friends and people around would have any basis to doubt your trust or question your innocence when your stomach starts protruding. Who wouldn't have concluded that I had been cheating on my fiance, Joseph all this while?

As I kept calm to digest his greeting. His voice sounded thus: "Thou art highly favoured! Blessed art thou amongst women....You shall conceive by the Holy Ghost and give birth to a son..." (Paraphrased). Quickly, a voice within said: "Is that Good news? Where is the favour inside it? Hope you know that not even your Father can take this from you in the name of anything. Pregnancy outside marriage? By the Holy Spirit? come on, rebuke that angel now. Then,I thought: "won't He go and convince my parents whom I know too well would not condone pregnancy outside marriage?" I quickly remembered Joseph then, I pondered: "Who will care to accept that He knows nothing about this pregnancy?" Has anybody ever gotten pregnant by the Holy Ghost? "What kind of trouble is this?"

It was indeed a battle of indecision. There were many unanswered questions. There were many unclear points. If you ask me, I was afraid. I was still confused. But with all these doubts and uncertainties, I remembered that it was safer to fall into the hands of God if at all I would fall. With this, I didn't know when I said: "Lord, I surrender to whatever you want. Be it unto me as you have said...". Immediately, I felt some peace. All because of God, I was ready to be a disappointment before men whom no amount of explanation would make them believe me.

In a little while I was confirmed pregnant. True to my fears, things temporarily fell apart. Joseph wouldn't want to understand. The heat was on me but then, God went about explaining to relevant people that He had a hand in what was happening. It was even more easier than if I had had to do that. His voice was heard.

I soon realized that:

(1) The devil can do anything to stop you from surrendering to God. If He fights hard over a particular area of your life, know that God has more need of that area of your life. Surrender that part of your life to Jesus just like that.

(2) Just say Yes to God. Leave the rest for Him to handle. He knows how to calm the raging situation. Forget about what has not been settled. God will stand by you to the end.

(3) God ultimately calls men to glory. The process might not look glorious. Don't be quick to remove yourself from His worked out agenda.

© Drastic ENCOUNTERS
GODWIN Captain KALU

...Unveiling Biblical stories creatively and presenting them with strong moral inferences

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Boy's Diary / Diwali Short For Kids In English| Happy Diwali Essays For Kids In English 2014 / Should Students Be Allowed To Grade Their Lecturers ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.