Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award (673 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award by jerricho(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
The World Cup has come and gone but Lionel Messi receiving the World Cup Golden Ball award is still stirring storms of controversy.

The World Cup Golden Ball award was FIFA's gift, or rather Blatter's gift, to Messi.

Messi obviously didn't earn the World Cup Golden Ball. I mean, it's ridiculous.

James Rodriguez, clearly the best player at the World Cup (in my opinion), didn't get the award because he didn't play in the semifinal, or the final.

Speaking of the semifinal and the final, Messi didn't do anything in those two games.

You want to talk about semifinals? What about the time when Arjen Robben totally outperformed Messi in the South Africa 2010 World Cup semifinal?

Alright, let's come back to the Brazil 2014 World Cup final.

What about the fact that Germany won the game?! Talk about Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Neuer. What, because they don't play for Barcelona they don't get the award?

Enough said, FIFA (Blatter and Company) gave their golden boy (Messi) the Golden Ball award. It's just ridiculous.

And when you talk about goals, what about Muller? What about James Rodriguez? With just two games left, both had more goals and assists than Lionel Messi.

Man of the Match awards. Right. Messi got a few Man of the Match awards, I will say that. But a Man of the Match award where nobody does nothing in the game is perfectly understandable.

Lionel Messi shows a little spark of brilliance, a little bit of dribbling, and that gets a Man of the Match award. So, that makes his Man of the Match better than an Arjen Robben Man of the Match—where he destroyed Spain (defending champions at the time) completely.

Everybody on the Dutch team played well against Spain, but Robben played even better than everybody else.

I'm sorry, but I need to put things in perspective here. Even Tim Howard's Man of the Match was way better than all of the Messi Man of the Match awards. I'm sorry but it's quite clear.

I haven't the vaguest idea why Messi fans still think that he's the "greatest of all time". Honestly, these biased buffoons make me sick!

Conclusively, I think James Rodriguez should have won the Golden Ball award—in addition to his Golden Boot and Goal of the Tournament awards.
Re: My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
I think you need to ask FIFA's Technical Committee why they chose Messi. Gerard Houllier former Liverpool coach and a member of the committee spoke on this issue shortly after the world cup, though I can only remember one point about Messi creating most scoring chances. Ask pls.
Re: My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award by bisi16(m): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lol.. D 1 he won since last year or another 1?
Re: My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award by mstik(f): 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
Well, It's Messi, the soccer guru- everyone's mindset
I agree with Op sha

1 Like

Re: My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award by tuffgongjo(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
My question is why is he not in the all star team of the tournament(first 11)?

2 Likes

Re: My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award by CeiW5k: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: My Anger About Messi Making Away with the World Cup Golden Ball Award by olojuede01: 5:48am On Aug 05, 2014
Bros go fifa site see why dem give am na...... Besides that, giving it to either of them is justifiable

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Man Utd Have Most Expensive Squad EVER / Leicester City To Win Man Utd Today / Are You A Man/ Lady Look Or Seeking Sugar Mummy/ Daddy Call Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.