Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,620 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:31 PM

THE HERMIT Kingdom-an Uncommon Culture - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / THE HERMIT Kingdom-an Uncommon Culture (794 Views)

THE HERMIT KINGDOM- The Cataclysmic Occurrence / The Hermit Kingdom – A Country With Too Many Life Lines / Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE HERMIT Kingdom-an Uncommon Culture by Tabspear(m): 1:23am On Aug 04, 2014
Previously I wrote on the history of the Hermit Kingdom, its many life lines and the severe occurrences that caused its split to South and North. Since it’s quite episodic, getting a grasp of the past series on the Hermit Kingdom is crucial, I therefore advise that we visit this link to my website, www.horizonia.net and read them. Today’s episode would be focused primary on the uncommon and beautiful culture of the hermits in their Kingdom and beyond.
A few months back, the world saluted the Korean Prime minister for resigning from his position. This was caused they by a ferry mishap which lead the death of school children. Only but a few did realize that such responsibility had to with culture and character of the Koreans. Quoting the popular saying of littérateur Lee O-young, “In Korea they say there is no logic. Instead there is emotion, intuitional insight and a soulful spirit”. Ordinarily some other leaders would use logic through apportioning of blames and finding solutions. The Prime Minister must have asked himself the question; how I would explain the death of these innocent children to their parent in grief? I have been derelict in my duties as a leader, I should resign. Korean etiquette comprises of a detailed arrangement of formalistic gestures, designed to develop pleasant feelings and smooth relations. Koreans are masters in maintaining their aura and mood, through intuiting the other person’s feeling by observating and behaving in a desirable style or taste.
Due to their mannerism, they are sometimes anxious in determining how to address an individual. Whether it should be straight from the shoulder, talk up or down. This sometimes makes whatever they want to say secondary. However the Koreans are friendly, sympathetic, warm, and cheerful. A non Korean is considered as classless and outcasts who are not expected to have knowledge of the Korean manner, thus any abrasive clash of culture would be disregarded. Further a Korean is seen as considerate, courteous and a doggedly loyal friend, this is asides hitches he will have to deal with when necessary.They are fun loving, boozy, and gregarious. Yet they remain hardworking, dev....www.horizonia.net

(1) (Reply)

Extreme Engineering:Underwater High Speed Train From China To The U.S. / Donald Trump Urges Ban On Muslims Coming To US / ISIS Boy Of 20yrs Old Murders Mother Of 40 In Public.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.