Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

'nigerian Businessman Died Of Cocaine Ingestion On Eurostar' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'nigerian Businessman Died Of Cocaine Ingestion On Eurostar' (805 Views)

Gunmen Kill Nigerian Businessman In South Africa / Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion / Edwin Ozoani Dies Of Cocaine Ingestion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'nigerian Businessman Died Of Cocaine Ingestion On Eurostar' by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
http://odili.net/news/source/2014/aug/3/3.html
A NIGERIAN businessman carrying 110 wraps of cocaine worth £50,000 in his stomach during his Eurostar train journey from Paris to London on March 21, died because one of the wraps split open into his intestines, an inquest into his death was told during a hearing at St Pancras Coroner's court on Monday.

The 43-year old Amsterdam resident, Ifeanyi Otuegbu , was found slumped on his seat by a female passenger after the train pulled to its final destination at St Pancras station on the said date. Although paramedics tried to revive him by administering CPR - artificial respiration - but he died on the train, the court was told. According to St Pancras coroner, Ms Mary Hassell, who recorded a verdict of accidental death, Otuegbu was killed as a result of a 'massive' ingestion of cocaine.

"He died as a consequence of the rupture of cocaine packages that he was body- packing on his journey from Paris," she told the hearing.

Although the fellow passenger who raised the alarm had expressed concerns that there was a lack of urgency from the emergency services who walked to the scene, the coroner ruled that not only was their response reasonable, but that paramedics carrying heavy equipment need not tire themselves out by running. More importantly, the court also noted that it was unlikely that Otuegbu was to have been saved anyway as he had absorbed "far more than a fatal dose of cocaine."

Otuegbu , who was described as a frequent international traveller, had visited London about 40 times in the last two years , and was known to have stayed at his sister's place in Harrow during those period.

Detective Constable Michael Saunders, of the British Transport Police, spoke to The Guardian Friday afternoon without confirming that further investigations into the circumstances surrounding the death are ongoing.

However, he did say "the inquest is completed," and that "at this point, I can't say any further investigations are continuing. There will be statements to that effect in due course."

When asked if any family member of Otuegbu was present at Monday 's hearing, Saunders said: "None attended, but they were aware."
Re: 'nigerian Businessman Died Of Cocaine Ingestion On Eurostar' by PassingShot(m): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Good for him.
Re: 'nigerian Businessman Died Of Cocaine Ingestion On Eurostar' by ednut1(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
say hi to the devil. op y is his name bolded. tribal bigot. i remember in 2010 i remembered a guy in my secondary skul. i den google his name. agbabiaka lukman. isolo king is his uncle. he was nabbed for carrying drugs . so stop tribalism
Re: 'nigerian Businessman Died Of Cocaine Ingestion On Eurostar' by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
Which one is tribal?? They said nobody attended the hearing? So if his people are on NL let them know in case they haven't heard so I bolded the name. Anyway me I like Fulani people so I have no reason to be bigoted against the Fulani . They are nice people

(1) (Reply)

Teachers Strip Contractor Naked For Impregnating Student / Photos: 7 Die As Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano. / Incredible:Granny Robs 3 Banks In Less Than 30 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.