Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,902 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? (8710 Views)

Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by ifyfaith: 12:19am On Aug 03, 2014
Well it might b real o
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by nickz(m): 12:21am On Aug 03, 2014
i strongly believe
no first child in my mum's family has ever given birth to a girl....they say its some old curse laid on my mum's great-grandmother for pouring hot water on a girls face back then,my mum said she was told that the girls mother came out one night while it was raining unclad and started raining abuses.
none of my first born aunties/uncles/nieces and nephews have ever given birth to a female child.
shit is real and d0pe like that grin grin
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 03, 2014
Thebrightest: When my great great great grand mother was alive, she cursed a monkey that ate her banana which she kept in the compound with an Ebola infection and it was so. The monkey eventually died of it.

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by vislabraye(m): 12:25am On Aug 03, 2014
Not heard. But I know for sure that there are people with supernatural powerrs especially the elderly ones.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Konjour(m): 12:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Well, I think the classification of such depends on what you believe in.

Based on biblical case studies, there are several instances of parents blessing/cursing their

offspring in God's name and authority and the said blessing or curse goes on to generate a

positive or negative ripple effect which affects not just the the said children but their own kids

and grandkids and so on.

Personally, I'd advice anyone who can to avoid being cursed anyway.

You don't really want to use your lifetime as an experiment to ascertain if curses are real or not

by going round asking old people to curse you. Instead, you can use your life as an experiment

to see if prayers for blessing from old folks work. Go round doing good things that would elicit

not just prayers for your good from old people (and young people alike), but also heart-felt

gratitude and then we'll see if it works or not. If it works, awesome. If it doesn't...oh well. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by ghostofsparta(m): 12:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Like someone already said.....it's depends on the circumstances to which the curse or blessing is placed on the person. The circumstance may range from an aggrieved dying elder uttering the curse which usually must involve a deserving offender(s) to an aged folk who knows the inevitable is knocking and decides to bless whoever he/she feels joy towards with protection or prosperity etc.

However, regardless of an elderly person lay dying to be doing this, it is a fact that anyone in possession of any variant of a partucular type of the Yoruba Advanced Sciences erroneously known as juju which I dubbed 'statement-to-command converter' in the likes of the Mayehun, Afose and Olugbohun...a blessing or curse can be pronounced on someone or something which will instantly take effect.

I want to use this opportunity to say that 90% of what those Hollywood film-makers produce as fiction in respect to make-believe supernatural are actually possible through the application of various kinds of Yoruba Advanced Sciences erroneously known as juju for instance in the movie 'PUSH' where certain people has the abilty to push thoughts of will into a target's mind but unknown to the film writter that's exactly what Mayehun and Afose does but with a different method and mechanism. In the sci-fi psycho-thriller 'Event Horizon' where one of the crew leader who before turning mad and villainous by the conscious space shuttle, was explaining to others in theoretical physics of how possible it is to cut distance and time if somehow point A can be instantly joined to point B which he demonstrated with a flat paper points to yet unpopular YAS called KANOKO which translates to 'that which fold path' from Ka=fold Ono=path Ko=up/together.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by iceberylin(m): 12:31am On Aug 03, 2014
am curious too
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by mstik(f): 12:34am On Aug 03, 2014
power in the tongue
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Davijunson: 12:35am On Aug 03, 2014
Ask Benfica....dey'll tell you if it's a Fact or superstition.

2 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Davijunson: 12:40am On Aug 03, 2014
In my Humble opinion.. Curses and Blessings are Fact nt Superstition and it has Nothing 2do with age.
If someone should Bless or curse you from his/her heart, be sure it will come to pass.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by haulagehandlers(m): 12:46am On Aug 03, 2014
I travel a lot by road,due to the nature of my job. Some years back,my truck developed a mechanical fault in a small village at ondo,i was a witness to an elderly man place a curse on an eagle that carried his newly hatched chick. He said,"before the sun would set you would be ridiculed and dragged around the town by little children". I just smiled and thought the man was joking or that some of his screws are not tight. Later that evening right in front of the mans house kids where having a game of football and my crew and i were passing time by watching them when lo and behold an eagle fell from the sky,children rushed it and before you could say ebola,they tied a rope round the leg and dragged the poor bird round untill it died. I know that such a curse is not ordinary,i only narrate so that we should be very wary of some of this old folks.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by angela98(f): 12:47am On Aug 03, 2014
Its pure superstition. I remember one time at asaba, I was preparing to travel back to UK, my grandmother asked me to open my palm so could spite on it, then I rub it on my face, as her prayer for safe flight. I refused, I know my plane ain't going to crash. I didn't want spites on my palm, becos I use my hands to eat. More so I dont think I can get over the irritation of someone else's spite on my palm and face..yuk! embarassed I believe in power of the tongue though. Who knows. nobleval okwima cheesy
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by mindurbiznes: 12:47am On Aug 03, 2014

ok but is it a

curse or is it a

blessing

?
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Kalvan: 12:50am On Aug 03, 2014
Superstition.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by ElNur1: 12:55am On Aug 03, 2014
All curses nd blessings ar just left 4 God 2 accept...If God does not accpt, dats alll....

but remember, wat goes around, comes around.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by slinkman(m): 1:00am On Aug 03, 2014
Igbohater: DORO PUNNY

