Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan (1245 Views)

4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps / How Is The Network Coverage In Your Area? / Mtn New Mobile Internet Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by ibl0010: 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hi, people. Just wanted to ask you guys which operator provide the best mobile internet coverage in Ibadan.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Dygeasy(m): 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
MTN bro. Etisalat too.

I see no difference between the two. I even download with EDGE at times. cool
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by ibl0010: 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dygeasy: MTN bro. Etisalat too.

I see no difference between the two. I even download with EDGE at times. cool

Thank you for your message. Would Etisalat or MTN work with Huawei mifi that am planning to buy from currys just before I travel to Nigeria (Ibadan).

Where in Ibadan would I Etisalat or MTN mobile data from.

Is Etisalat or MTN pre-loaded with mobile data only or can it be use as a sim to receive call or text.

Would I be able to use whats app in Ibadan once I have access to a wifi connection or do I have to pay separately to use whats app.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Dygeasy(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
ibl0010:

Thank you for your message. Would Etisalat or MTN work with Huawei mifi that am planning to buy from currys just before I travel to Nigeria (Ibadan).

Where in Ibadan would I Etisalat or MTN mobile data from.

Is Etisalat or MTN pre-loaded with mobile data only or can it be use as a sim to receive call or text.

Would I be able to use whats app in Ibadan once I have access to a wifi connection or do I have to pay separately to use whats app.
MTN and ETISALAT are network companies. I guess you know what a network company is. cool

You can make calls, receive texts and do every other thing relating to them.

Preloaded with data? I'm not sure.

They'll both work with MiFi and on how to get the data, you could call their customer care for help or visit their office. Calling them will save time and energy tho.

Whatsapp is free in Nigeria.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by ibl0010: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dygeasy: MTN and ETISALAT are network companies. I guess you know what a network company is. cool
They'll both work with MiFi and on how to get the data, you could call their customer care for help or visit their office. Calling them will save time and energy tho.
Dygeasy: MTN and ETISALAT are network companies. I guess you know what a network company is. cool

Thank you. I know what network companies are. the reason am asking all this questions is because am travelling to Nigeria (Ibadan) for the first time and as am taking my samsung tablet and phone with me i would like to be able to get access to the internet and so on.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Dygeasy(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
ibl0010:

Thank you. I know what network companies are. the reason am asking all this questions is because am travelling to Nigeria (Ibadan) for the first time and as am taking my samsung tablet and phone with me i would like to be able to get access to the internet and so on.
It's not a difficult thing to do in Nigeria.

Have a safe trip. cool
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by ibl0010: 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dygeasy: It's not a difficult thing to do in Nigeria.

Have a safe trip. cool

Thank you and for your help. Is mobile data in nigeria a case of buying data card like you would with international phone call and just enter the number into one's phone.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Dygeasy(m): 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
ibl0010:

Thank you and for your help. Is mobile data in nigeria a case of buying data card like you would with international phone call and just enter the number into one's phone.
You're welcome.

No. You'll top up your phone and activate the data plan you want with some codes.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by ibl0010: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dygeasy: You're welcome.

No. You'll top up your phone and activate the data plan you want with some codes.

oh. So all i have to do is go to a phone shop in Nigeria and ask / pay for the amount of data i want and then activate the sim am going to put into my wifi with the data code.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Dygeasy(m): 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
ibl0010:

oh. So all i have to do is go to a phone shop in Nigeria and ask / pay for the amount of data i want and then activate the sim am going to put into my wifi with the data code.
No. All you need to do is buy a sim, get it activated, call the networks customer care, ask for their data plans and price, choose one in your head, ask for the code, buy recharge card worth the price of your chosen plan and use the code.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by ibl0010: 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dygeasy: No. All you need to do is buy a sim, get it activated, call the networks customer care, ask for their data plans and price, choose one in your head, ask for the code, buy recharge card worth the price of your chosen plan and use the code.

just spoke to a mtn via web chat and he or she told me that mtn only work with mtn mifi only is this true.

Is the recharge card like a phone card. Is the recharge card for topping up every time the data runs out or a one off.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Dygeasy(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
ibl0010:

just spoke to a mtn via web chat and he or she told me that mtn only work with mtn mifi only is this true.

Is the recharge card like a phone card. Is the recharge card for topping up every time the data runs out or a one off.
I believe someone working with the network company can answer your questions sufficiently.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Osyxcel(m): 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
ibl0010:

MTN Mifi will only work with MTN Sim as it locked to MTN. But if it is an unlocked WiFi (Universal), it would work with all sim.

As regard the best network for data connection, I'll advice you to get Etisalat.

Recharge Card credits your SIM with Airtime, then you can make calls, send SMS and subscribe to data plans and other phone services. All you have to do when your data runs out is just to Top-up your airtime.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by ibl0010: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Osyxcel:

MTN Mifi will only work with MTN Sim as it locked to MTN. But if it is an unlocked WiFi (Universal), it would work with all sim.

As regard the best network for data connection, I'll advice you to get Etisalat.

Recharge Card credits your SIM with Airtel, then you can make calls, send SMS and subscribe to data plans and other phone services. All you have to do when your data runs out is just to Top-up your airtime.

thank for your comment. So what your saying is that if i have unlocked mifi bought in the UK it will work with local sim when i get to nigeria.
Bit confused on two things though. Your advice was to get Etisalat but you also said to recharge card credit with Airtel. Does this mean Airtel and Etisalat are the same company Or is Etisalat just for mobile data and Airtel is for both mobile data and call sim.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Osyxcel(m): 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
ibl0010:

thank for your comment. So what your saying is that if i have unlocked mifi bought in the UK it will work with local sim when i get to nigeria.
Bit confused on two things though. Your advice was to get Etisalat but you also said to recharge card credit with Airtel. Does this mean Airtel and Etisalat are the same company Or is Etisalat just for mobile data and Airtel is for both mobile data and call sim.
Yes, so far it is unlocked to all sims, it will work with any carrier in Nigeria.

Sorry, I meant "Airtime". I've edited it, so you can read again and understand.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by ibl0010: 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Osyxcel:
Yes, so far it is unlocked to all sims, it will work with any carrier in Nigeria.

Sorry, I meant "Airtime". I've edited it, so you can read again and understand.

okay. thanks for clearing it up. So all i do is get a Etisalat sim and insert it into the unlocked mifi i will be taking from the uk and then buy recharge data credit in nigeria to get access to the internet.

Are recharge card credit similar to international phone call.
Re: Mobile Internet Coverage In Ibadan by Osyxcel(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
ibl0010:

okay. thanks for clearing it up. So all i do is get a Etisalat sim and insert it into the unlocked mifi i will be taking from the uk and then buy recharge data credit in nigeria to get access to the internet.

Are recharge card credit similar to international phone call.

You can get the recharge cards from numerous vendors scattered across the country and you can also make use of the ATM to recharge.

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Is A Thief / Forget Your Password? Check Out How To Unlock Your Android Phone / To All Phone & Internet Experts: I Earnestly Need Your Help With This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.