Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. (6322 Views)

The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:
3. LIE NUMBER THREE

There is no such term as 'biblical tithing' or 'monetary tithing'. The Bible makes no such demarcations or segregations. This beautiful nonsense is a product of vain imaginations and theologists who hope to confuse the unsuspecting. From Genesis to the end of the Bible, tithe is tithe, simply a tenth, 1/10 of anything or something. Hebrews, Matthew and Luke simply speak of tithes as tithes or a tenth. They don't talk about some biblical tithe or what not.

You can say tithe is '1/10 of anything or something'. what you don't know is that most 1/10th do not qualify as God's tithe (and acceptable to him). We are interested in God's tithe not that of man. You can keep your definition of tithe, we'll go with God's definition.....

Leviticus 27:30-33 (NIV)
30 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. 31 Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord. 33 No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If anyone does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.’”

7 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:
Everybody knows that the Bible times were an agrarian society. Their main source of income was agric based dominated. One could easily be butchers, bakers, stone and brick masons, artificers of brass, lawyers, judges, soldiers, tentmakers, sellers of expensive cloths, etc and still tithe. We all know that scribes and pharisees tithed, Jesus Himself said so. The scribes are the intelligent, literate and educated class of society. Same thing with the high and ruling class pharisees. These people still tithed. So what excuse has the lower class. Potiphar for instance shows how a soldier can still have fields.
Gen 39:1 And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmaelites, which had brought him down thither.
Gen 39:4 And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
Gen 39:5 And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.

Potiphar had field even as an officer.

Atleast you agree that itis possible for soldiers, lawyers e.t.c to have field for part-time farming. If soldiers tithed, be sure it was farm produce and nothing more. That was the command; farm produce only.

God specified the type of sea food that was edible, he specified the types of wild animals & birds that edible. What we did not read him say was that fisher men should tithe their fish; we don't read him saying hunters should tithe their bushmeat, yet Israelite made gains from fishing and hunting. So its not just about vegetables and animals, it was about farm produce.

6 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 11:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:
There was no levite when Abraham and Jacob gave tithe or said to tithe. Tithe does not have to be given to levites only. By the way, we are not under the levitical priesthood but under Jesus, who is a priest after the order of Melchisedek. Melchisedek received tithes.

No wahala. also note that under Melchisedek type priethood, the highpriest is physically present to receive the tithe. i.e. no intermediary smiley so if you must give tithe to Jesus because 'Melchisedek received tithes', you will have to borrow ya pastor's private jet to deliver the tithe to Jesus (that's assuming you are not a pastor smiley )

Image123:
The question now is, IS THERE STILL SERVICE IN THE HOUSE OF GOD OR CHURCH TODAY? Because that is the PURPOSE for the tithe, that there may be meat in God's house. That purpose still exists and can be met using the same principle.

So you even know the purpose of the tithe shocked There is nothing wrong with the 'church' agreeing to a donation amounting to 10% their income as contribution to funding the church project(s). But it should not be referred to as God's tithe.

7 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:
10. LIE NUMBER TEN

This lie assumes that Abraham's tithe was not biblical. But we do see instances where tithe was given of more than just agric produce in the Bible.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
(ASV) I fast twice in the week; I give tithes of all that I get.

(BBE) Twice in the week I go without food; I give a tenth of all I have.

(CEV) I go without eating for two days a week, and I give you one tenth of all I earn."

(Darby) I fast twice in the week, I tithe everything I gain.
(GNB) I fast two days a week, and I give you one tenth of all my income.'

(ISV) I fast twice a week, and I give a tenth of my entire income.'

The word "all" used in the original is 'pas' and it means ALL,EVERY, ANY, WHOLE. The word "possess" is 'ktaomai' and it means GET, ACQUIRE, POSSESS, OBTAIN. So basically, the tithe here is given of ALL and ANY and EVERY thing GOTTEN, or OBTAINED.

Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Gen 28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Evidently, there was nothing strange about giving tithes of ALL. Nobody made it strictly or solely agric produce except selective readers of the Bible.

