Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (118239 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2014
thankyouJesus: Quickly whisper in my sexy baritone voice into Sammyhoe ear *You are a creative, intelligent,...............thinker*

Sexy? Lol cheesy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by stormybucci(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2014
SammyHoe:

#OperationHinderBucciFromRunning
lol... u win dis tym

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by JigsawKillah(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2014
thankyouJesus: Quickly whisper in my sexy baritone voice into Sammyhoe ear *You are a creative, intelligent,...............thinker*

come ooo
u be BYC
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by stormybucci(m): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2014
JigsawKillah:

come ooo
u be BYC
trouble! trouble!! trouble!!!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by JigsawKillah(m): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2014
stormybucci: trouble! trouble!! trouble!!!

na question I ask o
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by romzyxy(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2014
kaywiluv:

Indomie of all food ? That unfair, but @romzyxy can u summazire d story for me? ℓ̊ av been so busy jst read b 1st chapter. Pls!

i don't v chance.......bt if u really need the summary just send me ur email.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
Could this be the end?

[b]CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Toyosi asked me something in sign language. I was surprised she was able to do the sign better than I left her.

"Your mother would be here in few minutes," she assured me.

"Really?" I was excited.

"Yes," she said. My father came to sit beside me and held me close to his chest. He cleaved my hair and kissed the middle of it. This is a miracle, I thought.

Bode was lying down ill. He needed care. Toyosi took all his clothing material to wash. I asked her if I could help, but she insisted that she would do them on her own.

When I remembered that my poem collections would soon be published, I intensified my effort on it, writing more and more. This time around, they were poems of happy reunions and happy endings. I couldn't find it hard coming about a poem anymore, because they were just a replica of events unfolding.

It was a week already and my mother wasn't back yet. Toyosi had assured me that she would soon be here with us, so why should I keep worrying?

I began to develop a poem. It was titled THE STRATEGY OF GOD:

It all began with a solid tragedy
Until I thought there was no remedy
Never knowing it was a strategy
To bring about a wonderful comedy

I thought it would end in an elegy
But in the end it becomes an eulogy
All glory to God who made me a prodigy
Beyond all human analogy

I thought I had no ability
But I discovered them with agility
When challenges came with intensity
But now I can display my audacity...

Toyosi saw me writing it. She tapped me and smiled. She had been reading it all the while, unknown to me. If my ears could hear I would have noticed when she opened the door and entered my room.

I quickly flipped the book closed.

"Come with me," she said in sign language. "I have a..." she couldn't sign out what she meant.

"I have a something for you," she said at last. She must have thought of saying she had a surprise for me, but she didn't know how to do that in sign language.

I followed her. To my shock, it was my mother I saw sitting right inside the parlour. I rushed to her and gave her the tightest hug I have ever done to anyone.

Mother and I rolled on the floor, thanking our God for a happy ending. My father met us in the euphoria. He was happy too.

My father and my mother hugged each other for the first time since I got to know them. Toyosi said that she had become a born-again Christian now. She said God told her to bring my mother back from the prison. She even confessed to the fact that she was the person calling me up in my dream.

"I knew I cannot kill whom God hasn't killed because I tried it with voice language the first time but Rose didn't hear me, let alone give a reply. The second time I tried it, it was my own son who appeared and not Rose," Toyosi said. "Assuming Bode understood the sign language, he would have been dead by now because that is Apepa! "

Toyosi wept and asked for our forgiveness. Willingly we forgave her.

A week later, aunty Rachael came to tell us that she had found a fiancé--a very rich one for that matter; Honorable Daniel, the man she met during my graduation ceremony.

"Daniel is a God-fearing man," Rachael said. I could spot a tint of gladness in her dimples. Her lips expanded and contracted as she did the sign language. She was telling my mother with her mouth and doing the sign language at the same time.

"That's great!" my mother was happy.

"Daniel would be travelling to the US with me permanently. He would be settling down there."

"Thank you Jesus!" I exclaimed in sign language. But I would miss my aunty so much.

Our school had resumed but my father insisted that I wasn't going to continue in a public school of the handicapped.

They said I would do my school in a private secondary school for the deaf and dumb. I would be travelling to Abuja for that purpose. It was a special school where the special people from rich families attended.

My father and her concubine, Toyosi, took my mother and I to Abuja to see the school I would be attending. It was like heaven. The buildings were as tall as the clouds. I saw rich children over there; the deaf, the dumb, the lame, the blind. They had no cause to be burdened in their hearts. Why should they worry when they had all things at their reach? If there is money, the disabled people wouldn't have any reason to worry, I thought.

My father and I returned home after the one-week holiday in Abuja. My mum and Toyosi said they were going to do a little shopping.

