Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease (831 Views)

BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister / BREAKING: Nigeria Records New Ebola Cases / Can Mosquito Transfer Ebola Virus Disease ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by JustCare: 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
A fresh case of Ebola virus disease has been recorded in Nigeria.

One of the doctors that attended to the Liberian, Patrick Sawyler tested positive to the virus.

Result of the second doctor who was symptomatic is being awaited — this the Minister of Health said would be made public this afternoon.

Seventy of those that also travelled along with the Liberian are under surveillance. Eight are already under quarantine.

Airlines have also been directed not to bring back dead bodies from the countries with Ebola virus.

Government agencies have also been directed to ensure that borders are properly checked to ensure that dead bodies from such countries are not allowed in.

Besides, the government has also set up six member treatment and research committee as part of the efforts to contain the disease

source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/breaking-nigeria-records-another-case-of-ebola-virus-disease/

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by santakris(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
Yeeepa. God please be merciful unto us. Don't let this deadly virus spread.
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by daisy123(f): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
JustCare:

A fresh case of Ebola virus disease has been recorded in Nigeria.

One of the doctors that attended to the Liberian, Patrick Sawyler tested positive to the virus.

Result of the second doctor who was symptomatic is being awaited — this the Minister of Health said would be made public this afternoon.

Seventy of those that also travelled along with the Liberian are under surveillance. Eight are already under quarantine.

Airlines have also been directed not to bring back dead bodies from the countries with Ebola virus.

Government agencies have also been directed to ensure that borders are properly checked to ensure that dead bodies from such countries are not allowed in.

Besides, the government has also set up six member treatment and research committee as part of the efforts to contain the disease

source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/breaking-nigeria-records-another-case-of-ebola-virus-disease/
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by proffemi: 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
I just found someone who is trying to get the FDA (US) to fast-track testing of a possible treatment for Ebola. His petition on change.org requires another 12,000 supporters. Please go there and chip in with your support. Let's do something - anything - to stem the tide that looks set to consume us all...

Sign here (if you're interested):

http://www.change.org/petitions/food-and-drug-adminstration-fast-track-drug-and-vaccine-research-for-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by JustCare: 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
santakris: Yeeepa. God please be merciful unto us. Don't let this deadly virus spread.
hopefully
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by speckless: 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
May NMA not call off this strike anytime soon. Am really scared!!
A government that gives no form of protection to its healthcare workers,
no post exposure prophylaxis to HIV, having to pay for hepatitis B and
yellow fever vaccine in the same hospital where u work and get exposed
to these hazard, no life or professional indemnity insurance despite all
these. Hazard allowance of 5000naira across board!! May ThUNDER
strike you if you criticize me!!! AMEN.
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by ggrin(f): 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
EBOLA wahala.

Girls no longer hug their guys, the highest they
give nowadays is 45` instead of the normal 360

* Guys are now afraid to shake their fellow guys
instead they throw way salutes like soldiers.(Na their fault?)undecidedembarassed

* People now wear long sleave sweaters, headcovers, and trousers while entering buses
and taxi no matter how hot the weather is.. (See as Naija take turn Europe)shockedangry

* Neighbours, even family members become suspects at the slightest sign of illness..(the one wey nearly make my neighbour go call health officers for me because say I sneeze 2 times today).sadgrin

* You take a girl out for dinner, drive her back to
her house, walk her to the door-step, she leaves
you,walks to her door, open it, waves at you and throw a goodnight kiss at you (if you like catch am)tonguelipsrsealed

* The aboki that sells suya beside our house dey
chop Him suya himself these days because even
the suya is a suspect (Who wan die?)grincheesy

* Nigeria Police don't arrest People by Themselves anymore, if You commit any Crime just do the
arresting by Yourself.(Just Handcuff yourself
come station, use ur hand by self enter Cell):D8)

* My friend is no longer dating our Neighbor's
Daughter called ADEBOLAshockedcry

* YORUBA People in My Area now greet EKU EBOLA O.(I dey answer them EKU BACK TO
SENDER)lipsrsealedangry
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by JustCare: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
speckless: May NMA not call off this strike anytime soon. Am really scared!!
A government that gives no form of protection to its healthcare workers,
no post exposure prophylaxis to HIV, having to pay for hepatitis B and
yellow fever vaccine in the same hospital where u work and get exposed
to these hazard, no life or professional indemnity insurance despite all
these. Hazard allowance of 5000naira across board!! May ThUNDER
strike you if you criticize me!!! AMEN.
hmmm!
Do you know the likely immediate and after effect of the bolded above... what you are advocating is more devastating than thunder embarassed
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by JustCare: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
ggrin: EBOLA wahala.

instead they throw way salutes like soldiers.(Na their fault?)undecidedembarassed

* People now wear long sleave sweaters, headcovers, and trousers while entering buses
and taxi no matter how hot the weather is.. (See as Naija take turn Europe)shockedangry

* Neighbours, even family members become suspects at the slightest sign of illness..(the one wey nearly make my neighbour go call health officers for me because say I sneeze 2 times today).sadgrin

you,walks to her door, open it, waves at you and throw a goodnight kiss at you (if you like catch am)tonguelipsrsealed

* Nigeria Police don't arrest People by Themselves anymore, if You commit any Crime just do the

SENDER)lipsrsealedangry
is no longer funny dude cry
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by chioma134: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
May God have mercy on our colleague and his family who may have just laid down his/her life for
ungrateful Nigeria. And for the rest of our colleagues,may we never suffer the same fate whille
discharging our duties. Amen.
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by JustCare: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
chioma134: May God have mercy on our colleague and his family who may have just laid down his/her life for
ungrateful Nigeria. And for the rest of our colleagues,may we never suffer the same fate whille
discharging our duties. Amen.
he didn't commit suicide dear sad
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by bankyblue(m): 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by ggrin(f): 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
JustCare:
is no longer funny dude cry
soundecided
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Records Another Case Of Ebola Virus Disease by obiscolly(m): 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
ggrin: EBOLA wahala.

SENDER)lipsrsealedangry
Chaii cry

(1) (Reply)

Salt And Hot Water Prevents Ebola?? / Hausa Song On Mosquito Nets To Prevent Malaria / How To Lose Weight And Clear Excess Tummy Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.