Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Couple Of 62 Years Finish Their Life Together By Dying Just Four Hours Apart. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Couple Of 62 Years Finish Their Life Together By Dying Just Four Hours Apart. (568 Views)

Why Do Keke Napep Operators Always Write Their Life Problems On Their Tricycle! / Identical Twins : Can You Tell Them Apart? / Things You Would Do If You Had Only Twenty-Four Hours Left To Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Couple Of 62 Years Finish Their Life Together By Dying Just Four Hours Apart. by ralphcrown1: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2014
Not many can lay claim to fulfilling their vow of 'till death do us part'.

But for one California couple, who had been married an incredible 62 years, that's precisely what happened.

The family of Don and Maxine Simpson say they were two people brought together by fate and left each other in the same, dying just four hours apart .

'I knew in my heart this is what's supposed to happen - Grandma and grandpa are supposed to be together and grandma and grandpa are going to die together,' granddaughter Melissa Sloan told Two weeks ago, Don was at home when he fell, breaking his hip.

He was taken to hospital, but his health continued to decline.

At the same time, the cancer his wife had been fighting for hers started to progress as well.

'I told my sister on the phone, we got one shot to get them together,' Sloan said.

The family that, despite the situation, Don and Maxine would demand to be together, so they were both moved to a spare room in the family's home.

'We kept them together, and had their beds side-by-side,' Sloan said.

'Gram woke up and saw him, and held hands and they knew that they were next to each other.'

It wasn't long after that, holding her husband's hand, Maxine took her last breath.

'I walked them out with her body, walked back in to check on grandpa and he quit breathing as soon as her body left the room.

source: http://www.ralphcrown.com/2014/08/couple-of-62-years-finish-their-life.html

Re: Couple Of 62 Years Finish Their Life Together By Dying Just Four Hours Apart. by Prodigee: 9:48am On Aug 04, 2014
ok

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland's Frontpage Needs Changes Please..........................! / Wikipedia's Entry Page On The Nigerian NYSC. Fact Or Vandalism? / What Do U Tink Is D Best Invention Or Discovery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.