Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,376 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? (8711 Views)

Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 03, 2014
There is power in the tongue of man!
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 03, 2014
Nobleval: I've been wondering...almost every traditions or cultures promotes the "fact" that when elderly people curse or blesses somebody it surely must come to pass. I've searched the internet for any article or facts supporting this belief but sadly I haven't come across one. Even the bible seems to support the motion..atleast the one I know {Esau and Jacob's incident}..
Now my fellow NL'ers what do you have to say about this belief? Is it a superstion or a fact {reality}?
If it's a fact..why?
why don't you conduct a novel research in the field, you could combine with other researchers and conduct a twenty year study. Even seeking foreign grants for it.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 03, 2014
blink182: why don't you conduct a novel research in the field, you could combine with other researchers and conduct a twenty year study. Even seeking foreign grants for it.
can you elaborate more on that? Please...
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 03, 2014
Nobleval: can you elaborate more on that? Please...
Take the topic of this thread and make it a research work. This research is too advanced for first degree so better for second degree or Ph.D. At the end you can publish the result in a reputable journal.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 03, 2014
blink182: Take the topic of this thread and make it a research work. This research is too advanced for first degree so better for second degree or Ph.D. At the end you can publish the result in a reputable journal.
great. I'll think about that smiley
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by seunoni34(m): 11:49am On Aug 03, 2014
It's only God that decides what happens in everyone's lives. Forget all those naija movies and the superstitious story we have been told just to scare us into believing & make us not to do what will make the elderly curse us. Anyone can curse cause there is power in our tongue. A curse disrupts a person's life and makes it work the other way round. There are 2 things that makes a curse work :
1.)if God wants it
2.)if you are guilty.
The bible (prov 26:2) already said no curse cause less shall come (no 1 can curse you if you haven't done anything wrong) .
I don't believe in it curses , but it's better to be on the safer side and not do what will make anyone curse you.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Nobleval: great. I'll think about that smiley
yeah, you could limit it to a region of nigeria though or state but then it becomes less powerful as a research. If you choose to do it then source for funds, you could partner with your lecturers especially those trying to earn points to become professors, you could be a co/corresponding author while the main sponsor gets credit as first author.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by iamord(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by andyanders: 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
A genuine curse from an elderly person to a younger person who did wrong to him/her come to pass in the person's life unless the person cursed goes back to the elderly for forgiveness. Be the person yuor biological parents or not.Youths should aviod situation that that will attract a curse from teh elderly even if that person is not your own biological father.

So one need to be careful over issues like this.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Bwahaha... Can you explain how curse look like? I have been cursed several time without anything happeing to me. grin cheesy
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by simdam500(m): 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
Igbohater: DORO PUNNY

DORO CURSE

DORO FACT

DORO NA LIE

DORO SUPERSTITION

DORO BOSSOM

DORO DOBO

DORO DOKO

DORO WETIN REMAIN SEF

curse/blessing... U need one...

Choose
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Fourwinds: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Gratia: if you deserve the curse = fact
if you are innocent=superstition

secoded in totality
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Fourwinds: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
law of karma u know. u reap what u sow...some pple die mysteriously but u never know d genesis. its only if dey confess or its between den and God
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Fourwinds: 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
a lot of pple will hardly remember when d curse was place on dem. dere was a case of Shina RAMBO. I believe a lot of pple can still remember d den notorious armed robber. He said he was curse when he was still unborn in d mother womb as a result of quarrel between d mother and an elderly woman.. he said d old woman was so bitter dat she place d curse and d mother wave it aside(not seeing any harm in it). but it came to pass on d child. it is a well publish story
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Godson201333(m): 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
Gratia: if you deserve the curse = fact
if you are innocent=superstition

Bodmas of cursing hahah
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by klassic(m): 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
Those who probably Dont believe in the efficacy of blessing and curses probably grew up in cities ( born and bred). If you were born in a typical village setting , you will understand that there are powers behind blessings and curses from time immemorial. even bible corroborates this. Thread carefully and be careful who u cross and be strong in your faith.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by daveP(m): 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
creamylicious: lol. Asha 200 frustrated the heLl outta ma life
lmao. Where u @ now.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Apina(m): 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
Davijunson: Ask Benfica....dey'll tell you if it's a Fact or superstition.
yes o let whoever wants to verify ask the club and its fans whether curses actually follow ppl.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Xyge(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2014
I do believe in the efficacy of utterances (curses...and blessings). Hear what the Bible says regarding this:

.....a CURSE without a CAUSE (has no effect)..
Can't remember exactly where it's written tho..
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by winiwini: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2014
JESUS CHRIST IS BETTER THAN ANY CURSE! BE WATCHFUL ALSO!
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
Apina:

yes o let whoever wants to verify ask the club and its fans whether curses actually follow ppl.
you actually believe that story?
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
all4naija:
Bwahaha... Can you explain how curse look like? I have been cursed several time without anything happeing to me. grin cheesy
God! You are something else. shocked shocked
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nobleval:
God! You are something else. shocked shocked
What is God for in your post? He doesn't exist in the first place and that is a fact! I am being sincere with myself.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
all4naija:

What is God for in your post? He doesn't exist in the first place and that is a fact! I am being sincere with myself.
why do you say so dear?
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nobleval:
why do you say so dear?
I said that because he doesn't exist. I know that as we have come to understand it is man's idea to control others and lack of understanding of the physical phenomena in the universe. Idea of existence of a God is based on doctrines.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
all4naija:
I said that because he doesn't exist. I know that as we have come to understand it is man's idea to control others and lack of understanding of the physical phenomena in the universe. Idea of existence of a God is based on doctrines.
who knows...this world is full of mysteries. The existence of God cannot be easily dismissed you know.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nobleval:
who knows...this world is full of mysteries. The existence of God cannot be easily dismissed you know.
There is no misery. It is only lack of our ability to find out about something that makes it looks like misery. There is not God at all. He is not needed for life to exist.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
all4naija:
There is no misery. It is only lack of our ability to find out about something that makes it looks like misery. There is not God at all. He is not needed for life to exist.
maybe....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fathers Getting aröùsed + Having A Hard-on Around Daughters / Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Anyone In Here Got Married In Sha'ban?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.