DORO CURSE

DORO FACT

DORO NA LIE

DORO SUPERSTITION

DORO BOSSOM

DORO DOBO

DORO DOKO

DORO WETIN REMAIN SEF
i.d.iot

2 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 03, 2014
@ op...I hope say dat old man neva curse u?? if no.I Thank God for u n if Yes..Uhmm Go to d nearest river to wash ya head
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by creamylicious(f): 1:09am On Aug 03, 2014
UnknownT: 30 Guests having a field day viewing the thread! You guys should register and start enjoying what members are enjoying
they probably re using a supposed smart Phone e.g asha 200 and suDdenly stumbled on nairaland only to get frustrated while trying to register using the fone. Liberation is what they need.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by UnknownT: 1:12am On Aug 03, 2014
creamylicious: they probably re using a supposed smart Phone e.g asha 200 and suDdenly stumbled on nairaland only to get frustrated while trying to register using the fone. Liberation is what they need.
i registered here with a more "somisticated" smart phone, nokia 5130 express music
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by creamylicious(f): 1:13am On Aug 03, 2014
nickz: i strongly believe
no first child in my mum's family has ever given birth to a girl....they say its some old curse laid on my mum's great-grandmother for pouring hot water on a girls face back then,my mum said she was told that the girls mother came out one night while it was raining unclad and started raining abuses.
none of my first born aunties/uncles/nieces and nephews have ever given birth to a female child.
shit is real and d0pe like that grin grin
its dope cos female children have been given indefinite ban in ur family. If it were male chilDren you'd be appeasing d gods till date
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by creamylicious(f): 1:15am On Aug 03, 2014
UnknownT: i registered here with a more "somisticated" smart phone, nokia 5130 express music
lol. Asha 200 frustrated the heLl outta ma life
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 03, 2014
What their eyes have seen in this world aint small thing and an adage says :

wetin elderly man see wey ihm eye jikolo if young pikin see am ihm eye go blind

their happiness no doubt is a blessing and their sadness is Damn !
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by ghostofsparta(m): 2:08am On Aug 03, 2014
haulagehandlers: I travel a lot by road,due to the nature of my job. Some years back,my truck developed a mechanical fault in a small village at ondo,i was a witness to an elderly man place a curse on an eagle that carried his newly hatched chick. He said,"before the sun would set you would be ridiculed and dragged around the town by little children". I just smiled and thought the man was joking or that some of his screws are not tight. Later that evening right in front of the mans house kids where having a game of football and my crew and i were passing time by watching them when lo and behold an eagle fell from the sky,children rushed it and before you could say ebola,they tied a rope round the leg and dragged the poor bird round untill it died. I know that such a curse is not ordinary,i only narrate so that we should be very wary of some of this old folks.
Perhaps he was testing his newly acquired afose which I personally believe if I'm to believe Jesus truly existed, would be as an African who used a variant of Afose or Olugbohun when he cursed a tree never to produce a edible fruit which isn't really different from what the folk in Ondo did and all those who know to test their 'statement-to-command' converter usually test it on a tree, any one here who knows one or two thing about ancient Yoruba believe system of Ifa and Isegun should know what I'm pointing at. Many so-called miracle performing pastors and afas furtively make use of this particular Yoruba Advanced Science else why don.t we ever hear of miracle performers from Europe, America and the middle east where these Abrahamic religions originated from, for those who have claimed have been debunked by Randi and the likes as fraud in the case of Pastor Peter Popof and Psychic Sally Morgan if I'm correct. This and my previous post up there remain purely my opinion drawn from continual researches and publications I've read including the The American Afrocentric Bible as I do not force my point on anyone who feels to disagree like strictlymi and VLadipo who may reply me as needing to give my life to Christ else I am headed for Hell since they believe only a demonic possessed one write things as I write. I write to educate others who are open-minded enough to learn from another angle what was it our ancestors were really into aside from the misconceptions.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by nickz(m): 2:14am On Aug 03, 2014
creamylicious: its dope cos female children have been given indefinite ban in ur family. If it were male chilDren you'd be appeasing d gods till date
i see what you are trying to drag me into grin sorry miss that argument aint going down tongue angry angry angry
maybe if females made themselves less of an headache;they[my moms people] would start tracing the woman and ways to appease angry angry
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by GboyegaD(m): 3:13am On Aug 03, 2014
dstnd: wait make I curse u with kolanut n oil

I pity you. You can keep wasting your time.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by logica(m): 4:50am On Aug 03, 2014
ghostofsparta: In the sci-fi psycho-thriller 'Event Horizon' where one of the crew leader who before turning mad and villainous by the conscious space shuttle, was explaining to others in theoretical physics of how possible it is to cut distance and time if somehow point A can be instantly joined to point B which he demonstrated with a flat paper points to yet unpopular YAS called KANOKO which translates to 'that which fold path' from Ka=fold Ono=path Ko=up/together.
Hmm. So YAS can be used to create wormholes?
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by slyzy(m): 4:52am On Aug 03, 2014
you can get ur proof by slapping the first old woman u set ur eyes on today or push ur mum out of storey building. thank me later when u have ur proof.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by InvertedHammer: 5:17am On Aug 03, 2014
/
It doesn't work anymore.

All the elders these days are adulterated.

/
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by phoneport(m): 5:59am On Aug 03, 2014
The truth is no level of education, sophistication and modernization can undo what God has said. The power of Blessing and curses are in the tongue and they are more potent in the mouth of the elderly.

Another fact is not all elderly deserve or poses the power due to how some of them have rubbished themselves. But please do not provoke one to curse you to no if it is working or not. Why not provoke them to bless you.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by penzino(m): 6:14am On Aug 03, 2014
Nobleval: based on hearsay or do you have any proof?
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Prov 18v21. So the tongue is powerful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fathers Getting aröùsed + Having A Hard-on Around Daughters / Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Owobo Ogunde Biography: Age, Father, Wikipedia, Movies, Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.