Image123, you are relying on one of Jesus tales by moonlight to prove that tithe was more than just agric produce shocked Na wa for you grin You see an instance of a jew giving more than just agric produce and it becomes your justification for asking for tithe of raw cash. BTW did God command that Jews fast twice a week? the answer is NO!, did God command that Jews tithe everything they own? the answer is NO! this was a clear case of 'over-sabi' or ITK grin and Jesus was not impressed (and i don't see any reason why i should be impressed). to think you rely on this tale to justify ya tithe of raw cash. image123 you no dey try at all angry

7 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 11:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:
Tithe has always been of INCOME. Abraham tithed from his INCOME after the war. The Israelites tithed from their income at the harvest.

Tithe was never income, it was agric produce. and Abraham was not in the business of 'reaping' spoils of war. It was possible for the farmers to sell part of their produce for the purpose of purchasing other necessities, the sales proceed was never tithed.

5 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by DrummaBoy(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2014
I hope OLAADEGBU has received the response to the OP he has been pleading for. Its not that one could not respond to what the OP posted, it is the fact that the OP is hard of hearing, and no one is in the business of pouring water on the back of a duck.

Thank you Zikky for the succinct responses. Your labour of love will not go unrewarded.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 9:44am On Aug 05, 2014
^^ No wahala.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 1:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

Key word here highlighted blue smiley

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
DrummaBoy:

abi o

"ordinance of man" indeed.

One would have thought that any careful reader will see that 1pet 2:13 was referring to civil laws governing nations.

Well, of course, if we accept "ordinances of man" as church rules to tithe, then the much vaunted free will tithing will be a sham and we would return to the real gist, which is that modern tithing scheme are "doctrines of men" or better still "ordinance of men"

As is your norm, you lost the context in which the verse was quoted. The c-problem.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

You can say tithe is '1/10 of anything or something'. what you don't know is that most 1/10th do not qualify as God's tithe (and acceptable to him). We are interested in God's tithe not that of man. You can keep your definition of tithe, we'll go with God's definition.....

30 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. 31 Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord. 33 No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If anyone does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.’”

There is nothing called God's tithe. That is another fabrication of unserious theologists. The word of God simply refers to a tenth as tithe. It makes no seminary talks about bogus phrases like God's tithe, biblical tithe, monetary tithe. These are all new age phrases coined by antitithers to sound intelligent and trip undiscerning fellows who refuse to search whether these things are so. Bible says nothing about God's acceptable tithes or unacceptable tithes. Add not to God's word.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

Atleast you agree that itis possible for soldiers, lawyers e.t.c to have field for part-time farming. If soldiers tithed, be sure it was farm produce and nothing more. That was the command; farm produce only.

God specified the type of sea food that was edible, he specified the types of wild animals & birds that edible. What we did not read him say was that fisher men should tithe their fish; we don't read him saying hunters should tithe their bushmeat, yet Israelite made gains from fishing and hunting. So its not just about vegetables and animals, it was about farm produce.
Stop being manipulative, your fellows insist that carpenters and co never gave tithes. They are yet to agree on the possibility that Jesus and the apostles may have paid tithes. Please show me/the forum where the command says farm produce ONLY. The store house was never allergic to non farm produce.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

There is nothing called God's tithe. That is another fabrication of unserious theologists. The word of God simply refers to a tenth as tithe. It makes no seminary talks about bogus phrases like God's tithe, biblical tithe, monetary tithe. These are all new age phrases coined by antitithers to sound intelligent and trip undiscerning fellows who refuse to search whether these things are so. Bible says nothing about God's acceptable tithes or unacceptable tithes. Add not to God's word.

It's obvious that it doesn't matter to you if the tithe is acceptable to God. All that matters is that it is acceptable to you and your fellow fraudsters.

7 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

No wahala. also note that under Melchisedek type priethood, the highpriest is physically present to receive the tithe. i.e. no intermediary smiley so if you must give tithe to Jesus because 'Melchisedek received tithes', you will have to borrow ya pastor's private jet to deliver the tithe to Jesus (that's assuming you are not a pastor smiley )

So you even know the purpose of the tithe shocked There is nothing wrong with the 'church' agreeing to a donation amounting to 10% their income as contribution to funding the church project(s). But it should not be referred to as God's tithe.