When we returned home, I found a letter hung in our letterbox. I read it:

My aunt was notifying us that she had just travelled out of the country with her fiancé, Honorable Daniel. They wouldn't be returning soon.

It was a mixture of joy and sadness for me when I read the news. Oh! My aunty! There can never be any two aunties in the world for me.

The picture of my school-to-be set on my face: Springtime International Special School. I was glad I would be there someday, soonest.

Toyosi returned to the house late. I was shocked when she returned all alone.

"Where is my mother?" I asked her. She made her fingers into a bundle and flipped it over her mouth to signal to me that I should speak with my mouth.

"Where is my mother?" I asked with a frown on my face. She touched her ears to signal to me that she couldn't hear my voice. I was flabbergasted as I saw her laughing out loud. John joined her in it."
[/b]

To be continued...

2 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nice work sammy!
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Queenxstar(f): 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
I'm confused o.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Niwdog(m): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
Guy sammy come clear diz suspense oo
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Abuklaw(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
We are now at the crossroad. Sammyhoe please be our compass to the destination
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Abuklaw: We are now at the crossroad. Sammyhoe please be our compass to the destination

Ayam coming
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Opracus(f): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
uncle sam am back again oooo wat a nice update .But pls will u help me open an email bcus d gmail didnt open d file and i have tried all my best 2 open a email but i couldnt get thru pls help me
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by dammygoody(m): 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sammyprof, I was smiling broadly at the beginning of the update, my smile was getting broader as I read on, I got to the end and my smile vanished, just like that, no thanks to you...

Better come and plaster that smile on my face now o before ....

But why now?
Do you mean some people are born wicked??
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by harlos: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sincerely speaking, I love your story.
I really enjoyed reading three chapters together.....

Is this the end

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Timcy2(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
sammy u wan give us heart attack. abeg who get suspencillin?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
harlos: Sincerely speaking, I love your story.
I really enjoyed reading three chapters together.....

Is this the end

This is just the beginning...
I am coming...

2 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sammyhoeeeeeeee oooo

whereever wherever you are
Cut out.
(Ibi ki bi t'eba wa, e jade).

This is too bad..
Carrying Placard..
I no go gree o...
I no go gree
Contunu d story I no go gree..
*Panting*
Why you stop dia nau..
Oya come apdeit d thn before I enter the story unjure toyosi ooo.
*Na beg I dey beg ooo.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
@Divepen, at d slightest opportunity I will update. Thank you so much for following. We. Shall see. 'Under The Table'
grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
SammyHoe: @Divepen, at d slightest opportunity I will update. Thank you so much for following. We. Shall see. 'Under The Table'
grin
I've left under the table...
Now 'I Need To Know' what I was doing under the table
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by prissyluv(f): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Wow! Sammyhoe,I lack words to express my feeling towards your story. Infact,you are inspiring so with your story. Keep it up.
More update pls.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Divepen:
I've left under the table...
Now 'I Need To Know' what I was doing under the table

Have u forgotten ur story, LIFE UNDER THE TABLE? Have u concluded the story already?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Perhaps they planned another mischief.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Perhaps they planned another mischief.

Let's not hope so cheesy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
SammyHoe:

Have u forgotten ur story, LIFE UNDER THE TABLE? Have u concluded the story already?
Yes ooo
and I'm preparing 'I Need To Know'
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by JigsawKillah(m): 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
sammyhoe oya come o

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cashio(m): 6:17am On Sep 09, 2014
good wrk
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Dan1el: 8:32am On Sep 09, 2014
The suffering is much. Toyosi is a witch
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 09, 2014
Cashio: good wrk

Thank you
Dan1el: The suffering is much. Toyosi is a witch

It will soon be over. John is to blame.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by quintybabee(f): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2014
I have to come out of closet with this, oga sammy this is cool at all. Just when I thought you were giving the story a happy ending, reading the last two paragraph and I exclaimed, what! shocked
Why must this be happening just after rose aunt has travelled out. Chai! Rose don suffer.
Dear God, please help Rose rescue her from her wicked stepmother and idotic father. cry
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 09, 2014
quintybabee: I have to come out of closet with this, oga sammy this is cool at all. Just when I thought you were giving the story a happy ending, reading the last two paragraph and I exclaimed, what! shocked
Why must this be happening just after rose aunt has travelled out. Chai! Rose don suffer.
Dear God, please help Rose rescue her from her wicked stepmother and idotic father. cry

Amen!!!
#ToyosiMustSuffer

2 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tattesco(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
Bro sammy, am now growing impatient o. Where is the update na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Handsome Devil I Know / Make Me A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.