Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor (38524 Views)

Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doc / Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doc / Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by hayoakins(m): 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Can't UN and WHO sponsor the research if the pharmaceutical companies aren't willing undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
pDude:

Does the native doctor in your village or your Prophet Tuberculosis Joshua have a cure?

Keep quiet if you know nothing. It is better that way. If you know anything about medicine, you will know that for every disease, there is always a cure. But FDA regulations, CDC regulations and all that Pharmaceutical testing and Bureaucratic and political bullshyt stands in the way of any cure being administered to human subjects.

You're a stark illiterate! And what's the tosh in your first sentence about?

Also, you asserted that, "for every disease, there's always a cure" - how come there's no known cure for HIV/AIDS? Cancer? Heck, even common cold has no cure.

Hide your face in shame, pseud!

2 Likes

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by idupaul: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
abdulwastecx: Africans need to start doing something. .. we can also set up institute in our university, give them grany to start serious research on drug development instead of relying on the west for all the solution to our problem
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by kechywillz(m): 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
No one will advise you to make efforts to produce a vaccine for the disease till you contract it
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chinwem:

Why is the Africa always at the mercy of the west
Why can't we develop our own vaccines/ cure for once

same thing i have being saying and people on here aint wasting no time to criticize me

1 Like

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
numericalguy: Shebi una take una eye dey see ba?

All those empty headed black people on Nairaland that are quick to start hitting their heads against the wall at the mention of how wicked these white people are.

They don't love you and will never do, I don't know why yeye Africans can't get that into their thick sculls. angry

who told you black people don't know they are being hated by all race?
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]
the europeans will live to see the transition of Africa into the world power

1 Like

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Simplefaithy(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
cnwamo: There will be a cure one day....
. Before then nko?
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
SirShymex:

You're a stark illiterate! And what's the tosh in your first sentence about?

Also, you asserted that, "for every disease, there's always a cure" - how come there's no known cure for HIV/AIDS? Cancer? Heck, even common cold has no cure.

Hide your face in shame, pseud!

Lolz. You are the stark illiterate. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy\

What is chemotherapy? Shebi it is used to cure malaria na? grin grin grin grin

And who told you HIV/AIDS has no cure? The Medication/cure isn't yet stable and can cause severe complications. Hence it needs to be stabilized before being administered to human subjects. The problem with HIV cure is that viral count can always multiply after some years due to Viral DNA hidden or laying dormant in some body cells and this can lead to reinfection after some years. This is what I mean by isn't stable yet. http://www.voanews.com/content/scientists-redouble-efforts-after-aids-virus-rebounds-in-baby-thought-cured/1968502.html

Gerrit undecided
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Simplefaithy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
hayoakins: Can't UN and WHO sponsor the research if the pharmaceutical companies aren't willing undecided
. Who re d people controlling d affairs of dos bodies? Re dey not white? Na yeye dem be nw. Even if africa comes up wit a cure they may say it hasn't be proven ok by them so people sud not use it.
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by fydence: 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
Oh I'm so happy with the attitude of the west to africa on this....thank God...maybe we wld wisen up if we survive this

1 Like

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
oluafolabi: Why are y'all blaming the whites? Don't you have enough pastors here to 'pray' the Ebola away? Aint these the same whites y'all claim don't believe in your god? Why do you need them then? Since Nigeria is probably the most religious country in Africa, god will handle it cheesy grin .
please, are you alright?
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
What's stopping Nigerians from building their laboratories and research centres? We have the money but lack the technical expertise to do it because of our bastardized educational system...

Our youths would rather flock to daddy G.O for divine intervention instead of tasking their brains to solve our problems.....

1 Like

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by jsunex(m): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
Dats gud for the blacks, we don't bliv in ourselves...
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by 3kay945(m): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
mayvia: Am just tired of everything happening around me. God should just blow the damn trumpet and end this shit of a world.
undecided pls wake up. Nothing of such is gonna happen.
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by mrpaulwise: 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
...prophesies about end time
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
pDude:
Lolz. You are the stark illiterate. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy\

What is chemotherapy? Shebi it is used to cure malaria na? grin grin grin grin

And who told you HIV/AIDS has no cure? The Medication/cure isn't yet stable and can cause severe complications. Hence it needs to be stabilized before being administered to human subjects. The problem with HIV cure is that viral count can always multiply after some years due to Viral DNA hidden or laying dormant in some body cells and this can lead to reinfection after some years. This is what I mean by isn't stable yet. http://www.voanews.com/content/scientists-redouble-efforts-after-aids-virus-rebounds-in-baby-thought-cured/1968502.html

Gerrit undecided

Honestly, you're like a gift that keeps on giving. How many folks with stage 3 and stage 4 cancer has chemotherapy cured? How about those with prostrate and cervical cancer? Heck, the success rate of the effectiveness of chemotherapy on folks with stage 1 and 2 cancer is very poor, and it actually kills more than it helps. And it doesn't even cure anything, it just controls it.

Moreover, where's your cure for Parkinson's disease? I'm sure Muhammad Ali will like to speak to you since you have a cure for it.

As for the link you posted about HIV/AIDS, there's absolutely no point even checking it. The caption itself is self-explanatory, with "thought-cured" - which means: probably/maybe. Again, where's your cure for HIV/AIDS?