Jesus is under the Melchisedek type priesthood. He is present when you tithe, i wonder how you came up with the terms and conditions though.
Did i ever feign ignorance to the purposeS of the tithe? Those that tithe agree to, good to see you say that there is nothing wrong. A tenth is a tithe.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

Image123, you are relying on one of Jesus tales by moonlight to prove that tithe was more than just agric produce shocked Na wa for you grin You see an instance of a jew giving more than just agric produce and it becomes your justification for asking for tithe of raw cash. BTW did God command that Jews fast twice a week? the answer is NO!, did God command that Jews tithe everything they own? the answer is NO! this was a clear case of 'over-sabi' or ITK grin and Jesus was not impressed (and i don't see any reason why i should be impressed). to think you rely on this tale to justify ya tithe of raw cash. image123 you no dey try at all angry

Tell your friends to stop lying that tithes " was given solely and strictly on agro-based or agricultural produce, nothing else". What you call Jesus' tales is scriptures to me. The genesis account i also referenced is scriptures. Do you agree with Gnoni that Abraham's tithe was not biblical?
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

Tithe was never income, it was agric produce. and Abraham was not in the business of 'reaping' spoils of war. It was possible for the farmers to sell part of their produce for the purpose of purchasing other necessities, the sales proceed was never tithed.

What is income?

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
DrummaBoy: I hope OLAADEGBU has received the response to the OP he has been pleading for. Its not that one could not respond to what the OP posted, it is the fact that the OP is hard of hearing, and no one is in the business of pouring water on the back of a duck.

Thank you Zikky for the succinct responses. Your labour of love will not go unrewarded.

Don't just hope oh, you will need massive faith and prayers for this one, lol.Your helper zikkyy only picked some few phrases to comment on without any rebuttal He apparently seems convinced that lies 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 13 and 14 have been caught red handed. Also, while i'm happy with your vow not to ever question what i say about tithes, you can still call my name, ok? i hope that wasn't part of your resolve, you don't want to be childish i hope

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

It's obvious that it doesn't to you if the tithe is acceptable to God. All that matters is that it is acceptable to you and your fellow fraudsters.

Does the bible talk about a tithe that is not acceptable to God? If yes, kindly state where.
i really don't expect you to answer do i? Your fort is insults not intelligence or Christianity. i'm expecting your fans to come to the rescue.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Goshen360(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Don't ask questions answer the OP.

Go back to basics, I wasn't talking to the OP in the first place. I quoted who I was talking to. wink

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by BabaGnoni: 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

It's obvious that it doesn't to you if the tithe is acceptable to God.
All that matters is that it is acceptable to you and your fellow fraudsters

Image123:

Does the bible talk about a tithe that is not acceptable to God? If yes, kindly state where.
i really don't expect you to answer do i? Your fort is insults not intelligence or Christianity.
i'm expecting your fans to come to the rescue.

In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money.
But God condemned them long ago,
and their destruction will not be delayed

- 1 Peter 2:3 NLT

7 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

What is income?

nice question grin
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Goshen360(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

[size=20pt]There is nothing called God's tithe.[/size] That is another fabrication of unserious theologists. The word of God simply refers to a tenth as tithe. It makes no seminary talks about bogus phrases like God's tithe, biblical tithe, monetary tithe. These are all new age phrases coined by antitithers to sound intelligent and trip undiscerning fellows who refuse to search whether these things are so. Bible says nothing about God's acceptable tithes or unacceptable tithes. Add not to God's word.

Haaaa, Imageeeeee. Why are you lying in disguise you're debunking "14 tithing lies".

If there's nothing like God's tithe, the ones you and your cohorts collect\receive and\or pay, in whose name is it collected? On whose behalf do you collect or pay it? grin grin grin Who do you say owns the tithe you paying or collecting from people? grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goshen360:

Haaaa, Imageeeeee. Why are you lying in disguise you're debunking "14 tithing lies".

If there's nothing like God's tithe, the ones you and your cohorts collect\receive and\or pay, in whose name is it collected? On whose behalf do you collect or pay it? grin grin grin Who do you say owns the tithe you paying or collecting from people? grin grin grin

Is the tithe i give God's tithe?
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Goshen360(m): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

Answer yourself because you said, there's nothing like God's tithe. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goshen360:

Answer yourself because you said, there's nothing like God's tithe. cheesy

i need your opinion and i asked first na.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

grin
Oya o Goshen...
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Goshen360(m): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

i need your opinion and i asked first na.

You don't need my opinion as usual when your mind is made up from your statement - There's nothing like God's tithe. If God defined His tithe and you come here to tell us, there's nothing like God's tithe. What opinion are you seeking? You've being in the forefront of advancing this false tithe teaching for many years on this forum and you've been told the truth in those years but, you are stocked in traditions and religion and seems not to want to set yourself free by the simplicity of the gospel. What I know is, we will continue to challenge this false tithe teachings for Christians as long as you people are not tired.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goshen360:

You don't need my opinion as usual when your mind is made up from your statement - There's nothing like God's tithe. If God defined His tithe and you come here to tell us, there's nothing like God's tithe. What opinion are you seeking? You've being in the forefront of advancing this false tithe teaching for many years on this forum and you've been told the truth in those years but, you are stocked in traditions and religion and seems not to want to set yourself free by the simplicity of the gospel. What I know is, we will continue to challenge this false tithe teachings for Christians as long as you people are not tired.

He didn't answer, he couldn't answer, he can't answer.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

i really don't expect you to answer do i? Your fort is insults not intelligence or Christianity. i'm expecting your fans to come to the rescue.

I guess tithes from armed robbery and prostitution is acceptable to your god afterall you once implied that you tithe out of the egunje you collect as a civil servant. tongue

3 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

I guess tithes from armed robbery and prostitution is acceptable to your god afterall you once implied that you tithe out of the egunje you collect as a civil servant. tongue
Image123:

Why guess? Answer the question.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

Why guess? Answer the question.

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by BabaGnoni: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

Don't just hope oh, you will need massive faith and prayers for this one, lol.
Your helper zikkyy only picked some few phrases to comment on without any rebuttal
He apparently seems convinced that lies 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 13 and 14 have been caught red handed.
Also, while i'm happy with your vow not to ever question what i say about tithes, you can still call my name, ok?
i hope that wasn't part of your resolve, you don't want to be childish i hope

1. THE TRUTH ABOUT ""SUPPOSEDLY LIE NUMBER ONE"
- Some many things not recorded in the bible are true
and the fact remains that Abram and Jacob made a tithe not commanded by God, a tithe that has no penalty if defaulted
This tithe was done once and no more
- If teacher only taught 2+2= 4 in class,
it doesnt mean that even without been taught, that 1+3 != 4 or 3+1 != 4 or 4+0 != 4
!= means "not equal to"

- Abraham only offered Isaac once, and the Jehovah Jireh there signifies that God provided (i.e. jireh) a ram for that occasion

- The voluntary tithes Abraham and Jacob gave had no sorrow added.
unlike the devourer promised WoF tithe givers if their voluntary tithe is held back or defaulted
- The insinuated "Hypocrites" is water on duck's back

2. THE TRUTH ABOUT ""SUPPOSEDLY LIE NUMBER TWO"
- God's original plan was to make the firstborn son of each Israelites household priests (Refer to Exodus 13:2, Exodus 19:5-6 for details)
similar to how all believers are now priests (Refer to 1 Peter 2:9 NLT for details)
The Israelites crazy wild night party and the Golden Calf idol worship changed all that
The Levi on Moses's command ruthlessly dealth with the Israelites
- Since the Israelites had lost out of serving God as priests,
the "The LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD" comprising of the descendants of Levi was instituted
"The LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD" was based on 3 levels of service based on the Levi family tree (Refer to Numbers 3:6-10 for details)
- The first level of service formed the priesthood, was composed of Aaron and his offspring (Refer to Numbers 3:10 for details)
- Aaron and his sons were descendants of Levi's son, Kohath
(i.e. Aaron's his first sons, Nadab and Abihu were consumed by fire, the other two were Eleazar and Ithamar)
- The second level is formed for those to be in charge of the most sacred parts of the Tabernacle
They are the remaining descendants of Kohath who were not descendants of Aaron (Refer to: Numbers 3:27-32, 4:4-15, 7:9 for details)
- The third level is formed for the lesser duties of service
it comprised of all of the descendants of Gershon and Merari (Refer to: Numbers 3:18,20-26,33-37 for details)