Anyway, not all white folks care about the plight of black people. And whenever you see the few who're actually trying to do something to help, learn to appreciate them.

1 Like

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Honestly, you're like a gift that keeps on giving. How many folks with stage 3 and stage 4 cancer has chemotherapy cured? How about those with prostrate and cervical cancer? Heck, the success rate of the effectiveness of chemotherapy on folks with stage 1 and 2 cancer is very poor, and it actually kills more than it helps. And it doesn't even cure anything, it just controls it.

Moreover, where's your cure for Parkinson's disease? I'm sure Muhammad Ali will like to speak to you since you have a cure for it.

As for the link you posted about HIV/AIDS, there's absolutely no point even checking it. The caption itself is self-explanatory, with "thought-cured" - which means: probably/maybe. Again, where's your cure for HIV/AIDS?

Anyway, not all white folks care about the plight of black people. And whenever you see the few who're actually trying to do something to help, learn to appreciate them.

Good to lock horns with an educated fellow such as yourself. wink
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
pDude:

Good to lock horns with an educated fellow such as yourself. wink

I'm not educated, however, I'm glad the man spoke out and he made it a race thing to make it more newsworthy because race-baiting sells. That shows there's still hope in humanity. He doesn't owe anybody shiit - and he could've kept his mouth shut since ebola killing Africans doesn't affect him, and his position.

Just apologise to him and move on.
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by epospiky(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
God help us. Some day EBOLA VIRUS will be history.
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
mayvia: Am just tired of everything happening around me. God should just blow the damn trumpet and end this shit of a world.
And you are
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by ichommy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
#Lobatan
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by AndreB: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chinwem:

Because we call our methods fetish,babaric and devilish..and prefer to fold our arms and wait for the white man.
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by HARDDON: 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chinwem:

such a painful truth!

waste almost their whole life treating and recommending drugs, drugs they didnt invent. only after their wallets and not lives!
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
Good! Africans should develop their own gaddamn vaccines! We are not an inferior people and our greedy leaders should for once do the needful and invest in research to produce a cure/vaccine against this African disease....Enough of the plundering of resources and let's for once in our pathetic lives use the brain God has given us!

1 Like

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by EMANY01(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
Djtm: I've read this stance (and other POVs) on facebook. The thing is, it is not their job to do so. They are not responsible for us. They are not our "Daddy". African phamarceuticals should rise up and take the challenge too. If foreigners work on a cure, good. If they don't, well...

You don't say "the reason I'm not in school is because my neighbour did not pay my school fees. When his kids start going to school, I know he'll pay school fees."

You just said it all nothing to add here.Until we drop the self deceit on the so-called efficacy of traditional medicine we would go nowhere.
Africa and Africans have for so long deceived themselves willfully I might add that just mashing and boiling together some roots , herbs leaves and the like are all that is required to solve todays increasingly complex health challenges always saying that our great fore fathers used those same methods and that our civilization can date back thousands of years as Su h we have nothing to learn from the west.
Well the Indians the chinese the Japanese and the Koreans have civilizations that predate western civilization but the only reason that those countries are where they are today technologically is because those countries have realized that :Science is Science.
Science is not western civilization nor is it Japanese,Indian,Eastern or even African civilization,it is simply a set of rules you must follow to gain certain results.
Those results will not be different (for Africa) if we copied and followed those rules and processes like the Asians did.Practicing science will not make us less Africans as it has not made the Indian less Indian or the Korean less Korean.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by omoadeleye(m): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
one Liberian dan put the entire Nigerian to frustration
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by InvertedHammer: 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
/
Nonsense article!

Make una dey there dey wait for big Pharma to step in.

If na to answer Dr. Pharm. Chem. etc, una go parade your worthless degrees.

Now use that degree make something, Africans go hide face for ground and queue behind the whiteman.

All those NMA, JOHESU c@cksuckers..this is the time to put that super-inflated ego to test.

Oya..find cure for Ebola---no be to fight who go answer "CONSULTANT" (big name wey dey kill dog)

\

3 Likes

Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by maziemma(m): 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
Yomieluv: If this is true,we are in for this. We are once again at the mercy of the cartel of the pharmaceutical world.

The worst form is the mode of transmission,anybody could be a victim..something should be done fast,else it would be devastating..
very catastrofic
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by sammer4life(m): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
But why all these dependence on the white men for a cure ? Wetin our own pharmacists dey carry research grants do ? Our forefathers must be ashamed of us by now . We threw away what they gave us and adopted the stranger's own. Until we go back to our OWN way of doing things, whether crude or noy, we will continue to wait. Emancipate ursef from mental slavery. Non but oursef can free our mind
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by fm7070: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
It is just that we lack facility. I strongly believe the vaccine and cure for this ebola virus is within west africa.
I pray God will open someone's eyes to this
Re: Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor by Gbengem(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jonathan's assignment keeps incrementing initially it was boko haram now plus ebola virus. May God help Him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos / Mentally-Challenged Patient Escapes From Psychiatric Hospital In Lagos (Photo) / Papilloma Deadly Virus Is A Virus Gotten From Kissing, Please Kiss Less Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.