3. THE TRUTH ABOUT "SUPPOSEDLY LIE NUMBER THREE"
- Distinction has to be made between the tithe commanded by God and the tithe presently practiced today
hence 'biblical tithing' given to the tithe commanded by God and 'monetary tithing' given to the tithe presently practiced today
- 'biblical tithing' was a tenth of agro-based produce as God commanded
- 'monetary tithing' is a tenth of one's financial income as presently practiced today (i.e. it is solely money based)
It is also not commanded by God
- Hebrews, Matthew and Luke simply spoke of tithes, as tithes or a tenth
and particularly in regards to agro-based produce and not hard currencies or money

4. THE TRUTH ABOUT "SUPPOSEDLY LIE NUMBER FOUR"
- The term 'biblical tithing' is not beautiful nonsense
It is used to highlight what God instituted or commanded tithes according to Leviticus 27:30, 32 NLT
- Leviticus 27:30, 32 is evidence as it shows how and what God commanded tithes as to the Israelites to be given on
- It is used to distinguish it from Abraham tithes
- Abram's tithe was based on war spoils, God's instituted or commanded tithe was based on agro-based produce
- It is tagged 'biblical tithing' because God commanded it unlike Abram's which wasn't
- Of course Abram tithed to a priest, but it was not compelled, had no sorrow added to it and it was not biblically commanded
hence why it wasnt called a biblical tithe
- No where on the thread, was any suggestion made that the Abram type of tithe or voluntary tithe is not acceptable
except that, the giving and receiving of such tithe was never commanded by God.

5. THE TRUTH ABOUT "SUPPOSEDLY LIE NUMBER FIVE"
- "all priests were Levites but not all Levites were priests"
means Aaron and his offspring (i.e. the priests) were Levites
but not all Levites were Aaron and his offspring (i.e. they weren't priests)
- Aaron and his offspring (i.e. the priests) DID NOT PAY TITHES
and the "not all Levites were Aaron and his offspring" (i.e. not priests) RECEIVED TITHES FROM THE ISRAELITES
AND PAID TITHE OF THAT TITHE TO Aaron and his offspring (i.e. the priests)
- The two; a God commanded tithing directive and a national emergency taxation directive are separate and mutually exclusive events

6. THE TRUTH ABOUT "SUPPOSEDLY LIE NUMBER SIX"
- "Is tithed given or paid?" was used to highlight the difference
between giving tithe, as with transferring the possession of agro-based produce to the Levites
and paying tithe, as with paying in money and nothing else to WoF
- WoF doesn't want tithe given in any other form except that tithe be paid in money to them

7. THE TRUTH ABOUT "SUPPOSED LIE NUMBER SEVEN"
- The difference between Malachi 3:7 and 1 Pe 2:13 is that Malachi 3:7 has a damaging repercussion that Colossians 2:14 has taken care off
- Malachi 3:7 is lethal and spiritual, 1 Pe 2:13 is political and referring to state laws, public regulations etc etc

8. THE TRUTH ABOUT "SUPPOSED LIE NUMBER EIGHT"
- Obviously, it is the biblical tithe commanded by God which is based on agro-based produce and not money, war spoils etc that is referred here
- This tithe was commanded to be paid to the Levite
- Other one tenth taxation, contribution or donation not expressively or directly asked by God is not referred to here
9. THE TRUTH ABOUT "SUPPOSED LIE NUMBER NINE"
- The tithes given at the temple at Jerusalem normally were for the priests' uphold etc
- The tithes mostly given at storehouses in designated Levitical cities were for the Levites uphold
- 2 Chronicles 31 and Nehemiah 13 gives more and detailed information on what happened when the tithing practices, processes and procedure which were lost were found from reading Moses' law

https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/9#25174498
https://www.nairaland.com/1840595/14-lies-tithes-should-know#25186756

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:
There is nothing called God's tithe.

Really? can you explain the bit in blue color...

30 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees,
belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. 31 Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord. 33 No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If anyone does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.’”

Image123:
The word of God simply refers to a tenth as tithe.

Oga, all tenths cannot be tithe na! the above cannot be correct. Tithe in the bible is always a tenth part of something or the tenth item. For Abraham it was war boot.y, for the Israelite it was farm produce.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was Jesus In The Grave For 3days And 3nights Literally? / Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? / Where Are My Accusers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.